Take a breath

finnzo

I think we all need to settle down here we could have won today And we really didn’t play that well.
Eels are a top 4 team this was a huge effort from the boys we have a lot of winnable games coming up we always new the first month of the season was going to be tough

@finnzo said in [Take a breath](/post/1329107) said:
I think we all need to settle down here we could have won today And we really didn’t play that well.
Eels are a top 4 team this was a huge effort from the boys we have a lot of winnable games coming up we always new the first month of the season was going to be tough

We could of if they had a heart and cared about the outcome. 70 minutes of the game they were bludging.

I never understand this argument - just because they are a good team we're excused?

These are the teams we need to be competing with. All this shows is how big the gap is.

The scoreline might have been close, but the performance sure as hell wasn't close. The Eels were terrible, and playing in 3rd gear - yet comfortably won that game. When we got close, they turned it on. They did enough to get the win, but if they were on the could have put 50.

You don’t just almost beat a top 4 team by not having a go I was at the game they were having a go they are just no where near as good as the eels are look at there team and the amount of origin players in it it was just a far far far better roster

@finnzo said in [Take a breath](/post/1329136) said:
You don’t just almost beat a top 4 team by not having a go I was at the game they were having a go they are just no where near as good as the eels are look at there team and the amount of origin players in it it was just a far far far better roster

So why excuse us having a horrible roster? Let me guess , next year?

Maybe if the team were coached a bit better things might be different ...there is effort but no structure this comes from the coach !

We also have to remember we have a hole new spine this is there 3rd game together 3 of them are under the age of 24 we are only going to improve I know I’m making excuses for the team and for Madge but we have to be patient this isn’t going to change over night

Our disallowed try early and Gutherson's 'onside' at the finish both had about the same amount of doubt about them, yet one is pulled up and the other awarded. 12 point swing. Very hard to win close matches without the officials giving you the rub of the green.
Ditto for the 'not played at' decision when their bloke knocked it over the sideline after our guy kicked it. Pretty much exact same scenario yesterday was ruled as 'played at' by Tariq Sims and Newcastle got the ball back. Lottery-like officiating is head-scratchingly bad.

@fade-to-black said in [Take a breath](/post/1329172) said:
Our disallowed try early and Gutherson's 'onside' at the finish both had about the same amount of doubt about them, yet one is pulled up and the other awarded. 12 point swing. Very hard to win close matches without the officials giving you the rub of the green.
Ditto for the 'not played at' decision when their bloke knocked it over the sideline after our guy kicked it. Pretty much exact same scenario yesterday was ruled as 'played at' by Tariq Sims and Newcastle got the ball back. Lottery-like officiating is head-scratchingly bad.

You’ve nailed it again... rather nail my NRL balls to the fence after Klein the clown’s effort... how can it be considered professional or proper ?

Of course he won’t be dropped

Thank you. I sick of all the negative comments from everyone and commentators we've nearly won today and we've only lost to the top 4 teams so far in my eyes. We got a completely new and young spine with majority of our players new. We finally have a pack that doesn't collapse in on itself when the starting props go off which is been the issue for the last 7 years or so when we couldn't match most teams. We can build on this team

That's loser mentality, thats how you stay a bottom feeder.

If our players are thinking that running out, thats problem #1

@moh said in [Take a breath](/post/1329134) said:

I never understand this argument - just because they are a good team we're excused?

These are the teams we need to be competing with. All this shows is how big the gap is.

The scoreline might have been close, but the performance sure as hell wasn't close. The Eels were terrible, and playing in 3rd gear - yet comfortably won that game. When we got close, they turned it on. They did enough to get the win, but if they were on the could have put 50.

We are not competing with them - at absolute best we fall in to 8th spot. We are not going to beat top 4 sides. the sides we are competing against are teams like Newcastle, warriors titans saints and sharks. We beat those sides each time we play them plus beat those on the level below being manly cowboys broncos and dogs then we walk in to the 8. Yes it would be wonderful to beat top 4 sides but at the moment i'll settle for beating the sides we need to beat.

@diedpretty said in [Take a breath](/post/1329222) said:

We are not competing with them - at absolute best we fall in to 8th spot. We are not going to beat top 4 sides. the sides we are competing against are teams like Newcastle, warriors titans saints and sharks. We beat those sides each time we play them plus beat those on the level below being manly cowboys broncos and dogs then we walk in to the 8. Yes it would be wonderful to beat top 4 sides but at the moment i'll settle for beating the sides we need to beat.

100%

There are plenty of positives but what worries of me is that some of the fundamentals are really poor - line speed, kick pressure, marker communication, depth and support runners etc. We are outclassed against the top echelon in those areas. We need a kill against the cowboys for confidence

@fade-to-black said in [Take a breath](/post/1329172) said:

Another thing about the refereeing. There was one point where we made a dominant tackle on our line, the ref made our tackler get off him straight away. Next tackle crash ball, quick play of the ball. Next play they score.

I'm taking back what I said about these new rules. What the heck is that? That's rugby league 101 - if you smash someone, you are entitled to flop around on top of them for a few seconds. Now I finally see what people mean about the game becoming touch footy.

Well, yes - I understand what you're saying. But at the end of the day, we will need to be able to beat or at least compete with the top 4 sides to win the premiership.

@moh said in [Take a breath](/post/1329262) said:

Well, yes - I understand what you're saying. But at the end of the day, we will need to be able to beat or at least compete with the top 4 sides to win the premiership.

That’s true but we aren’t going to win the comp
This year everybody knows that we just need to make the 8 and improve from that

hang tight ,its around the corner[check your crystal ball]

@finnzo said in [Take a breath](/post/1329276) said:

That’s true but we aren’t going to win the comp
This year everybody knows that we just need to make the 8 and improve from that

Mmmmmmm, been holding my breath for 9 years. Any day now.......

I will disagree here I think Parra will struggle to be top 4 at seasons end ...they do not impress me at all. It will be a case the competition is so weak !

Latest posts

Members online

Back