Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Who would be disappointed with this team next year?
1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
Me. It's not good enough to compete for the top 4 and most probably the top 8.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
Decent, but doesn’t grab me as a team that would get us out of the bottom 4.
Api, Olam and Klemner are all ageing, none of them showing signs of getting any better.
Still a noticeable lack of speed in our 1-7 and back row.
Mooney is certainly a promising young prop and would be a very good signing, unfortunately I think he would be on the radar of a lot of clubs much more successful than what we are, so would be yet another player to add to the growing list where we would have to pay massive overs to vacant chance of signing him.
Luai and Galvin are too similar in my opinion. Both are very busy players, but neither have the individual brilliance to slice open the opposing defence on a regular basis. It could work if we had a lot of brilliant tackle busting, line breaking players around them, but we don’t.

Decent, but doesn’t grab me as a team that would get us out of the bottom 4.
Api, Olam and Klemner are all ageing, none of them showing signs of getting any better.
Still a noticeable lack of speed in our 1-7 and back row.
Mooney is certainly a promising young prop and would be a very good signing, unfortunately I think he would be on the radar of a lot of clubs much more successful than what we are, so would be yet another player to add to the growing list where we would have to pay massive overs to vacant chance of signing him.
Currently teams interested in Mooney are Raiders (they have Smithies so he wants to leave) Dogs and us

The shite Naden dished up today would lose any game for any team or coach. Unfortunately that is what Benji is stuck with. No other team would give Naden a gig. Cattle make or break coaches.
True but Benji was part of the team that extended the likes of Naden and Staines

Currently teams interested in Mooney are Raiders (they have Smithies so he wants to leave) Dogs and us
I’d be surprised if clubs such as the Panthers, Sea Eagles Eels, Dolphins, Titans, Dragons all don’t enter the race to sign him.
A big, tall, strong, athletic young prop who runs the ball strongly these type of players don’t grow on trees.
I’ve seen a few highlights of an even younger player named Damon Marshall currently with the Bulldogs.
He’s a Queenslander who’s currently in his second season with the Bulldogs and now playing Jersey Flegg.
He’s a young aggressive beast who also has good athleticism and carries the ball strongly.
I’ve heard the Bulldogs are desperate to keep him and believe he will become an NRL player in 2025, but are baulking at his asking price.
I have no idea what his asking price is, but we need someone who will develop into a top class prop and we can’t just rely on the young ones we currently have, so signing someone such as Trey Mooney or possibly Damon Marshall is crucial.

I’d be surprised if clubs such as the Panthers, Sea Eagles Eels, Dolphins, Titans, Dragons all don’t enter the race to sign him.
A big, tall, strong, athletic young prop who runs the ball strongly these type of players don’t grow on trees.
I’ve seen a few highlights of an even younger player named Damon Marshall currently with the Bulldogs.
He’s a Queenslander who’s currently in his second season with the Bulldogs and now playing Jersey Flegg.
He’s a young aggressive beast who also has good athleticism and carries the ball strongly.
I’ve heard the Bulldogs are desperate to keep him and believe he will become an NRL player in 2025, but are baulking at his asking price.
I have no idea what his asking price is, but we need someone who will develop into a top class prop and we can’t just rely on the young ones we currently have, so signing someone such as Trey Mooney or possibly Damon Marshall is crucial.
Other teams may well be in for Mooney but the only reported interest is us and dogs

Well Richo has said no more signings for 25. Luai can’t come quick enough but not sure it’s enough playing behind this pack. I hope I am wrong but maybe our juniors arent as good as they were saying.
This pack will do well and J Luai will help with our Decision making and Energy.

There are green shoots

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
I’d be pretty underwhelmed.

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
No thanks do douhie and stains for mine, the rest is pretty obvious unfortunately

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Doueihi
4. Olam
5. Turuva
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. S Fainu
12. Bateman
13. Papali’i
14. L Fainu
15. Mooney
16. Twal
17. Pole
you think Douhi is gunna push Tito to the wing?
Jousting sticks.

Stefano got on a plane yesterday morning and joined the boys and had a pretty good game all things considered and if we don’t resign him we will not find anyone better
Might find player to do same job for far less outlay. Every Newcastle forward showed same or better effort than Steph but none of them get anywhere near the money Steph gets.

Back