STREAMING FINDS and RECOMENDATIONS

Fallout - Amazon Prime

Just watched the first episode.

I know nothing about the game it was based upon. It is quite simply superb!

A cross between Silo, The Boys and Last of Us meets HALO. Better than all 4 shows twice!

Anything with Walton Goggins is a winner!

I've watched the first two episodes of Fallout and I have played Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas a fair bit over the years (a couple of hundred hours for each one) . The show certainly has the look and atmosphere of the game especially episode 2 when you first see Filly as it reminded me straight away of Diamond City. I'll pass judgment on it when I've watched the rest but it does beg the question, when the hell is Fallout 5 coming out?

Fallout - Amazon Prime

A cross between Silo, The Boys and Last of Us meets HALO. Better than all 4 shows twice!

Just downloaded it, will have time to watch it next week. I played the OG game and all its spawns, will report back on how legit it is to the game.

Baby Reindeer on Netflix. You might like it @Lauren as you like dark humour.
It is outstanding - and actually quite poignant in that it is based on a true story...

Back in the mid-2000s I had a hanger-on who I had once given a cigarette when asked - who started to turn up at the several pubs around my old workplace in Pitt Street Sydney - where I'd regularly drink with colleagues & contractors after work...

It became a daily thing for one of my mates to advise: "your girlfriend/stalker is here again"

That was despite regularly changing pubs just to avoid her...

A six-week deployment to Darwin got her off my trail - but she apparently kept turning up and trying to hang out with my work mates until someone was less polite than I had been

Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves - arguably the greatest movie I’ve ever seen.

Tito recommends.

It is outstanding - and actually quite poignant in that it is based on a true story...

Back in the mid-2000s I had a hanger-on who I had once given a cigarette when asked - who started to turn up at the several pubs around my old workplace in Pitt Street Sydney - where I'd regularly drink with colleagues & contractors after work...

It became a daily thing for one of my mates to advise: "your girlfriend/stalker is here again"

That was despite regularly changing pubs just to avoid her...

A six-week deployment to Darwin got her off my trail - but she apparently kept turning up and trying to hang out with my work mates until someone was less polite than I had been
That's scary. Just come across it last night, watched 4 eps straight. Didn't realise it was based on a true story.

That's scary. Just come across it last night, watched 4 eps straight. Didn't realise it was based on a true story.
Yep - I did the same and binged it in two sessions.

The show was written by Richard Gadd who plays himself - and is based on his actual experience.

The message that one seemingly benign act of kindness can lead to disproportionate consequences when deaing with the mentally unstable was not lost on me after my own experiences.

Having said that - my old boss who I spent many hours at rough pubs and dodgy bars right across Australia joked that I had a gift for "collecting strays" - because I spent too much time interacting with all the eccentric local barflies we'd encounter in every city and town...

Most times lonely people just want to chat though!

Fallout - Amazon Prime

Finished it. Great series. Loyal to game and great story.

Also watched baby reindeer. wtf lol.

Latest posts

Back