Don't worry, Some people on here don't understand
the causal relationship to bad calls and how that
can alter the sequence of events thereafter. It's
harder to tell teams who are chasing wins to just
not worry than it is teams that are winning and get
the better calls. Like Suzie said, your team could
be playing shit & the ref having a bad game, the two
things aren't mutually exclusive...we need to win smh
Exactly kaito, a lot of posters on this forum do not seem to comprehend that 2 things are able to be true at the same time..

In any game the refs ability to be able to maintain a 10 meter is the most important thing to get right, on a heavy track on a wet day, it’s even more important. I am afraid the ref yesterday struggled to get the Dogs back five. Absolutely handed the game to the Dogs on a platter. Benji having a go at his players for their lack of discipline should know from his playing days that frustration leads to indiscipline and the ref caused the frustration. He needs to start highlighting the abysmal refereeing we are getting week in and week out
He'd be one of a thousand coaches who've done that and yet there's been no improvement.

Haven't read all the comments so not sure if it's been mentioned, but that call against Sezer (staying in the play the ball) when the attacker had his leg hooked was a big error. It was 4th tackle and the subsequent set led to a try. They should use video for these sorts of things. Very frustrating.

In any game the refs ability to be able to maintain a 10 meter is the most important thing to get right, on a heavy track on a wet day, it’s even more important. I am afraid the ref yesterday struggled to get the Dogs back five. Absolutely handed the game to the Dogs on a platter. Benji having a go at his players for their lack of discipline should know from his playing days that frustration leads to indiscipline and the ref caused the frustration. He needs to start highlighting the abysmal refereeing we are getting week in and week out
I think it is about time that our coach was willing to cop the fine and just kick up about the ridiculous rulings we have been getting. Apologies on Mondays do not mean anything. Continually going along without making waves about absolute garbage ref calls hasn’t solved the issues, they just throw us more rubbish calls.
I don’t believe other coaches or clubs would just quietly cop it, so why do we? Did we deserve to win all the games we have had dud calls in or would we have won them with better calls? Who knows, probably not but he’ll give us a chance with an even playing field.

I think it is about time that our coach was willing to cop the fine and just kick up about the ridiculous rulings we have been getting. Apologies on Mondays do not mean anything. Continually going along without making waves about absolute garbage ref calls hasn’t solved the issues, they just throw us more rubbish calls.
I don’t believe other coaches or clubs would just quietly cop it, so why do we? Did we deserve to win all the games we have had dud calls in or would we have won them with better calls? Who knows, probably not but he’ll give us a chance with an even playing field.
I would be very dissapoited if Benji and/or Shane aren.t having those closed door discussions as we type.

I highly doubt it 2040. Sure they’ll have a whinge internally but once we start playing better, and dominating, the ref will be out of the equation.
You don't think we talk to the refs and ask them to pick up their game?
You reckon they'll respond with "you do it first." Sure and I would agree 100% but we cant be weak push overs. I think if Lee was still here he would be threatening legal action 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
You don't think we talk to the refs and ask them to pick up their game?
You reckon they'll respond with "you do it first." Sure and I would agree 100% but we cant be weak push overs. I think if Lee was still here he would be threatening legal action 😂
I fully understand where you’re coming from but imo is the $10k really doesn’t achieve much and whilst I’m sure all coaches have conversations about poor decisions it never really changes much.
I don’t think there can be anymore scrutiny of decisions than there is now but the human factor/ interpretation is still the bottom line.

I just watched Annesley's wrap up of round 9 and the biggest topic was the villification of match officials by players and "keyboard warriors". I get the point he was trying to make, and I agree 100% that the response by many fans to the perfrmance of Kasey Badger was over the top and also mysogonistic. However, there were two issues that should have been addressed.

The unhelpful and mysogonistic response was one side of the coin; but the elephant in the room was that the performance of the match officals was well below par. It was sort of brushed under the table because the Referree is a "rookie" official. That was a cop out. Kasey Badger is an experienced referee (just not at NRL level) and was supported by a team of officials.

After having a rant about the over the top response by some, Annesley should have gone on to note that there were several decisions made by the team of officials that was not up the the required standard - including the Salad's tackle (which was not a hip drop by definition). After that level of performance I trust that, even though it was glossed over by Annesley, behind closed doors the entire team of officials is going through some remedial training.

Last edited:
I wonder which ref we’ll get this week ?
I doubt we will get Badger. By rights she, along with her touchie mates, should be back in Cup getting more time under her belt. I expect they will not want to do that because of the message it will send.

I wonder which ref we’ll get this week ?

The least capable one selected for first grade this week,so Anusley can say it was only a novice referee who is still learning after they give us a severe shafting.The stupidity is we would probably lose anyway but the decision makers in the NRL try to make sure of it

Latest posts

Members online

Back