LIVE GAME SOO l 2022 *Spoilers

Live Game Discussion
Origin is just rigged. After Yeo's severe concussion, the bloke looked pretty concussed, stumbling, losing balance etc, the ref and bunker blatantly kept play going, didn't once bother to stop the play. In a normal club game circumstance, the ref will pause the play after 5mins. Agree?

Just so frustrating justifying the rules every time.

Im not a fan of coaches being interviewed during the run of play. Cheapens it imo. I know they talk to players during 20/20 games, but that format is junk. Origin is one of the biggest games of the year, and there are the coaches having a chin wag in the middle of the half. A minor issue I’ll admit, but a pet peeve nonetheless.

Kenty just said 30% less viewership for this game then the previous year.

The people are losing interest.
They will bounce back. Word of mouth about last nights game has been positive. All morning news shows this morning were pretty much raving about the contest.
These two teams are chock full of talent with many years ahead of them. That game last night was the best I’ve seen in a couple of years…And that’s without Turbo and Trell. One would suspect the SOO product will only grow stronger, given the quality of those who have debuted over the past couple of years.

They will bounce back. Word of mouth about last nights game has been positive. All morning news shows this morning were pretty much raving about the contest.
These two teams are chock full of talent with many years ahead of them. That game last night was the best I’ve seen in a couple of years…And that’s without Turbo and Trell. One would suspect the SOO product will only grow stronger, given the quality of those who have debuted over the past couple of years.
Last year's best were Latrell, Turbo, JAC and Teddy.

Fitler Is a fool imo but happy for Billy to get the win.

Less confident for game two but let's see.
Go Queensland!

I was confident last night, and picked us by 4.
Our side was picked on form. Those Cowboys and Broncos debutants were all excellent. Carrigan and Cotter aren’t big men, but by the Jesus they grow a couple of feet when they run onto a football field.
Our spine players all had a go, which is rare…usually one or 2 of them are carrying injuries or poor form into the games.
QLD are on this year and if they can keep relatively injury free, they’ll push NSW to the final minutes again.

I was confident last night, and picked us by 4.
Our side was picked on form. Those Cowboys and Broncos debutants were all excellent. Carrigan and Cotter aren’t big men, but by the Jesus they grow a couple of feet when they run onto a football field.
Our spine players all had a go, which is rare…usually one or 2 of them are carrying injuries or poor form into the games.
QLD are on this year and if they can keep relatively injury free, they’ll push NSW to the final minutes again.
Cotter and Carrigan were unreal.
Would've been huge for them.

They looked legit origin calibre players on debut.

In my opinion the Morons wrapped up their win when NSW scored first. For the 80,000 people at Accor the highlight was seeing who could get their paper plane closest to landing on the field. Apparently there was a game of football going on somewhere too. Rugby League was the winner once again, thank you Mr Annusley.

James Tedesco is set to finally go down a size in shorts so that his ass doesn’t fall out

Channel 9 commentary still sucks.

Channel 9 commentary was atrocious.
The caller was ineffective and terrible, other callers added zero value, missed action due to adds, Gus looked like a dead corps uninterested & when they kept going to the coaches box it added zero value and took away from the game.

Never seen a spotlight game treated so poorly.

Just watched the SOO game replay as an unashamably NSW supporter.
1- Bull cr*p to Brad Fittler saying the QLD held us down, Probs his experience as a Rorter lover when every call you have paid for doesnt go your way there is an uproar.
2- Why is it when Paulo is held in the scrum , the Video ref is blind however when one of NSW players(allegedly) touches the ball (even though the QLD have no reveiws left because of an earlier Cherry evans toss off ) the Bunker rules in their favour after the Ref has made a decision?
3-When are we (NSW supporters) going to acknowledge that Cleary is a pretender that can only play when forwards dominate? My 90 YO Father could do that. He is , & never will be Andrew Johns a*s crack hair.
Every one is fooled by the commentary.. he is the emperor with no clothes.
Game on the line last night , never saw him ,but noted he did 5 Ineffective kicks that gave a QLD amateur side great field position. As much as dislike Moses for his disloyalty to the Tigs, at least he plays what is in front of him & has another dimension to change the momentum of of the game if his forwards dont dominate.
Cleary is Mitchell Pearce Mark 2............ A freacking loser that keeps his spot while other players are made the scapegoat. Time to stop pi..ing in his pocket just because Gus Gould says so.

Last edited:
Wonder if Luai and co will be pumping out Biggy on his boom box ahead of G2?

I’m pretty impartial when it comes to origin because there’s never any 🐯 in these games but I liked the way Slater got his team ready, no fuss no muss.

Maybe we could look to get Billy in as our head coach? Not a fan of Freddy as coach tbh

Back