Terrible ref

She cost us momentum and caused frustration countless times during the game. If the officiating was more subjective, it's impossible to know what the end result would of been.

Don't worry, Some people on here don't understand
the causal relationship to bad calls and how that
can alter the sequence of events thereafter. It's
harder to tell teams who are chasing wins to just
not worry than it is teams that are winning and get
the better calls. Like Suzie said, your team could
be playing shit & the ref having a bad game, the two
things aren't mutually exclusive...we need to win smh

Last edited:
In any game the refs ability to be able to maintain a 10 meter is the most important thing to get right, on a heavy track on a wet day, it’s even more important. I am afraid the ref yesterday struggled to get the Dogs back five. Absolutely handed the game to the Dogs on a platter. Benji having a go at his players for their lack of discipline should know from his playing days that frustration leads to indiscipline and the ref caused the frustration. He needs to start highlighting the abysmal refereeing we are getting week in and week out

Correction...exactly.. therefore... discipline...its like no respect for the coach...lets see next week. Eliminate the ref.. score points instead...

She cost us momentum and caused frustration countless times during the game. If the officiating was more subjective, it's impossible to know what the end result would of been.
Yep, maybe the dogs would have gotten on a roll.
The stop start nature of the game affected them as well after all.

Personally would like the club to get better at fielding a competitive, skilled and resilient rugby league team. We do that and the rub of the green and ability to overcome poor referee decisions will follow.
You do realise that they only scored 3 tries? our defence has improved through the roof this year (compared to last 3 years, a low bottom admittedly 😜), we do have line speed this year, we move up and try to put them on the ground… we are so inexperienced and sadly our older players are doing some dumb things instead of controlling the game... Our level headed leader is 18! 😳.

You do realise that they only scored 3 tries? our defence has improved through the roof this year (compared to last 3 years, a low bottom admittedly 😜), we do have line speed this year, we move up and try to put them on the ground… we are so inexperienced and sadly our older players are doing some dumb things instead of controlling the game... Our level headed leader is 18! 😳.
Good post.

We seem to have no points in us.
Well known for being an attacking team but can't attack.

I am not sure you have invalidated my comment. There have been some defensive improvements at stages, sure. We still regularly lose matches, this particular one we worked hard to lead at halftime then completely melted down in the second half. As you point out our youngsters are performing and in some cases leading the team better than the senior players. Lets hope we don’t burn them out.

no need to mention gender she is “considered” a professional and is paid to do a job. Refereeing was conducted in a poor and referee should be dropped back to a level where performance can be assessed. Only when performance is deemed to have improved, only when this has occurred only then shall referee earn the right to return to top level. Unfortunately the NRL will continue to damage the brand if this amateur referee at an elite level. USELESS

Badger has been on the scene for a few years now, lots of experience in the box, controling lower grade games, controlling NRLW games and running the line as a touchie. Her performance on Saturday was amateur stuff and was embarrassing bad. The bad calls went both ways, but hat doesn’t make it acceptable.

no need to mention gender she is “considered” a professional and is paid to do a job. Refereeing was conducted in a poor and referee should be dropped back to a level where performance can be assessed. Only when performance is deemed to have improved, only when this has occurred only then shall referee earn the right to return to top level. Unfortunately the NRL will continue to damage the brand if this amateur referee at an elite level. USELESS
It doesn’t matter if you have a toggle or a box. You need to know the rules, you need 2 eyes, (sorry to all those people with one eye, let me know if I’m wrong, but I reckon you need 2), you need to be fit, and you need to have a rugby league brain that has grown up playing and or reffing rugby league.
I have family that have done all that and reffed NRL and I hate them as much as any other ref, they were never that bad. She was atrocious, she denied us our challenge when we still had one left. She had 3 successful challenges by 48mins, that’s one incorrect call every 16mins. Imagine if you did something incorrect and so poorly at work that it had to be corrected every 16mins? You’d get the shaft, but the only ones getting shafted again is the Tigpies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back