Surely the halves experiment is over?

clontarfkid

Neither can tackle,placing huge pressure and eventually fatigue on the other 11 on the park .
Altho Moses makes an attempt in defence(Brooks "efforts were truly embarrasing)but he adds absolutely nothing in attack,so surely he has to go.
Not the only problem,but a major contibutor

lol experiment?

give it a couple more years mate.. they're here till 2017.

moses has been disappointing but i still think he'll come through.

defense was very bad today from them but it happens when you're this small.

Neither can tackle???? Honestly watch the game and don't listen to myths. Moses kills It in defence. And like Demps said, who replaces them? Both lower grades have lost the last 2 weeks and Drinkwater hasn't done anything special.

I think we cant have both of them in the team at halves.What about giving drinkwater a go at 5/8th,tedesco to centre and moses back to fb where he played better last yr and brooks needs a huge kick up the arse

Drinkwater has been woeful in State Cup in recent weeks. Makes Ben Reynolds, Ben Jeffereys, Kerr, Withers etc look like Joey Johns.

Im happy to stick with Brooks and Moses. Mitch is a good defender. Luke isnt but with more support can be.

Our attack wasnt the problem today, it was our defence.

Woods, Sue and other big men missed some crucial tackles.

Yes they will both be around long term(Brooks most certainly),but here and now playing both of them together is a huge liability in defence and the team is suffering.
Just cant keep repeating the same mistakes week in week out or the season ,which still holds considerable promise,will be over in a heartbeat
They are both small..maybe they need a meeting with Danks on the quiet>..?

@king sirro said:
Neither can tackle???? Honestly watch the game and don't listen to myths. Moses kills It in defence. And like Demps said, who replaces them? Both lower grades have lost the last 2 weeks and Drinkwater hasn't done anything special.

moses' defense is quite good but brooks struggled today and this season overall.

putting that missed tackle aside- both our halves tend to rush out of the line trying to stop the big men.. they're not afraid at all and very tough. but i just think sticking with their backrower/centre is better for them for now until they put on some size.

Didn't I see a recent star that Moses has a 90% success rate with his tackling? Although Sue had 98% and his misses led to two tries.

They have been graded early as we had no other choice given we had to pay good money to keep them. When you play a young team those sort of games will be lost….despite how much it peeves me off

If Moses offers nothing in attack it might as well be Moltzen out there in the six who is actually a good defender in the line and has experience.

Moses gets pushed off too easily and too often in front on defence
Im just not seeing what value he brings to the team in attack at this level either.
Fortunately taylor has experience in these positions and have no doubt hell make the tough decisions(and hopefully not lawrence at 6)
Actually,hopefully not lawrence in the 13 whilst on the subject….

@MacDougall said:
If Moses offers nothing in attack it might as well be Moltzen out there in the six who is actually a good defender in the line and has experience.

not a bad idea.. i wouldnt wanna drop moses but i think a message needs to be sent on a consistent basis that you either perform or gtfo.

For me Moses is out of his depth did nothing but pass the ball and kicked Austin made him look second rate not once did he go to the line and try to set a move.

@clontarfkid said:
Moses gets pushed off too easily and too often in front on defence
Im just not seeing what value he brings to the team in attack at this level either.
Fortunately taylor has experience in these positions and have no doubt hell make the tough decisions(and hopefully not lawrence at 6)
Actually,hopefully not lawrence in the 13 whilst on the subject….

This team will continue to go backwards whilst they continually select three major liabilities, Lawrence. Moses and Brooks. I am sure that every opposition team knows it and is extremely happy to profit from it.

Experiment? What experiment? This is what we have. This is the combo the club has invested so much time and effort into, like it or lump it. I can cop Brooks cos he has showed glimpses, Moses on the other hand, well all i'll say about Moses is that i hear the raps people have on him and how he's gonna be a star, then i look at a kid like Jack Bird. Now that right there is a kid who is a star in the making. Idk if its just black, white and orange eyes seeing things in some of these kids that aren't there, or if some people are just genuinely bad judges.

@king sirro said:

Sirro,

Some people only watch first grade and believe that we can just pluck people from no where.

I'm in total shock that Moses is copping it over Brooks after that game today. …shock.

kids will come good dont you worry.

there's no experiment this is our halves pairing till at least next year, most likely till 2017.

theyll start hitting their stride next year with experience and some off season work to beef em up.

youll see glimpses now, more and more towards the end of the year.

inconsistency is EXACTLY what immaturity and inexperience means. making decisions at the right time someitmes, and not at others.

Members online

Back