Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Douhei should be sent to a Defensive/tackling boot camp.. a place where he is informed how to use his shoulders in a tackle and that he is allowed to contact the person carrying the ball in an aggressive manner with an aim of taking them to the ground.. AD has been the perpetrator of some of the lamest, whimpiest, most inept and ineffective attempts at taclkles I have ever seen on a rugby league field.. having him and Kepoa on the field together was an absolute disaster at times.. Kepoa sometimes actually looked like a sea lion trying to clap it’s fins together in an attempt to slap the man with the ball.. I almost died of frustration and despair at being subjected to these 2 at times last year… and then Sheens picked Kepoa at centre again the next week? Was sheens taking the piss by this stage. IT WAS HORRENDOUS, sorry for the rant but omg 😦 was it frustrating to wait all week to watch The Tigers run out with such a sense of excitement and anticipation only to witness some of the aforementioned abominations…. Now I am starting to really be excited with our prospect for this year, Cmon Tigers LFG
Feledy needs the same training

And I watched Benji’s debut in the stands at a similar age. Best footwork I have ever seen.
The recruitment officer for the Roosters - Arthur Beetson, was watching as well and wanted to sign him, He recognised his quality immediately.

As for Nofoaluma, clubs will remember that if you get him within the 25m line he is a good chance to score a try. His jinking, twisting, stepping and strength is hard to contain. I hope he can land another team to give himself a new start.

So you think Bula is a top 10 in NRL match winning superstar fullback based on 2023 ?
If you are right there should be no doubt Wests Tigers finish in the top 8 in 2024.
As I said I hope you are right.
Thats a ridiculous equation.

Im starting to sense a bit of a bias from you between local junior development players and thos from outside our system

Thats a ridiculous equation.

Im starting to sense a bit of a bias from you between local junior development players and thos from outside our system
Not at all, the role of the modern day fullback is absolutely crucial to a teams attack.
They can’t just be a capable attacking player who defends well, they need to be an outstanding attacking player who regularly creates attacking opportunity for their team.
Bula is no doubt capable of becoming that x-factor attacking fullback we need, but I hear some supporters saying they believe he already has a mortgage on our number 1 jersey long term.
I’m saying he hasn’t done enough to command that jersey long term just yet, how he starts season 2024 will be very important to Wests Tigers success and will go a long way to determining his future prospects.

I didn’t mean to lessen what those players did at all. They were greats of that era.

But nowadays teenage debutants are exposed to guys who are huge finely tuned athletes.

Im sure Mal Meninga was just as scary.
Halves in those days didn't get the protection they get these days, They were pretty much targetted by the big men. These days halves are a protected species.

Sullivan is on 500K. Fainu also on 500K. On the market, teams will offer Fainu more in my opinion. So we should play him more and not make him wait. Sullivan will only be chased by Dragons and with a current 500K contract, I doubt he will leave for less let alone the Dragons overpaying for him after just letting him go

The recruitment officer for the Roosters - Arthur Beetson, was watching as well and wanted to sign him, He recognised his quality immediately.

As for Nofoaluma, clubs will remember that if you get him within the 25m line he is a good chance to score a try. His jinking, twisting, stepping and strength is hard to contain. I hope he can land another team to give himself a new start.
Is he going ?

Not at all, the role of the modern day fullback is absolutely crucial to a teams attack.
They can’t just be a capable attacking player who defends well, they need to be an outstanding attacking player who regularly creates attacking opportunity for their team.
Bula is no doubt capable of becoming that x-factor attacking fullback we need, but I hear some supporters saying they believe he already has a mortgage on our number 1 jersey long term.
I’m saying he hasn’t done enough to command that jersey long term just yet, how he starts season 2024 will be very important to Wests Tigers success and will go a long way to determining his future prospects.
No player should have a mortgage on the jersey, or command it long term
Hes a developing player with two dozen ?? games under his belt.
As long as hes improving gradually thats all we can ask.
Blokes at the top of their game that have been playing for years are still learnin g, the games eveloving constantly with rule changes and good coaches finding new ways to exploit this

btw @Mighty_Tiger asked you before maybe you missed it, have you been attending training often?

I’ve always thought of him as an overrated drug cheat myself. The Storm/Bellamy cheated, but they have won three comps since. It took a whole cocktail of peptides to turn the porch light off.
Just as an aside there is nothing wrong with peptides! I would imagine all clubs use them. Just depends on the supplements used to develop the peptides.

They are just two or amio acids joined together.

You mentioned you attend a few training session, if Galvin is no chance of playing NRL this season, what’s he doing in our top 30 and I have heard numerous reports that not only is he impressing Benji with his commitment and skill set at training, but he is also regularly running with our likely starting line up.
Why would Benji be wasting his time in doing this if he’s no chance of playing NRL this season ?
Because Benji can’t coach?

Ok bro …. I’ll just run off the facts . You don’t have any idea whether Galvin is up to it or not . Neither do I ! That whole paragraph is redundant of the coaching staff has a different opinion to you .
We will see in the trials . He’s either good enough or he isn’t . And if he is … I’ll go back to my original post . Don’t be surprised if he’s suiting up round 1 .
I’ll be very surprised…our first game is the following week.

Not that I have read but this SMH article from Dec provides background on the situation.

That’s the second article posted about this this afternoon. And both from a month ago. Theres nothing new regarding this. For all we know, it’s all blown over.

It makes me wonder if he’s going to be a figurehead, and the guy really driving the car will be Morris.

Back