Super League Mark II

Please post it all Hap

The Crux is clubs are frustrated that since Magic Round this year they have asked for some transparency of the books because the current NRL financial deal with clubs ends next season & in order to renew/agree on the new terms they want confidence the deal works for them.

Basically the clubs want additional cash ($5M) from the NRL on top of the NRL paying the salary cap amount to clubs, but want to see the books 1st before they settle on that amount.

I think the heading is very miss leading.

I'm not sure if this has any legs but I think the NRL has been mismanaged in that the contract for AFL is worth a lot more than the league contract. I think Vlandys choose to do a deal during COVID and they did a bad deal.

There is less money in the big pot and therefore players get paid less.

Super League was a shrewd power grab by News Corp/Murdoch to influence the ARL and control their own media interests.

Now that Lachlan has been given the keys to the castle, I guarantee they'll try again.

Super League was a shrewd power grab by News Corp/Murdoch to influence the ARL and control their own media interests.

Now that Lachlan has been given the keys to the castle, I guarantee they'll try again.
imo super league was a power play for pay tv.next power play will be in 4/5 yrs time over data $$$,not necessarily splitting the league again

Back