Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Bulldogs sign Connor Tracey. The Bulldogs have now added Crichton, Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Josh Curran, Jake Turpin, Jaeman Salmon, Poasa Faamausili, Bronson Xerri and Kurt Mann. How do they shift guys on haha & wtf we announcing some signings (Luai, AFB)
Bulldogs really have recruited solidly. If they don't make the 8, Ciraldo will be under huge pressure to retain his job.

Bulldogs really have recruited solidly. If they don't make the 8, Ciraldo will be under huge pressure to retain his job.

Few good name a there definately! Also
agree Ciraldo under huge pressure with
his big contract and Gould with his face
and finger prints over everything. Don't get
why you would go to shithole belmore with
all their outdated gear & facilities. Oh well

Edit: something to do with Mr. Laundy lol

They have recruited bit-part, fringe first graders in my opinion. Still lack a quality halves pairing, front row looks light on too. They're really no further along in a rebuild than we are but have less cash to spend on impactful signings right now.

I think we are actually in a slightly better position

not a chance they make the 8. they're more likely to win the spoon than they are the 8.

they have no recognised 1, 6 or 7 and their hooker is well and truly out of form. their middle forward rotation (King, Knight, Sutton, Faamausili, Curran) is laughable. a back 5 of Tracey, Kiraz, Crichton, Burton and Addo-Carr is excellent but with Taaffe and Sexton in the halves I doubt they'll be given much room to move.

I love Connor Tracey but is he the answer at 1? Burton and Crichton are both elite centres but will be on spine-calibre money, jury is out on Sexton and Taaffe and JAC isn't getting any younger. Kikau and Preston are both elite but they won't turn their fortunes around.

they have no recognised 1, 6 or 7 and their hooker is well and truly out of form. their middle forward rotation (King, Knight, Patolo, Faamausili, Curran) is laughable

Yep. Their pack will be getting dominated

Yep. Their pack will be getting dominated
Gus and Laundy will do everything in their power to get Fonua-Blake across. he is rightly their number one priority. wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with one of the Saifiti boys either.

Bulldogs sign Connor Tracey. The Bulldogs have now added Crichton, Taaffe, Drew Hutchison, Josh Curran, Jake Turpin, Jaeman Salmon, Poasa Faamausili, Bronson Xerri and Kurt Mann. How do they shift guys on haha & wtf we announcing some signings (Luai, AFB)
Apart from Crichton... Meh

not a chance they make the 8. they're more likely to win the spoon than they are the 8.

they have no recognised 1, 6 or 7 and their hooker is well and truly out of form. their middle forward rotation (King, Knight, Sutton, Faamausili, Curran) is laughable. a back 5 of Tracey, Kiraz, Crichton, Burton and Addo-Carr is excellent but with Taaffe and Sexton in the halves I doubt they'll be given much room to move.

I love Connor Tracey but is he the answer at 1? Burton and Crichton are both elite centres but will be on spine-calibre money, jury is out on Sexton and Taaffe and JAC isn't getting any younger. Kikau and Preston are both elite but they won't turn their fortunes around.
I agree, they are a patchwork quilt of great players, good players and journeymen with the emphasis in the wrong areas.
They won’t get the spoon with us and Saints in the comp, but they’ll be long odds to make the 8.

Gus and Laundy will do everything in their power to get Fonua-Blake across. he is rightly their number one priority. wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with one of the Saifiti boys either.

Jr their cap & roster must be stretched by now.
I don't beleive a damn word Gus says smh ...

I reckon the Bulldogs have recruited well for what is available and as a club looking to improve. Crichton is elite - as good as it gets. Tracey Taffe Curran and Salmon would have all held positions in our FG side. There forwards are light on but not sure they are finished yet.
With the same recruitment here I reckon most would be optimistic about next season.

I reckon the Bulldogs have recruited well for what is available and as a club looking to improve. Crichton is elite - as good as it gets. Tracey Taffe Curran and Salmon would have all held positions in our FG side. There forwards are light on but not sure they are finished yet.
With the same recruitment here I reckon most would be optimistic about next season.
Couldn't agree more. I think those 5 you named would all walk into our side.

In the same period who have we signed? Sezer, Fainu Brothers and Sullivan I guess are the new additions to our squad.

Bulldogs are in a very comparable position in terms of rebuilding and just seem to be doing a better job imo.

In the same period who have we signed? Sezer, Fainu Brothers and Sullivan I guess are the new additions to our squad.

Bulldogs are in a very comparable position in terms of rebuilding and just seem to be doing a better job imo.
Crichton is an unreal signing but for the others - walking into the 2x wooden spooners team doesn’t mean they are good first grade players. Both clubs are in a similar rebuilding spot and I’d 100% rather the Fainu brothers who have potential to be elite over all dogs signings combine. (Not including Critta as he is obviously a great singing for them)

They were lacking experience, they have the 'star' players and they have a decent crop of rookies coming through, but they didn't really have a group of experienced NRL players to round out the squad, they have sorted that problem but they still are very light in the forwards, particularly middles.
Comparatively we had severe deficiencies in the halves and outside backs, halves we have recruited, outside backs we are still working on.
I think both teams still have a lot of question marks still, but whoever comes up with a better band aid solution for their last roster gap will go better in '24.

That is a good summation. Gould and co will be looking for a return on the expenditure.

Jr their cap & roster must be stretched by now.
I don't beleive a damn word Gus says smh ...
it's hard to get a read mate. I don't think they have any players on anything above $850k. there's definitely money to play with and roster spots to fill but who they prioritise and chase is the question.

Members online

Back