Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This is the problem , Nofo on $ 500 k and is average so we offer Staines who will have more upside going forward $ 300/350 k not good enough , I would be offering Staines $ 400 and farming Nofo Off to anyone , we kick in. $ 100 k to rid our self’s of him
Who would even pay $400k a year for Nofo?

he is slower then Klemmer! ( but not Wakeham)

He's just not worth 500k, and hasn't proven himself as a fullback. So he gets winger money.

Yes the Nof contract is a shame, surely someone somewhere will pick him up. UK surely if no NRL options
Noffa’s contract is not a shame but a bloody disgrace and a blight on the club. It’s those sort of decisions is why we can’t have nice things.

I wonder what the current Panther's wingers and fullback will be receiving. It had to put pressure on their cap.
Yes you’d have to think that with the upgrades at Penrith in recent months that gaining players on larger contracts is going to be tough, particularly if they’re trying to hang onto Jerome.

Unfortunately Nofo is big $$$ for 24 & 25, if someone takes him at $250K it's better than keeping him. Frees up a spot.

Sheens has done a good job offloading Liddle, Musgrave & Maumalo who were all on overs as well.

Nofo is pretty much the last one left on overs for 24.

Salary cap back in order.

An off contract player we should look at for the wing is Mawene Hiroti.

He does the job when called upon at the Sharks, has decent speed, ok size for defence, can cover fullback & centre PLUS would probably become our #1 goalkicker straight up. Good stats this season in Cup.

Wouldn't warrant a huge salary ($150k ish) and take up much cap if Ngutlik, Kirk or a Laulilii progress quickly.
If we can offload Kepaoa i'm more than happy to give Hiroti a shot if we can't sign a star. He's not amazing, but he's better than Talau, Kepaoa, Nof, Reilly just for starters so would improve the depth of the club. Even on a train and trial - these are the sorts of players that make a squad, instead our nsw cup squad had the likes of Kioa

We surely can't go into 2024 with Nofo on our books. He is slow as shown on Sunday, he just is a dumb player, if he ran onto Brooks kick on the last play he would've scored.
Maybe I think he should of gone for it, but I think a half volley at best at that speed would of been difficult fir any winger.

Reactions: 851
I really hope we aren't making a play at Mitchell so we probably are.

I don't mind it in the same capacity as a Sezer signing, i.e a seasoned half to help see the young guys through, nothing more than that though. I haven't seen him play much recently, but is Sezer a better signing than Pearce?

I don't mind it in the same capacity as a Sezer signing, i.e a seasoned half to help see the young guys through, nothing more than that though. I haven't seen him play much recently, but is Sezer a better signing than Pearce?

I don't like the Sezer signing either. I don't know who is better or better put worse.

Just to point out the obvious but my opinion may be wrong. We have to see how our signings turn out but I like the Fainu and Sullivan (if true) signings.

I don't like the Sezer signing either. I don't know who is better or better put worse.

Just to point out the obvious but my opinion may be wrong. We have to see how our signings turn out but I like the Fainu and Sullivan (if true) signings.

I like those signings too. I just think having someone more experienced for at least a year will help their transition to full time first grade.

I won't start a new thread but the NSW Aboriginal Rugby League Koori Knockout will be hosted by the Newcastle All Blacks from 29 SEP to 2 OCT in Tuggerah on Darkinjung Country. I hope WTs' scouts are out and about during the Tournament. I didn't realise that it is the largest First Nations sporting event in the world. I enjoy watching the games on SBS
Yeah it’s fun.
A lot of big boys punching in at 140+ using swinging arms in every tackle.
The crowd is fun as well. A real country footy vibe.
Usually a smattering of familiar faces as well. Trell played last year.

Mitchell Pearce set to come back to Oz and test the open market. Could this be a reason for the delay in the signing of Sezer? Are WT still considering making a play at a Mitchell Pearce homecoming (of sorts)?

I get the sense sezer is a smoke screen but probably wishful thinking

Back