Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If we do sign Turuva it will mean we only have 1 top 30 spot left for next season, which we have to leave open until Tumeths PO deadline. Wouldn't expect to be linked to anyone else until we can move someone on.
I think we'll see a few early exits when the season ends, much like last year.

Turuva is the 1 for us...
Not Schiller, not Sivo.

Suruva has a long career ahead of him.
And I can see him really helping the Tigers.

99% of the time, it will break in the media that a signing is imminent. Very rarely do clubs make big signing announce out of the blue. Looks like it’s a done deal.

That would be a pretty stupid policy if true. So both the club and player have to suffer because of one tiny leak? Bit of an overreaction if true.
He said it. He didn’t have to say it.

If it’s a done deal then it leaking at this point doesn’t matter, but if it’s not, well that’s another story.

If we do sign Turuva it will mean we only have 1 top 30 spot left for next season, which we have to leave open until Tumeths PO deadline. Wouldn't expect to be linked to anyone else until we can move someone on.

Don’t think that is right. I think it would be 25 signed players?

OFF CONTRACT 2024
Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Solomona Faataape, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

All off contract as well, I think only one we will hold onto is Fainu

If Turuva is guaranteed centre that is interesting because the only other position I imagine Doueihi might play is lock or wing

Reactions: 851
He said it. He didn’t have to say it.

If it’s a done deal then it leaking at this point doesn’t matter, but if it’s not, well that’s another story.
To be fair I think that was in the case that it leaked from his camp. If it was someone at Penrith leaking it again like the Luai one then there is nothing to worry about anyway.

Don’t think that is right. I think it would be 25 signed players?

OFF CONTRACT 2024
Solomon Alaimalo, Adam Doueihi, Solomona Faataape, Sione Fainu, Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin

All off contract as well, I think only one we will hold onto is Fainu

If Turuva is guaranteed centre that is interesting because the only other position I imagine Doueihi might play is lock or wing
2025 Roster

Starting:
1. Bula
2. Naden
3. Turuva ??
4. Olam
5. Staines
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu ??
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

Bench:
14. Latu
15. Twal
16. Seyfarth
17. Samuela

Reserves:
18. Sullivan - Half
19. Toa - Wing / Centre
20. Da Silva - Hooker

Depth:
22. L.Lualilii - Wing
23. Feledy - Centre
24. Saukuru - Centre
26. Miller - Prop
27. Tony Sukkar - Second Row
28. Matamua - Lock
29. Faagutu - Lock
30. K. Laulilii - Lock

Edit: Players who have received top 30 contracts for 2025: Jarome Luai, Solo Saukuru, Luke Laulilii, Kit Laulilii, Tony Sukkar, Chris Faagutu.

Also accidentally had Galvin twice and Naden twice instead of Naden / Toa so there is actually 2 spots left.

Last edited:
2025 Roster

Starting:
1. Bula
2. Naden
3. Turuva ??
4. Olam
5. Staines
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Utoikamanu ??
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Pole

Bench:
14. Latu
15. Twal
16. Seyfarth
17. Samuela

Reserves:
18. Sullivan - Half
19. Toa - Wing / Centre
20. Da Silva - Hooker

Depth:
22. L.Lualilii - Wing
23. Feledy - Centre
24. Saukuru - Centre
26. Miller - Prop
27. Tony Sukkar - Second Row
28. Matamua - Lock
29. Faagutu - Lock
30. K. Laulilii - Lock

Edit: Players who have received top 30 contracts for 2025: Jarome Luai, Solo Saukuru, Luke Laulilii, Kit Laulilii, Tony Sukkar, Chris Faagutu.

Also accidentally had Galvin twice and Naden twice instead of Naden / Toa so there is actually 2 spots left.
Got this wrong, 2 top 30 spots instead of 1. So I can actually see us making that play for Cotric this year without any issue other than moving someone out of our 24 top 30.

Just my thoughts but I actually think that this is from Turuva manager aimed at dragons to up the ante
Richo made the comments of pulling out the offer if it plays out in the media the other week for this exact reason. If it's for leverage from another team we will just pull the offer so they can no longer use it as leverage.

Cotric is not at that level anymore. He’s in the same class as those two.
You don't just completely lose all ability in your early twenties. There's a multitude of reasons that he hasn't been able to reach that level again and a fresh start could be what he need. If it's short term too then there is no harm, as you said you think he is on their level anyway so we aren't going backwards and their isn't much else available anway.

Perhaps it could have been much worse for the Sharks because Trindall was coming from an after match party at a team mate's house. I won't name the team mate but how deep do you think Cronulla will dig?

Perhaps it could have been much worse for the Sharks because Trindall was coming from an after match party at a team mate's house. I won't name the team mate but how deep do you think Cronulla will dig?
Reportedly he actually wasn't coming straight from Rudolf's house. He went out again with some mates from outside of footy after the party because Rudolf shut it down before midnight.

Back