Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Tigers would have to offer a million minimum and if we weren’t going to use that on AFB, I highly doubt we would use it on Fifita. He has been known to go missing for the Titans and I think it is a gamble we really can’t afford to take.
Fifita imo is a better player. And available at the right price. Would instantly change our team. There the players you want. Don't get me wrong AFB is also a great player.

We absolutely need to go to the market , our first grade side lacks still and needs probably 2/3 more players after allowing the 2 panthers joining us , so five in all next season we need to add a big strong hard running hard hitting prop , A centre and a Backrower who runs hard and breaks defence ,
then we look at our reserve grade team and we need a clean out there , they were hopeless on the weekend , probably out of the 13. 6/8 need to go , I’m a bit over this we are a development club , I like the idea to bring your own along but we only have a few really good ones and most are 2/3 years off so what do we do run last for 5 years as we are heading back to last place at a very quick pace dropping spots every week , those young guys won’t hang round when your first and second grade teams are on the bottom , Roosters and co will just come along and simply say your good , we want you , do you want to play on the big stage in finals and grand finals maybe origin ,so you need to move clubs , take a bit less cash and enjoy your football and reap the rewards .

I agree i think we have to go to market and i believe we will if someone suddenly becomes available, our problem is i think we have to shift some on before we can move.
All the noise is about we are done in the market, but I would hope in the background Richo is plotting some moves with Benji and co. They can't be happy with what we have, I can see they don't want to block paths but besides Galvin and one or 2 others the rest are a couple of years away minimum.

Reactions: 851
Fifita imo is a better player. And available at the right price. Would instantly change our team. There the players you want. Don't get me wrong AFB is also a great player.
I highly doubt we would be having a meeting with him, unless one happened today that the media didn’t get wind off but still I doubt it. He’s only got until Thursday to make a decision and still like I said we pulled the offer for AFB for over a million or at least a million minimum for him I can’t remember want was reported, so I doubt we’re gonna offer Fifita the same amount of money.

Without knowing the contract situation you "swap" somebody unless that "somebody" wants to go.
Of course....
But if they're told we don't see a future for you at our club, but another club does, most players would agree to move, pending how far from home it is and salary. As a professional footballer if you're on the outer most will go wherever the market takes them

No but the fact that they are not here supports my argument more than yours.
Well that is a stupid theory, fact Romy and Turuva are not here now but they will be next year Fact, someone asked them and they agreed, unless you have a direct line to richo you no nothing that is going on behind the scenes, just like all of us that shit stopped when we punted dumb and dumber

Surely Sharks is where it’s at. They’re at the top of the comp for a reason. They have the deepest front row in the comp. Hunt, Hazelton, McInnes, Kafusi all off contract from November…
With AFB coming, i reckon one of Rudolph or Kaufusi could be possibly on the move, only 2 an start. Oregon is mates with Stef so you never know....

The sharks recruitment and retention is outstanding at all grades. There are no guarantees but they always have competitive teams in all grades, with top talents coming through the ranks and integrating them well through the grades.

We should be looking at what the Sharks and Raiders do, just as much as Penrith.

With AFB coming, i reckon one of Rudolph or Kaufusi could be possibly on the move, only 2 an start. Oregon is mates with Stef so you never know....

The sharks recruitment and retention is outstanding at all grades. There are no guarantees but they always have competitive teams in all grades, with top talents coming through the ranks and integrating them well through the grades.

We should be looking at what the Sharks and Raiders do, just as much as Penrith.
Gota lock down Stef first!

Kaufusi or Hazelton would be my picks. Hunt to a lesser degree but will still offer more impact then anyone of one of our forwards past and present.
Hazleton would be a lot cheaper than Oregon, so they may opt for him to keep the investment in props spread out more. You need the cheapies to go with the high paid stars.

Where the sharks have Hazleton in their top 30, we ahve the likes of Sione Fainu and Miller. They get value out of their top 30 roster, we give contracts to players who haven't earned it yet. Hazleton was a standout in cup for a year before he made the step up too. He earned his shot, we just give anyone who's fit a run. A big difference in development pathways

Surely Sharks is where it’s at. They’re at the top of the comp for a reason. They have the deepest front row in the comp. Hunt, Hazelton, McInnes, Kafusi all off contract from November…
They have had the easiest draw. I'd reassess in a months time. Storm, Roosters ,Penrith to come next 3weeks

Back