Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Chammas reporting Tupouniua is on 650K at Roosters and he barely gets game time (partly due to injury). Looks like a few clubs are interested in his signature. I think he's a bit underrated tbh and if he gets some consistency he could become a pretty good player
When he is leaving he frees up $650k in the Roorters cap, in the actual cap when he is playing for them he is only on $250k.

Their accountants are the best in the business.

He has hardly played for 3yrs and struggles to make 60mtrs a game. Has a very low work rate. He is exactly the type of player we should avoid & let the roosters keep him on the books instead go after one of the Butcher boys or Wong.
The Butcher boys are under valued and under rated.
They need a club such as Wests Tigers who will value them.

Hell. their broken down centre Smith goes pretty good when he is on the park... anyone??
He does, but the Roosters are light on centres, they won’t be letting him go.
The theory we are going with is they might want to grant an early release to a couple of second rowers now they have spent big on David Fifita.
Likewise with a few of us mentioning AKP from the Titans. He’s contracted with them until the end of next season, but it seems pretty clear he’s not a favourite of Des and therefore they might not stand in his way of another club comes knocking.
And likewise with the Sharks having too many props, meaning it’s a strong possibility they will release at least one of them early.

He won’t be losing, he’ll get a beach front apartment with no rent and a free luxury car.
Then if he wins them a premiership he’ll probably get an apartment thrown in.
Thats the thing... great accountant/ book keeper. So we have to keep Stef at 900 K but he can sign with Roosters for say 750, and be much better off than the 900K

Reactions: 851
But we’re ever hopeful that he’ll show some improvement and justify his $.
🤞🤞🤞
He’s not going to. He hasn’t sat in reserve grade for weeks thinking “if only I get one more chance, then I’ll really show em”. No, he’s just not good enough. You can’t will performances out of players who don’t have the ability

He does, but the Roosters are light on centres, they won’t be letting him go.
The theory we are going with is they might want to grant an early release to a couple of second rowers now they have spent big on David Fifita.
Likewise with a few of us mentioning AKP from the Titans. He’s contracted with them until the end of next season, but it seems pretty clear he’s not a favourite of Des and therefore they might not stand in his way of another club comes knocking.
And likewise with the Sharks having too many props, meaning it’s a strong possibility they will release at least one of them early.
AKP is actually contracted until 2026, but even if they decide to move him on we might not hear anything for awhile yet.

That's what I got told too, several times. Salary officially on the books is legit and within the cap. But the players don't pay rent, get cars donated, get their teeth fixed, free suits, groceries delivered without paying, shouts at the bar, free financial advice, discounts on real estate, tip-offs at the horses etc. etc. Don't even mention the Colombian nose candy.

Basically don't pay a cent in living costs and introduced to all the right people to get things done for them, so long as they still good with the club and Uncle Nick.

Broncos have had the same thing via Thoroughbreds support.
Best one I ever saw was a few years ago when playing pokies at Shark's and a guy a few pokies over was putting so much money into the machine and playing very slow took him maybe 90 minutes to put his cash into the machine and just all of a sudden got up and walked away about 10 seconds later a first grade player sat down on the machine had a couple of hits and called over the attended and pulled the cash out 10K

Best one I ever saw was a few years ago when playing pokies at Shark's and a guy a few pokies over was putting so much money into the machine and playing very slow took him maybe 90 minutes to put his cash into the machine and just all of a sudden got up and walked away about 10 seconds later a first grade player sat down on the machine had a couple of hits and called over the attended and pulled the cash out 10K
Where were you in those 10 seconds???

Reactions: 851
Back