Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

When looking at the market for next year there is not much there.

When you look at what we have coming through there is a lot.

Unless you can sign someone who is going to do a better job than someone we have playing lower grades, why bother?

We have Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin. They were the City under 18s halves combo. Galvin was Aus Schoolboys 6 and CHS player of the carnival and Latu the same last year. They are the best two young halves in the country.

We have Luke Laulili'i and Josh Feledy. Feledy is probably ready to be blooded right now to play centre. He has a ready made combo with Fainu. Laulili'i is a To'o clone and will debut young.

That's to say nothing of the likes of Chris Fa'agutu, Kit Laulili'i, Sam Fainu and Jordan Miller who give us next man up forwards for days.

I don't care about us not signing some offcuts from a club who doesn't want them. And marquee signings don't come around too much. Every year maybe 2 or 3 international quality players move clubs. The rest just extend and stay put. The free agent market is for filling out your depth and for identifying talent at other clubs that's blocked for opportunity that you can develop.

The thing is we have more than enough talent in our pathways to fill out our depth, or take first grade spots and force our current first graders to be what they should be, depth. And the best young talent that's ready to play first grade at positions of need we have more than enough of!

When looking at the market for next year there is not much there.

When you look at what we have coming through there is a lot.

Unless you can sign someone who is going to do a better job than someone we have playing lower grades, why bother?

We have Latu Fainu and Lachlan Galvin. They were the City under 18s halves combo. Galvin was Aus Schoolboys 6 and CHS player of the carnival and Latu the same last year. They are the best two young halves in the country.

We have Luke Laulili'i and Josh Feledy. Feledy is probably ready to be blooded right now to play centre. He has a ready made combo with Fainu. Laulili'i is a To'o clone and will debut young.

That's to say nothing of the likes of Chris Fa'agutu, Kit Laulili'i, Sam Fainu and Jordan Miller who give us next man up forwards for days.

I don't care about us not signing some offcuts from a club who doesn't want them. And marquee signings don't come around too much. Every year maybe 2 or 3 international quality players move clubs. The rest just extend and stay put. The free agent market is for filling out your depth and for identifying talent at other clubs that's blocked for opportunity that you can develop.

The thing is we have more than enough talent in our pathways to fill out our depth, or take first grade spots and force our current first graders to be what they should be, depth. And the best young talent that's ready to play first grade at positions of need we have more than enough of!
Not with Roosters and Bulldogs pillaging

Unless you're the Roosters, Souths or Brisbane you don't sign guns from other clubs without paying overs and ruining your cap.

The last time Canberra made a genuine rep signing that wasn't a Pom was 2011.

Manly's marquee 2024 signing is a half-back we are cheering about losing.

The Dragons have taken a sign anything that moves approach to the last several years and gone backwards.

You know what club doesn't sign big name rep players from other clubs? Penrith. The last marquee signing they made was James Maloney 5 years ago.

Mate . You come across as massively obnoxious . You may not intend it but geez , it’s like a punch to the face .
I don’t know who you’re arguing with though ? You don’t need graphs to see where our issues are .
You’re stating the obvious as if you’ve just discovered the theory of relativity. Just chill mate .
Cheers mate appreciate the feedback.

Everytime I have replied, it was in response to someone who implied corrections to the perspective I provided. I like posting with support for my perspective.

I have followed this forum forever and have just reached a level if frustration with the pure false garbage opinions that are contributing to the never ending negativity surrounding the club we love. I reached a point where I had enough and thought I'd share my perspective which is usually informed with statistics because it's an area of interest.

Once again thanks for the feedback. In turn please take some from me. I find it ironic that I'm getting told I'm obnoxious by a bloke whose comment history is full of a number of shitfights, swearing at blokes who disagree and asking a bloke who disagreed with you if he had a mental illness. But enjoy the moral superiority mate, it's suits you.

Everytime I have replied, it was in response to someone who implied corrections to the perspective I provided. I like posting with support for my perspective.

I have followed this forum forever and have just reached a level if frustration with the pure false garbage opinions that are contributing to the never ending negativity surrounding the club we love. I reached a point where I had enough and thought I'd share my perspective which is usually informed with statistics because it's an area of interest.

Once again thanks for the feedback. In turn please take some from me. I find it ironic that I'm getting told I'm obnoxious by a bloke whose comment history is full of a number of shitfights, swearing at blokes who disagree and asking a bloke who disagreed with you if he had a mental illness. But enjoy the moral superiority mate, it's suits you.
Yes. No shortage of fantasy here. Just look up Signing Suggestions, Rumours and other delinquent tell tail mongering. And the name your team list. Every Monday.

Ah yes the Bulldogs and Roosters who have signed a collective 0 of our youth players except Kitione Kautoga who can't make the starting NSW cup side ahead of Reece Hoffman.
The biggest pillagers were manly . Because a certain Fulton was constantly poking around . Now he’s gone , and a complete cultural shift to “Manly” players ie. guys who grey up in the beaches , will leave us a chance of keeping our best .

We are more chance of putting two and two together on here and getting a few rumoured signings correct than what someone like Buzz Rothfield is as he only gets gee up calls with information when he’s 7 wines deep.

Sullivan is not a hooker. He was used there to get gametime nothing else.
The kid is a pure half -5/8 player. I hate it when coaches think they can manufacture a player into another position that does not look natural for them.
It was like John Morris playing HB for us back in the day.....a terrible coaching decision by our current head coach who loves putting players in positions they are not right for.
Next thing we will say is that Tupou should be playing 2nd Row.
Shhhhooosshhh…..you may give someone ideas!

This is simply factually incorrect.

First photo below shows a fairly obvious trend that the further down the field you play the ball the more likely you are to score a point. In the NRL between 2016-2021 teams scored 0.3 points per play the ball inside the 10m line compared to 0.04 points per play the ball in midfield. Only when you get inside the 20m can you expect to score 0.1 or more points per play the ball and it exponentially increase from their. You are 700% more likely to produce a point from 10m out to 50m out. Teams do not score more from midfield breaks, fact.

2nd graph shows a heat map of play the balls resulting in tries form 2016-2021 where green is high and red is low. The map shows the significantly largest proportion of tries are scored in the 20m line and an even larger majority 10m out and usually middle of the field.

Field position is king. We have field position but we have below average backs unable to meet NRL standards in point production. Imo we have two decent prospects in Bula and Tupou and literally no one else is NRL standard in our backline. I genuinely don't think we have had a NRL standard half or centre in half a decade.

I really wish we lived in a world in which people would consider their positions before sprouting off opinions and calling them facts. This forum can be the Dunning-Kruger effect in full flight most of the time.
Are you the RL Eye Test?

Same I don't rate him, Good players never make good coaches. Hope I'm wrong so us fans don't need to wait any longer to see some success but I give him no chance being at the Tigers by the end of his deal.
So what you are saying crap players make better coaches? In that case we have lots of great future coaches who have played for WT in the last few years! On that basis can almost confirm that coaching may not the issue for WT.

Maybe they can bring the new misinformation laws to this forum.

Back