Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I was told he still contributes a significant amount of money to the club. But because he's not a sponsor any more, they can use it in a different way.

He can use it for third party deals … i assume you heard the same? What have you heard he is contributing otherwise? Told by who?

He was posting a picture of the false story around the bulldogs $7.5 million dollar offer, that was posted in here.
Think you a referring to a twiiter post that was posted in the Luai thread, if so it said don't expect Luai to agitate for an early release not that he is unsure he wants to leave. Unless there has been a subsequent twitter post since.

Post #2813 in the Jahrome Luai thread

Last edited:
Chammas is in here reading our posts.

He’s just posted on a screenshot of our forum on Twitter saying that Jarome is unsure if he wants to leave now and is annoyed at the leaks (post was of the false story claiming to be Chammas)

For once we know the leaks aren’t coming from our side
He said it was sent to him...clever.

Reactions: 851
I agree I don't think Dearden has the success like Luai, I just think he has a very high ceiling that he has not achieved yet.

He was actually quite poor at the Broncos at times, but I like his trajectory. It's just a gut thing.
He is solid all round but doesn't have the x factor that top players have. Ponga, Cleary, Latrell, Walsh, Munster, Luai, Drinkwater, Moses, Cody Walker, Shaun Johnson, etc. all have that

Just saw this

Attachments

• 48807E79-A4D8-4B1F-9ABC-6999B4001735.jpeg
    48807E79-A4D8-4B1F-9ABC-6999B4001735.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 200
He was posting a picture of the false story around the bulldogs $7.5 million dollar offer, that was posted in here.
Chammas is just asking for more and more trolls to post fake stories in his name, now that they know he'll take to twitter about it.

He is solid all round but doesn't have the x factor that top players have. Ponga, Cleary, Latrell, Walsh, Munster, Luai, Drinkwater, Moses, Cody Walker, Shaun Johnson, etc. all have that
Well actually I think Luai has a lot of X-factor, maybe too much. I'm more about the guys who play top-tier footy every week no matter what. Maybe that needs a different name, something like "Y-Factor".

Last guy we had with Y-Factor was Gareth Ellis, or pre-backrow Chris Lawrence. Just admirable top-tier football every week.

He can use it for third party deals … i assume you heard the same? What have you heard he is contributing otherwise? Told by who?
Told by Justin Pascoe, about 2 years ago. I don't know the details, he just said Uncle Harry still contributes very significant finances to the club but he's not a sponsor any more. He only did the sponsorship when we were desperate for a shirt sponsor.

Well actually I think Luai has a lot of X-factor, maybe too much. I'm more about the guys who play top-tier footy every week no matter what. Maybe that needs a different name, something like "Y-Factor".

Last guy we had with Y-Factor was Gareth Ellis, or pre-backrow Chris Lawrence. Just admirable top-tier football every week.

We need some x factor.

Our team is as boring as bat shit.

He'll fill up the grounds.....especially Campbelltown.

I get what you're saying. It's good to have those sorts of players. You need to have a good balance of different types of players to have chemistry and be successful. Luai's x-factor and unpredictability comes from the forwards laying the platform and capitalising on tired forwards in the middle. Other than that, he is a good ball distributor and solid half for those around him. While I don't think I've seen Dearden have a terrible game, he doesn't have the 10/10 game that elite players in the game can have. Dylan Edwards is the same. I don't think he has a high ceiling at all, but he's constantly a 7/10 most games in a good system but take him out of that system and his weaknesses would overcompensate in other areas. Latrell can be a 11/10 player or a 2 out of 10 player some weeks. He doesn't have the consistency of a Dearden but is still worth the money for the big plays and moments on the big stage that I don't think Dearden is capable of at the moment. That could change in the future.

Agreed re Dearden, he is a solid player. But not the X factor that other players have.

That's the weird thing with the Cowboys. The only player that really has the X factor there was Hammer. Valentine homes can score and cross the line. They are clearly missing that spark that say a Munster or Ponga has.

Told by Justin Pascoe, about 2 years ago. I don't know the details, he just said Uncle Harry still contributes very significant finances to the club but he's not a sponsor any more. He only did the sponsorship when we were desperate for a shirt sponsor.
They put it in the bloody documentary. Cringe worthy TV. Pascoe is still haunting us from the Centrelink queue.

We need some people need to drop a load to get some stress out.
This is going to be a long off season if the last few pages are the standard.
Could be the perfect opportunity for the Forum to have a look at your most recent travels thru India mikey.

Back