Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s impossible to say a kid who has played 20 games is an upgrade on anything. Not to mention the amount unfair pressure and expectation that puts on him
I hope someone puts ur post in a bottle and they find it in 3 years time and the forum is bagging Sullivan for been worse than brooks 🤔🥴🤪

If the club deserves a kick in the shins then he also deserves a kick up the clacker for pocketing undeserved money from us for a decade.
Obviously smarter than us because we were stupid enough to offer him the money and he was smart enough to take it.

Out smarted once again.

Best half at the club...

Including your bandaged up Orange boy.
That’s no big achievement. The imbeciles at the club have been so hopeful he’ll step up one day they’ve never bought any competition to test him… except for the far superior halfback Hastings who they realised did his work better than Brooks but wanted him to do it from lock. 🤣

I wish Brooks and his family well at Manly, he does deserve the chance to prove to people he belongs in first grade and maybe change of clubs and culture he can a achieve this. But the simple fact is his game is no better than reserve grade level.

It is first grade level but to be honest it would be one at the bottom end,i genuinely wish him well but not the club he is going to

Chammas thinks Luai would be well suited to Benji as coach. ( weidler joked it will be a news article Sunday)
And last minute of pod said feels Manly maybe have salary cap squeeze with him guessing Olakau’atu going to Tigers.

Just posting rumours and on topic ( no more Brooks chat)

Chammas thinks Luai would be well suited to Benji as coach. ( weidler joked it will be a news article Sunday)
And last minute of pod said feels Manly maybe have salary cap squeeze with him guessing Olakau’atu going to Tigers.

Just posting rumours and on topic ( no more Brooks chat)

Reactions: 851
Update:

- Bradman Best and Justin Olam are two names being thrown around. Benji is a big fan of either prospect. The belief from Bradman Best's camp is they're hoping for 800k which has turned us off a little, will still be discussions heading into November 1st.

- The club are in discussions with Kulikefu Finefeuiaki's from the Cowboys management team to bring him over in 2024, as the Cowboys have invested heavily in the second row position with Leilua and Nanai combining for $1.5 million and are clearing cap space for Dearden as Titans are circling. The club also have an eye on Helium Luki as there's some noise he may request a release soon. Cowboys hoping to keep both players but may be an uphill battle.

- I posted a while ago that Franklin Pele's management had approached us to gauge interest, then a couple of days later he signed with Hull FC. I was told we had rejected him and choose to priotitise Pole, Twal and Blore as potential bench props in 2024 along with our juniors coming through. I believe the club are looking to bring Pole off the bench as an impact prop similar to Spencer Leniu in 2024.

- Matt Moylan hasn't been in negotiations with the club and will not be pursued, the belief is Cronulla are shopping him to Super League and he'll be there in 2024.

- The club have turned there attention fully towards John Morris as an assistant coach option, I posted that it was between Holbrook and Morris about a month ago. Holbrook rejecting us has now led a clear path to who the club would like as our assistant coach in 2024. Benji and Farah playing a big role. However, reports are John Morris is enjoying his time at Rabbitohs and will not be an easy pursuit. Could go either way.

- Nick Meaney will be targeted once the November 1st deadline approaches.

- Junior Tupou is currently undergoing negotiations to stay at the club with early positive signs, however there's belief he may test his value come November 1st and he won't be short of suitors. Melbourne and Newcastle seen as a strong possibilities.

- Blore seems set to re-sign at the club on a 2 year deal, the club have apparently fully backflipped and will offer him an extension if all goes well once the season is complete. My source has been pretty strong on Blore remaining from day 1 but always a little hesitant, he reckons it's now imminent barring anything last minute.

- Lastly, I didn't get much info on the Sheens situation besides that has been tension with Sheens and the front office ever since McDonnell was sacked behind his back and Sheens standing down wasn't a shock at all. However, the club are fully committed to Benji and have complete trust he can do the job. There was a report that Benji is the next target to be axed and that couldn't be further from the truth. Benji has complete control over all football operations and apparently all parties involved coaches, players and board all believe it's the right move. Expect a statement backing Benji if those reports continue... maybe even potential legal actions which Pascoe/Lee are contemplating.

Hope you guys enjoy - sorry for the delay.
Thank you for all the info

Update:

- Bradman Best and Justin Olam are two names being thrown around. Benji is a big fan of either prospect. The belief from Bradman Best's camp is they're hoping for 800k which has turned us off a little, will still be discussions heading into November 1st.

- The club are in discussions with Kulikefu Finefeuiaki's from the Cowboys management team to bring him over in 2024, as the Cowboys have invested heavily in the second row position with Leilua and Nanai combining for $1.5 million and are clearing cap space for Dearden as Titans are circling. The club also have an eye on Helium Luki as there's some noise he may request a release soon. Cowboys hoping to keep both players but may be an uphill battle.

- I posted a while ago that Franklin Pele's management had approached us to gauge interest, then a couple of days later he signed with Hull FC. I was told we had rejected him and choose to priotitise Pole, Twal and Blore as potential bench props in 2024 along with our juniors coming through. I believe the club are looking to bring Pole off the bench as an impact prop similar to Spencer Leniu in 2024.

- Matt Moylan hasn't been in negotiations with the club and will not be pursued, the belief is Cronulla are shopping him to Super League and he'll be there in 2024.

- The club have turned there attention fully towards John Morris as an assistant coach option, I posted that it was between Holbrook and Morris about a month ago. Holbrook rejecting us has now led a clear path to who the club would like as our assistant coach in 2024. Benji and Farah playing a big role. However, reports are John Morris is enjoying his time at Rabbitohs and will not be an easy pursuit. Could go either way.

- Junior Tupou is currently undergoing negotiations to stay at the club with early positive signs, however there's belief he may test his value come November 1st and he won't be short of suitors. Melbourne and Newcastle seen as a strong possibilities.

- Blore seems set to re-sign at the club on a 2 year deal, the club have apparently fully backflipped and will offer him an extension if all goes well once the season is complete. My source has been pretty strong on Blore remaining from day 1 but always a little hesitant, he reckons it's now imminent barring anything last minute.

- Lastly, I didn't get much info on the Sheens situation besides that has been tension with Sheens and the front office ever since McDonnell was sacked behind his back and Sheens standing down wasn't a shock at all. However, the club are fully committed to Benji and have complete trust he can do the job. There was a report that Benji is the next target to be axed and that couldn't be further from the truth. Benji has complete control over all football operations and apparently all parties involved coaches, players and board all believe it's the right move. Expect a statement backing Benji if those reports continue... maybe even potential legal actions which Pascoe/Lee are contemplating.

King 👑 Teddy thanks for the info

Obviously smarter than us because we were stupid enough to offer him the money and he was smart enough to take it.

Out smarted once again.
You think he even knew about it?
His manager would have told him to go sit on his PlayStation and leave everything to him.

Update:

These fricking morons NEVER learn!!

NO club in the history of rugby league has made more empty public threats of baseless legal action than these dunces - going back to Marina Go looking at legal options when Pascoe blatantly breached the cap!!

Two L-plate Chairs with tickets on themselves being directed by the worst CEO in rugby league history!!

You think he even knew about it?
His manager would have told him to go sit on his PlayStation and leave everything to him.
For the 7% that player managers get off the top, you would expect them to get you the best deal and the best deals are usually at the Wests Tigers.

These fricking morons NEVER learn!!

NO club in the history of rugby league has made more empty public threats of baseless legal action than these dunces - going back to Marina Go looking at legal options when Pascoe blatantly breached the cap!!

Two L-plate Chairs with tickets on themselves being directed by the worst CEO in rugby league history!!

You are sounding pretty positive mate. Things must be turning.

You are sounding pretty positive mate. Things must be turning.
I think you know the only positive in the club is the return of investment in talent identification and focus on elite pathways instigated by Sheens after Pascoe allowed Taylor and Cleary to dismantle it...

The way Pascoe flips and flops with the wind - this legacy is not set in stone and could all be gone again in 2 years time...

Seriously - Pascoe is unemployable at CEO level anywhere else!!

I won't hold you to it. You seem like a nice human and i
If we win next season drinks on me. You can bookmark this post.
I feel your passion. Thank you anyway. Very nice of you
If we win next season drinks on me. You can bookmark this post.
King 👑 Teddy thanks for the info
Like socks and underwear in a washing machine. Thrown around.
I think you know the only positive in the club is the return of investment in talent identification and focus on elite pathways instigated by Sheens after Pascoe allowed Taylor and Cleary to dismantle it...

The way Pascoe flips and flops with the wind - this legacy is not set in stone and could all be gone again in 2 years time...

Seriously - Pascoe is unemployable at CEO level anywhere else!!
And he has control of the fans hearts and souls through their wallets. How did it get to this point?

Back