Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Speed is mostly overrated. We have the Forbes Ferrari.

Not one time have I thought how lucky we are we have his speed.

Olam, Tupou...both these guys offer more attacking strength & neither are noted 'fast guys'. They are nearly all fast enough.

Only when a player is noticeably slow, and there are really so few guys in reality at that level, is there an issue with speed.

Tigers are not beaten because of 'speed'.
I think our biggest issue is ‘line speed’ in attack and defence. Individual players have ‘enough’ pace, but as a team it’s all to slow

Jesus, are we really having this conversation?
Xavier Willson
Dylan Lucas
Liam Henry
Josh Curran
Bunty Afoa
Ryan Matterson
Warriors tried to sign Seyfarth to replace bunty, Curran is starting and even then with all the bench forwards in the nrl Seyfarth is around the top 10

Warriors tried to sign Seyfarth to replace bunty, Curran is starting and even then with all the bench forwards in the nrl Seyfarth is around the top 10
Curran is staring cos the Dogs are decimated through injury.

Curran is staring cos the Dogs are decimated through injury.
Curran’s best position is on an edge, but he can’t get that spot when the Bulldogs are full strength as Kikau and Preston are both better.
Curran is far superior to our starting edge forwards in Bateman and Papali’i.

Turuva go in for him if we are gonna sign someone rather then banking on juniors I’d rather it be a gun then someone who is average
Turuva plays well, but ably assisted by edges who constantly run hard and trouble the opposition and a fullback who can bust tackles and create opportunities because of it.

Schiller is not top quality I’m all for signing a top quality centre but someone like Schiller is not worth it
More talking lomax, but Schiller speed would be very helpful and is a lot faster than the other two u mentioned. Would be nowhere near the same costs as a Slomax!

Josh Curran, Liam Henry yeah, nah!
We’re really talking about Alex Seyfarth? I just need conformation, because I’m starting to feel like I’m having delusions. The guy who some dubbed as “Seyfart” not even a month ago. Being talked up as one of the best benchies in the game? Gotta be a wind up.

It’s a long way from the cellar to the top bar. The 17 we have now will probably make up 40% of our team that finally makes the top four, but they will help getting us heading in the right direction.

Today for most of the game we were in the hunt with the team that has dominated the comp for a few years. We lack speed, quality and skill but that will come with experience, development and good recruitment and I am confident that Richo and Benji can get us there..but it may take four to five years

Why specifically are you mentioning Blore in all of your posts? Bloke was incredibly average for us, played 33 games in 4 years and is really not doing much better at Storm than he was here. He might be in a different system but he ain’t the reason Storm are doing well. All he did yesterday was pick up a loose ball to pass it to Munster, who kicked it to Coates and just barged on through to seal it for Melbourne. If anything Munster was more of the reason for it than Blore was but Coates sealed it for Storm and Blore is just Blore 😂😂 Olam might be older but I don’t regret that trade one bit and I think most on here do as well.
Didn’t he make 30 tackles and missed 0, Do you want to tell me how many Ice and Bateman missed today.

Not sure if Olam had the best game today either. Was a hard watch.

And I’m allowed to miss an ex player - seems like all my favourites go down to Melbourne :(

It’s a long way from the cellar to the top bar. The 17 we have now will probably make up 40% of our team that finally makes the top four, but they will help getting us heading in the right direction.

Today for most of the game we were in the hunt with the team that has dominated the comp for a few years. We lack speed, quality and skill but that will come with experience, development and good recruitment and I am confident that Richo and Benji can get us there..but it may take four to five years

I reckon 6-17 is fine

1-5 is the problem

Bula and Olam are alright, Naden is decent

Rest are trash

We’re really talking about Alex Seyfarth? I just need conformation, because I’m starting to feel like I’m having delusions. The guy who some dubbed as “Seyfart” not even a month ago. Being talked up as one of the best benchies in the game? Gotta be a wind up.
Our bench should be the least of your worries if you want to follow a winning team.
Bula is the worst fullback in the NRL and Bateman is the worst back rower in the NRL.
We are spending 1.5 million dollars per season on the two of them, think about that.

Members online

Back