Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I believe that there are not a lot of expectations on Benji for 2024 with this team he has inherited ….

The fans have got what they wanted in respect of the board dismissal… and that will buy him 12 months to find his feet…

Come 2025 that might change …by then though these kids the club have been talking up need go be up to speed…that’s his real job over the next 12 months
Some of us don't have that many seasons to throw away.
I hope they can sell the renewal to Luai. The club needs him.

Some of us don't have that many seasons to throw away.
I hope they can sell the renewal to Luai. The club needs him.

Well.. regardless, keep your expectations modest for 2024… Luia wont be helping in that respect anyway… even if he signs …

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
Disagree with that.

I don’t believe that . That screams of being someone’s mouth piece .
If anything this upheaval is the one that should have happened long ago , and the sacking of the board and more importantly Pascoe ,has been in one way or another , whispered about for years . If anything this finally once and for all , creates some stability , as with most things , there will be a grace period .
Also Richo has already come out, as recently as 1 month ago , and said stability and pathways has to be the tigers remit moving forward . So I don’t think he’s going to come in and run a broom through the joint .
I think he will just streamline processes and procedures , put standards in place and key metrics that drive those standards .
I think the football club/ department will be his priority, and I honestly think he was having a stab at Justin and Lee about having long lunches all the time .
If Benji has the work ethos and is a Bennett protege , as has been pretty much suggested by both Benji and Wayne , than I honestly can only see a strong working relationship between the new ceo and the coach .
I will say this , Richo has a strong opinion of himself , that is well justified in league circles , so I can’t see him suffering fools . Which IMO , has been sorely needed for a long time at this club at the CEO level . Hopefully he fixes the intangibles like the media team and the merchandising team , who have been a shit fight and unprofessional, for far too long .
Yep, I reckon there will be a heap of firing/hiring at the Centre of Excellence over the next couple of months. Some of these folks won't know what's hit them.

People need to realise the difference between a chairman and a ceo. They also need to understand what makes a really effective chairman, the responsibilities, functions and requirements of corporate governance. I could go through the desired criteria from AICD but the short answer is the polar opposite of LH.

Had something to do with Barry in my working life.
Could not say I agree with this brainless statement.
Except takes one to know one.
I wouldn’t say I agree with myself being a knob. Corrupt? Yes. Hey - I’m Latino. But not a knob.

I expect the Premier of the state to be smarter than that - or should I?

Next thing we will have Mark O’Neill back in as GM of football who was dismissed.

We have one chance to get this right.

Glad O’Farrell is only temporary.

All hail King Richo.

It’s unlikely Shane Richardson will approve 1 million dollar or higher offers for Luai or AFB based on his recent comments.
I agree with him, you need to plan and accommodate cap space long term, not just be short sighted thinking about the next season or two.

A couple of things.
One, if you read the post it wasn't my opinion.
Two, it's Andrew Voss' opinion, an independent observer who has just pointed out what many players and agents would be thinking.

I'll add my own adendum that Richo is currently only a 6 month appointment. He also has a business that would take up most of his time.

Who knows if he'll continue after that.

That's instability. That's uncertainty if you're looking at it objectively.
But it's obviously an opinion you agree with, hence posting it here. Anyway, I quite like Andrew Voss, but I wouldn't put him down in my list of rugby league business experts. Whatever, as you say it's certainly an opinion.

My point is: tell me what the alternative is? I notice that while you're happy to complain about this "uncertainty" you haven't yet supported any different approach, eg keeping the same bunch of proven losers in charge indefinitely or, say, replacing them mid-season. What do you (or Andrew Voss) suggest the owners should have done differently?

That's before we even get to the palpably ludicrous idea that any player would be more willing to sign for a club that is demonstrably run by muppets than one that is in the process of overhauling its governance.

It’s unlikely Shane Richardson will approve 1 million dollar or higher offers for Luai or AFB based on his recent comments.
I agree with him, you need to plan and accommodate cap space long term, not just be short sighted thinking about the next season or two.
Be great to see Richardson and Fulton butt heads now! I know who will win out of that.

We'll see I guess. Paying 1M for Ben Hunt didn't drag St George from the bottom.

The sides that have come good in recent times have been sides with players over performing relative to their pay packet. SJ for Warriors, Walsh/Mam for Broncos etc. None of those guys were on massive money this year.
Agree with those players. Howfullly bula can be our player like that.

However broncs did have haas on big $$ for eg.

If you saw him talking about the Tigers on James Grahams podcast it won't happen and he also thinks the Tigers are a sleeping giant who shoot themselves in the foot

Andrew Voss just made the point that any player who was considering signing with us will probably look elsewhere due to the upheaval and instability. There's just too much uncertainty for any manger to point his players our way.
It's hard to argue he's wrong.
I feel sorry for Benji. The events of yesterday probably mean the squad he has now is the squad he'll have to make work.
I like having Shane Richardson running the show, but it's at the expense of the '24 and 25 seasons.
Andrew Voss will just have the same knee jerk reaction the media normally do with us and bash the club. Last year we were a laughing stock, now they're all lining up for the inside goss on what's going on. Iv not heard one media personality say it's a move that's needed to happen for a while. Even if we miss out on a few players short term pain for long term gain in my eyes. Andrew Voss isn't a member / fan he's got no skin in the game so he couldn't care less if the Tigers got the spoon for eternity.

Back