Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Angus Crichton on the other hand I'd happily pay good coin for
While I do agree with that it wouldn’t be smart of us to try and sign him at this stage. Not because he’s not good enough because he is, but we have Ice and Bateman on 600K plus as our starting bsckrowers, and both are contracted for us next year. Unless one of them was moving positions or was moving on after this season, I don’t see the club making an effort to sign another starting back rower. Besides it’s very unlikely he’ll leave the Roosters to play for another NRL team, better chance of him leaving for another sport then him playing for another NRL team.

I can tell you one thing Jerald Skelton would be the first winger picked in our first grade squad if he got him.

Our recruitment has been appalling for so long, it's absurd and still no sign of getting it right.

We sign 'leaders' but they're small, slow and dumb leaders. We must have fielded the smallest NSW cup side in history today. Miller and TDS the only ones worth keeping. Sack the rest

I can tell you one thing Jerald Skelton would be the first winger picked in our first grade squad if he got him.

Our recruitment has been appalling for so long, it's absurd and still no sign of getting it right.

We sign 'leaders' but they're small, slow and dumb leaders. We must have fielded the smallest NSW cup side in history today. Miller and TDS the only ones worth keeping. Sack the rest
💯 correct BB

We are in dire need of an impact second rower and prop. Fainu has been very impressive and Stefano and Pole good in patches, but we don't have any forward who is capable of breaking the line or offloading on a regular basis.

The best prospect in the lower grades, Miller, is a few years away yet. We need to recruit to improve our forward ranks or we're looking at another last place finish next year even with Luai and Turiva coming.

I know Richo said we're done for 2025 but we gotta keep making adjustments and improvements.

Worth looking at the Penrith & Bulldogs cup teams, see who's ready for a step up but have their chances blocked.

Our cup team needs drastic improving also.

We simply have to recruit. Our first grade squad is the weakest in the comp, our NSW cup side is the weakest in the comp.
We can't just say we have some good teenagers, job done, they can all just pay first grade at a good level... We already have too many kids in our top 30, and more joining next season, we need to lose some and replace them with first graders
I wonder if Broncos would entertain a Willison for Faaugutu swap? They can't afford to keep Xavier but they'd get a cheap prospect who's a local boy with a decent upside?
Maybe we can swap Feledy for Sam Stonestreet. I don't know, bit I'd certainly be looking at what clubs are open to deals

We simply have to recruit. Our first grade squad is the weakest in the comp, our NSW cup side is the weakest in the comp.
We can't just say we have some good teenagers, job done, they can all just pay first grade at a good level... We already have too many kids in our top 30, and more joining next season, we need to lose some and replace them with first graders
I wonder if Broncos would entertain a Willison for Faaugutu swap? They can't afford to keep Xavier but they'd get a cheap prospect who's a local boy with a decent upside?
Maybe we can swap Feledy for Sam Stonestreet. I don't know, bit I'd certainly be looking at what clubs are open to deals
I know what you are getting at, our young players would be a lot less value in the Salary Cap than the ones you have mentioned, but these other clubs are not silly, they don’t recruit under sized players unless they have sone exceptional qualities such as speed, stamina, power & aggression etc
Our two you have mentioned don’t have exceptional speed to overcome their lack of size and in Faagatu’s case he doesn’t appear to have much stamina either.
We’d be looking at paying 700-800k per season to be any chance of recruiting someone like Willison. Maybe he’s worth that money purely on potential with his elite size, speed and athleticism, but we won’t have that type of money to spend unless we offload a hell of a lot of deadwood first,
I personally think it’s a lost cause, but retaining Stef should be our first priority and then adding a big powerful impact forward such as Willison or someone similar would be ideal.
As for wingers Stonestreet would be a fantastic addition if we could somehow get him as would Jeral Skelton and possibly a sneaky play at Khan-Pereira while he’s not getting in the Titans NRL side.
We just have to hope Luai works for us in the halves and we need something to assist our back row, but again we won’t be in a position tn attract anyone unless we offload some deadwood.

Last edited:
I know what you are getting at, our young players would be a lot less value in the Salary Cap than the ones you have mentioned, but these other clubs are not silly, they don’t recruit under sized players unless they have sone exceptional qualities such as speed, stamina, power & aggression etc
Our two you have mentioned don’t have exceptional speed to overcome their lack of size and in Faagatu’s case he doesn’t appear to have much stamina either.
We’d be looking at paying 700-800k per season to be any chance of recruiting someone like Willison. Maybe he’s worth that money purely on potential with his elite size, speed and athleticism, but we won’t have that type of money to spend unless we offload a hell of a lot of deadwood first,
I personally think it’s a lost cause, but retaining Stef should be our first priority and then adding a big powerful impact forward such as Willison or someone similar would be ideal.
As for wingers Stonestreet would be a fantastic addition if we could somehow get him as would Jeral Skelton and possibly a sneaky play at Khan-Pereira while he’s not getting in the Titans NRL side.
We just have to hope Luai works for us in the halves and we need something to assist our back row, but again we won’t be in a position tn attract anyone unless we offload some deadwood.
Do you think Penrith could be interested in Twal and Seyfarth if we package them? We have form, Garner is doing a great job off the bench for Panthers.
We seem to be signing every player who scores 2 tries against us and it’s not working?

1 Sunia Turuva
2 Alofia Khan Perera
3 Jahream Bula
4 Justin Olam
5 Charlie Staines
6 Lachlan Galvin
7 Jarome Luai
8 Alex Twal
9 Api Korosau (C)
10 Stefano Utoikamanu
11 Jayden Sua
12 Sitili Touponua
13 Trey Mooney

14 Samuela Fainu
15 Fonua Pole
16 Alec Tuitavake
17 Xavier Willison

That's it for me.
Obviously we take a few hits and lose a few players to get the job done.
It's just business.

Last edited:
The shopping list:
Xavier Willison
Alofia Khan-Perera
Nic Cotric
Jayden Sua
Alec Tuitavake
Trey Mooney
Sitili Touponua
Jeral Skelton
Sam Stone
one of the warriors outside backs, ideally - Ali Leiataua or Rocco Berry

Time to re open the cheque book Richo.
Sam Stone.... 😂😂😂

Your reasoning to have a Lakes bloke at the club knows no bounds....

I agree with you on getting Jeral Skelton. He was a absolute beast yesterday but to also find out he's averaging 200m per game is pretty impressive and Khan-Pereira would be an amazing buy as he's shown he can play FG. In regards to Faagutu I think the stamina issue is due to lack of game time in Cup considering he only played his 2nd cup game this year which I think will only get better if he stays in cup which he should considering he's one of our juniors being promoted next year. I also think he had a good game getting through a decent amount of work yesterday in his stint where he made more run metres than any forward in our team that didnt touch the ball at least 10 times and he got through more defensive work than any forward on both benches apart from Hopoi from the dogs. Faagutu will only get better the more he spends time in Cup. I think the only way we get someone like Willison is to offer someone like Twal or Seyfarth to the Bronx instead of one of our juniors

Latest posts

Back