Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@ said:
@ said:
I would wait if I were WT. Lawrence and Lattimore are average at best and could fill a bench role. That said I'd try hard for Vete or wait until clubs have to release players. The third prop in the rotation could play 50 minutes so you need quality off the bench. Eisenhuth if he continues maybe a better and cheaper option very hard worker with a big motor.

Vete has had an offer there since April. Not sure if it still exists now though. But offer was made to him

Really? didnt know that. Hes raw. But at least he goes hard… Would compliment a toiler like twal.

Keep the money and wait for roster adjustments when the cap is settled. Average players approaching retirement are not in high demand.
Hopefully we are not offering much more than minimum contracts or long term deals to these sorts of players. It will bite us in terms of recruitment over the next couple of years.
We already have McQueen and Packer tied up long term and both have been average over the last couple of months

@ said:
Keep the money and wait for roster adjustments when the cap is settled. Average players approaching retirement are not in high demand.
Hopefully we are not offering much more than minimum contracts or long term deals to these sorts of players. It will bite us in terms of recruitment over the next couple of years.
We already have McQueen and Packer tied up long term and both have been average over the last couple of months

If the cap is 9million for example teams still have to spend 8.2 million of that cap to be compliant so u can't just not spend money unfortunalty

@ said:
I still dont get why ET cant play on the edge. Great defender, good ball player, can run lines. Hes played most of his career there. Put him there and put eisthmuth/Aloiaoa at lock. Problem solved.

ET would lock down an edge for 80\. Add McQueen to the other edge & Marsters off the bench for impact & that's our 2nd row sorted.

@ said:
forget ET on a edge we need a big human on a edge, some one who can destroy a defense and hurt in defense. still believe greg bird is what we need, runs hard hits harder and is a top class grub.

Sounds like you contradicted yourself there… Bird is not a 'big human', he is smaller than ET.

@ said:
@ said:

If the cap is 9million for example teams still have to spend 8.2 million of that cap to be compliant so u can't just not spend money unfortunalty

What the hell are the knights doing.

@ said:
forget ET on a edge we need a big human on a edge, some one who can destroy a defense and hurt in defense. still believe greg bird is what we need, runs hard hits harder and is a top class grub.

He's a top class grub we don't need.

Plus the off field incidents he pulled.

Plus he has extended contract in the ESL - thank God.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

What the hell are the knights doing.

waiting to pick up the scraps it seems.

I trust in what Ivan is doing as we have never had depth in the squad.. These young guys will push through if they have the talent, we won't have Grants & Lovetts anywhere near FG

@ said:
@ said:

So if a big name becomes available, we would need to release players to fit them under the cap?

Not nessecarily you can still have money in reserve but what you do is when you get to the end of the year you just pay players forward for future years so you still spend the required amount of cap. For example if we had 600k left and he agreed we could pay Brooks 600k up front and then take 200k off future years costs

After watching young Matt Eisenhuth play on the weekend, I don't think we need to go after another prop, this kid showed enough to say he's going to be ok, next season after a full preseason with the top grade and a little more weight training he will develop nicely into a prop. What we need to do now is concentrate on finding a impact 2nd rower .. ?? maybe Idris of the bench in at 2nd row ?? but i'd still like to see a hard running, big hitting tackling machine.

@ said:
So we have gone from youth with potential to Dads army.

Tbh we should be looking at both avenues - young guys with potential like Twal, as well as developing the likes of Felise, and looking outside the club for experience.
Keep in mind that we'll have to buy most of a new ISP squad for next season as well.

@ said:
@ said:

Tbh we should be looking at both avenues - young guys with potential like Twal, as well as developing the likes of Felise, and looking outside the club for experience.
Keep in mind that we'll have to buy most of a new ISP squad for next season as well.

I think our responsibility is 36 players (30 +6 development players) to fit under the cap.
Of course some will filter to remodelled ISP Western Suburbs Magpies team who (I suppose) will have responsibility for remaining player requirements including under 20s.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I think our responsibility is 36 players (30 +6 development players) to fit under the cap.
Of course some will filter to remodelled ISP Western Suburbs Magpies team who (I suppose) will have responsibility for remaining player requirements including under 20s.

Weren't we advised the NYC team remains a Weststigers team?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yep.

I know about the 30 man squad, but a lot of said squad will be playing ISP most weeks. We need depth signings as well as quality FG players.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yes ….. but under the ISP team area of responsibility.

Facebook - the forgotten nrl man rumours post

–--

Thought I'd be nice and post it a bit early.

The 5 players Tigers have offered contracts are:

Brenton Lawrence
Curtis Rona
Alex Glenn
Jeremy Latimore
Albert Vete

Exciting for you Tigers fans, can confirm this isn't a rumour and are all offical offers that have been put through.

Regarding players resigning with the club, I can confirm that Matt McIlwrick has resigned with the club or is really close in doing so

2018 looking very bright for the Wests Tigers!!!!

@ said:
Latimore is a consistent 10m per carry average prop, great defender as well (97% tackle efficiency) his work load has dropped off since 2015 though that's more to do with sharks than him personally. If/when he signs it will be a good depth signing for the roster.

Yes, this is what you need up front. The most positive words I ever heard, "made 10 metres per carry". We need 4 props who do this. That's all.

@ said:
Facebook - the forgotten nrl man rumours post

–--

Thought I'd be nice and post it a bit early.

The 5 players Tigers have offered contracts are:

Brenton Lawrence
Curtis Rona
Alex Glenn
Jeremy Latimore
Albert Vete

Exciting for you Tigers fans, can confirm this isn't a rumour and are all offical offers that have been put through.

Regarding players resigning with the club, I can confirm that Matt McIlwrick has resigned with the club or is really close in doing so

2018 looking very bright for the Wests Tigers!!!!

How close is Curtis Rona?

Latest posts

Back