Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's all perception though isn't it.
The bloke in a bar podcast fat guy reckons our list is a finals certainty.
The question still remains though.

The sharks is only one example.

In another article it’s mentioned that CHN whom predominantly was used off the bench is paid $700,000 a season?
What the.

Kit Laulili’I and Chris Fa'agatu come to mind. No way will they grow another 12cm and put on 10 kg no matter how much time is spent on developing them. Same with Feledy. Just not big enough or have that X factor to compensate their lack of size. It would have obvious a couple of years ago.
The talent scouts, recruiters need to refocus on realistic athletes that can be developed and go the distance.
Laulili'i and Fa'agutu are both the quintessential small forward types with the body shape and skill to play 13. there is absolutely a place for them moving forward.

Serious question. Where does our cap money go?
I see the Sharks have managed to retain Braden Hamlin Uele for a further 2 seasons in addition to having AFB join them whilst also having players like, Rudolph, Mc Innes, Finucane, Kaufusi, Hunt, Taliki, Ramien, Hynes, Nikora on their books…
The answer is bad contracts. A flaw in the salary cap is that teams have to spend 95% of their cap every year. So even if we have below average first graders in the squad, third party contracts aside, they are being paid at a minimum 95% of what squads like the Roosters, Penrith, Cronulla are being paid.

Without causing another thread war, having a player like Brooks last year on somewhere between 1-1.3million, Noffa on 525k+, Douhei on 600k. That is 20% of the cap on 3 players that at best underperformed their contracts. For 2.1 million we could have AFB and Nico Hynes.

Hopefully Douhei can come back and do something, if not, he and Noffa will still eat up 900k of the cap this year. However, looking at the squad now, it appears that we have very few players on overs and our top end salary players ie Api, Klemmer Papali'i and Luai (2025+) are proven first grade contributors and not paid on potential, I also heard a few of the contracts have been front loaded into this year to meet the 95% requirement. I am really hopeful Richardson, and the new regime can manage the cap more effectively and finally get us back to regular contention.

Last edited:
Guru?
No he doesn’t. He has us between 11th and 15th.
I rarely watch that podcast but the one I watched a few weeks ago the fat guy was raving about our squad and Kemp was agreeing with him. It seemed strange at the time. They must've had second thoughts.

I am against Censorship...

100% though in favour of Spamorship, i.e. Blocking needless spam and waste of time posts. We see this a lot now, but the best example here would be LB and DN.

Were promoting entertaining idiots. Marilyn Manson and the South park crew have openly said they "cannot compete" with the Paris Hiltons of this world...
Sorry I have missed the South Park Marilyn Manson discussions but is there an entertainment thread for that ?

The only thing I remember about South Park is a talking poo 💩 haha

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Laulili'i and Fa'agutu are both the quintessential small forward types with the body shape and skill to play 13. there is absolutely a place for them moving forward.
Only if they get fit.
Short stumpy forwards are no good if they also lack the required fitness levels to play NRL.

Serious question. Where does our cap money go?
I see the Sharks have managed to retain Braden Hamlin Uele for a further 2 seasons in addition to having AFB join them whilst also having players like, Rudolph, Mc Innes, Finucane, Kaufusi, Hunt, Taliki, Ramien, Hynes, Nikora on their books…
1.2 Mill on Luai, 850k on Klemmer, 750k on Bateman, 700k on Api and Bula.
We got a bargain in only spending 600k on Papali’i but that will need an upgrade if we want to keep him long term.
Stefano will be wanting 750k possibly more in order for us to keep him.
500k on each of Sullivan, Latu & Samuela Fainu.
It doesn’t leave a lot left.

Last edited:
Only if they get fit.
Short stumpy forwards are no good if they also lack the required fitness levels to play NRL.
who said their fitness levels weren't up to NRL standard? have you got the sports science data on hand?

who said their fitness levels weren't up to NRL standard? have you got the sports science data on hand?
It’s quite noticeable when watching them play.
Kit admitted in his Roar Interview he needs to improve his fitness and he looked out of puff after 5 minutes in the trial against the Warriors.
Nothing that cannot be fixed, anyone can get fit and play with more energy if they want to.
Case point the 3 best 13’s in the game Murray, Yeo and Radley are all extremely fit and close to being the fittest players at their respective clubs.

Last edited:
There are smaller players playing lock in the NRL right now than Faagatu and Laulilli.

They will still grow a bit more and their height won't be the determining factor of whether they make it. They're not wingers or fullbacks.

Paul Gallen wasn't the tallest forward around but he was a good player and captain.

It’s quite noticeable when watching them play.
Kit admitted in his Roar Interview he needs to improve his fitness and he looked out of puff after 5 minutes in the trial against the Warriors.
Nothing that cannot be fixed, anyone can get fit and play with more energy if they want to.
Case point the 3 best 13’s in the game Murray, Yeo and Radley are all extremely fit and close to being the fittest players at their respective clubs.
Interesting you have Radley over Carrigan or even Tohu

The answer is bad contracts. A flaw in the salary cap is that teams have to spend 95% of their cap every year. So even if we have below average first graders in the squad, third party contracts aside, they are being paid at a minimum 95% of what squads like the Roosters, Penrith, Cronulla are being paid.

Without causing another thread war, having a player like Brooks last year on somewhere between 1-1.3million, Noffa on 525k+, Douhei on 600k. That is 20% of the cap on 3 players that at best underperformed their contracts. For 2.1 million we could have AFB and Nico Hynes.

Hopefully Douhei can come back and do something, if not, he and Noffa will still eat up 900k of the cap this year. However, looking at the squad now, it appears that we have very few players on overs and our top end salary players ie Api, Klemmer Papali'i and Luai (2025+) are proven first grade contributors and not paid on potential, I also heard a few of the contracts have been front loaded into this year to meet the 95% requirement. I am really hopeful Richardson, and the new regime can manage the cap more effectively and finally get us back to regular contention.
Nofo was released....He wont take up any CAP for 2024/25

Latest posts

Staff online

Back