Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If we were running under the previous administration I would be concerned. But we aren't.

Benji is clearly showing that as a coach he is about the individual and how to get the best out of them in a team environment. Richo is also a very experienced club manager. Richo has also made it very clear that there will be no leaks from the club. So I'm not sure what we are expecting to hear on the grapevine.

There is so much Chicken Little paranoia on this forum based on media clickbait and unsubstantiated rumour. It has me shaking my head.

Just think about it for a minute - Does the club rate Stef? Do we know his contract is about to finish? Do we rate Large? Is his contract in jeopardy? Has the club stated that we know we are in need of a couple of outside backs and a game breaking forwad? Yes to all of the above - so why do we think the sky is falling simply because some clown on X or from Fox needs their ego stroked.

I recommend we just a Bex, a little lie down and focus on what is known.

Stef has openly stated he wants to be part of turning us around and has leaderhip aspirations.
Galvin wants to be part of a WT dynasty.
We have three Fianu brothers; two of who are developing nicely and the third has potential.
Salad is providing some structure.
Big Red is showing significant of improvement.
Large has a contract, is injured and time is on our side.
A bit to be optimistic about in the roster stakes.

When it comes to winning premierships; Benji has simplified the game plan to be direct, with a focus on standards of execution. I doubt this is how we will be playing in 2026 - but it is probably exactly what we need now. For the most part it has been successful - but we have got to expect some blowback when we are changing so much and have such a young side.

We had a shit game last week - but the world hasn't ended and there is plenty of potential. We are having small wins and the odd setback; but it is pretty clear to me that we are a club on the up. Changing WT is just as big a task as eating an elephant. It looks overwhelming but can only be achieved by taking one bite at a time. We won't change tomorrow and we will have some poor performances ahead but there are signs that we are improving.

The reports from those that attended the open training session and have had interactions with our players are positive. We should criticise when we underperform or cock it up. However, I think for the first time in what feels like forever we have the right leadership in place to develop a successful system and, in time, a competitive NRL team. I don't for one second think that our current management aren't talking with Stef, Onitoni and outside back options for 2025.

We know we need Stef, we know we want to keep Large, we know we need at least three additional stike players for 25 - probably two outside backs and a 13. There are no leaks form the club at present so I expect that the plan will become clearer to us plebs when Benji and Richo finalise the deals - probably not much before.

Oh and Bud - he is still young. Needs to be playing ressies at the moment and have some one on one guidance from our coaching staff to develop his game. Way too early to write him off - but at the moment FG is not where he needs to be. Should we be trying to trade him now; are you for real. We need the depth and the pressure for Salad and Galvin to perform. Latu and Bud offer that.

Last edited:
Stefano came here for an opportunity, he got that and he is now starting to become a top line prop..his best years are ahead of him…naturally, he is being noticed by the top line clubs…stefano has a decision to make end of this year, (we won’t make the 8, nor will he be picked for SOO) so he can sign on elsewhere for next year…his choices stay with a battler club ( we saw how Brooks‘s career panned out) or play for a top line club, get paid well and play finals footy….you can’t blame him for leaving…and I reckon he is odds on to go

He will be picked in Origin

If we were running under the previous administration I would be concerned. But we aren't.

Benji is clearly showing that as a coach he is about the individual and how to get the best out of them in a team environment. Richo is also a very experienced club manager. Richo has also made it very clear that there will be no leaks from the club. So I'm not sure what we are expecting to hear on the grapevine.

There is so much Chicken Little paranoia on this forum based on media clickbait and unsubstantiated rumour. It has me shaking my head.

Just think about it for a minute - Does the club rate Stef? Do we know his contact is about to finish? Do we rate Large? Is his contract in jeopardy? Has the club stated that we know we are in need of a couple of outside backs and a game breaking forwad? Yes to all of the above - so why do we think the sky is falling simply because some clown on X or from Fox needs their ego stroked.

Stef has openly stated he wants to be part of turning us around and has leaderhip aspirations.
We have three Fianu brothers; two of who are developing nicely and the third has potential.
A bit to be optomistic about in the roster stakes.

When it comes to winning premierships; Benji has simplified the game plan to be direct, with a focus on standards of execution. I doubt this is how we will be playing in 2026 - but it is probably exactly what we need now. For the most part it has been successful - but we have got to expect some blowback when we are changing so much and have such a young side.

We had a shit game last week - but the world hasn't ended and there is plenty of potential. We are having small wins and the odd setback; but it is pretty clear to me that we are a club on the up. Changing WT is just as big a task as eating an elephant. It looks overwhelming but can only be achieved by taking one bite at a time. We won't change tomorrow and we will have some poor performances ahead but there are signs that we are improving.

The reports from those that attended the open training session and have had interactions with our players are positive. We should criticise when we underperform or cock it up. However, I think for the first time in what feels like forever we have the right leadership in place to develop a successful system and, in time, a competitive NRL team. I don't for one second think that our current management aren't talking with Stef, Onitoni and outside back options for 2025.

We know we need Stef, we know we want to keep Large, we know we need at least three additional stike players for 25 - probably two outside backs and a 13. There are no leaks form the club at present so I expect that the plan will be come clearer to us plebs when Benji and Richo finalise the deals - probably not much before.

Oh and Bud - he is still young. Needs to be playing ressies at the moment and have some one on one guidance from our coaching staff to develop his game. Way too early to write him off - but at the moment FG is not where he needs to be. Should we be trying to trade him now; are you for real. We need the depth and the pressure for Salad and Galvin to perform. Latu and Bud offer that.

Im not sure who needs a Bex and a lay down …

As I said … just get it sorted out now in the WT favour so it doesnt need to become a distraction

Exactly - what makes you think it isn't happening?

It is happening … and he is likely getting picked for Origin too … but Penrith have talked with him/ his agent already apparently ..and we don’t want another 15 teams doing the same when he is trying to win football games for the Tigers

Reactions: BZN

Just think about it for a minute - Does the club rate Stef? Do we know his contact is about to finish? Do we rate Large? Is his contract in jeopardy? Has the club stated that we know we are in need of a couple of outside backs and a game breaking forwad? Yes to all of the above - so why do we think the sky is falling simply because some clown on X or from Fox needs their ego stroked.

A bit to be optomistic about in the roster stakes.

We know we need Stef, we know we want to keep Large, we know we need at least three additional stike players for 25 - probably two outside backs and a 13. There are no leaks form the club at present so I expect that the plan will be come clearer to us plebs when Benji and Richo finalise the deals - probably not much before.

Great post.

Sounds like Richo has been resting on his shovel. Not attempting to sign shiller after he cut our state cup team ti pieces earlier this season. Don’t need a recruitment guy hey???

Reactions: BZN
Sounds like Richo has been resting on his shovel. Not attempting to sign shiller after he cut our state cup team ti pieces earlier this season. Don’t need a recruitment guy hey???

Well.. he says we aren’t a ”recruitment“ club

We are either going to have to pay Stef too much or more likely watch him play somewhere else. Depends on what he values most

We are either going to have to pay Stef too much or more likely watch him play somewhere else. Depends on what he values most
They saw how happy $1.1m made Brooks….hes on a lot less and much happier st Manly…it would be naive of us to think .this is not lost on the WT players weighing up their future

South's want Richo
Penrith want Stefano

.... hopefully we handle business well in these situations.
Pappas doesn't want Richo...

Russell might - but he is too busy posing and speaking faux Italian in the worst bastardised accent ever!

Pappas will have to go as Chairman if they bring back Richo!

Reactions: TSP
Back