Stuart asks players to stand down

LARDS

Sticky has asked all his SOO players to stand down from their club games in Rnd 15.
Tigers play the Bulldogs that round.
If it happens Farah will miss his chance to show up the grub.

@LARDS said:
Sticky has asked all his SOO players to stand down from their club games in Rnd 15.

they wont select farah anyway

@alien said:
@LARDS said:

they wont select farah anyway

Yeh, you're right but it will give us something to whinge about.

was he asking all the players or just Manly and Saints players who are playing on the monday night?

@GNR4LIFE said:
was he asking all the players or just Manly and Saints players who are playing on the monday night?

"All players" is what he said.
But I can't see him getting his wish.

After what happened the weekend he picked the side for game 2 I don't blame him. How many guys did he lose that week? 2? 3? 4?

no way will that happen.So whats the story he win's 1 Origin game and all of a sudden he thinks he's Gus and makes all these demands? take your hand off it Ricky

Players have a "good faith" clause in their contracts. Would standing themselves down be a breach?

I don't think it is a bad idea, but if I were a channel 9 or fox sports executive, I would want compensation if the best players stand themselves down. I pay good money ($4m per club) to televise the best product possible and if it is not provided, I want some of my money back.

Ricky's being a tool as usual,

i can't see Bennett giving a toss what Ricky thinks.

Why would any club tolerate losing players for possibly two season games in a row for a game which is essentially of no consequence. Origin doesn't pay these guys yearly salary. The club, their corporate partners and the fans that outlay their hard earned do

I agree with Cultured Bogan, DILIGAF, we wont have any players backing up anyway, not that i agree with that, but considering our injury crisis this year i dont really care.

He only asked the Saints and Manly players who are playing on Monday. He will pick the side on the Sunday.

@Marshall_magic said:
He only asked the Saints and Manly players who are playing on Monday. He will pick the side on the Sunday.

I thought so

Back