Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

People acting like Croft wouldn't be an upgrade at #6.

Paired with Sezar's kicking game at #7- nobody sees this as at worst, a short term solution until the youngsters come through?

I, I just can't believe this is where we are at. Aiden Sezer was rejected by us and the forum 4-6 years ago when he was looking to remain in the NRL.

Brodie Croft is a massive ??? From what I hear he is on a long term contract in Super league and really doing good there. Look he was a fringe grader but ma have improved a fair bit. Could be anything from a Josh Reynolds to a Burton for us.

This is a bad solution IMHO. We should sign 1x half and save the money for the youngsters. ....

The more I think about this, the more I go "how did we get here?" simple we could not say "NO" as a club to Doueihi nor Brooks. We should have told one of those two to look elsewhere. Instead we punted Hastings who actually did Ok-ish by us for less coin.

Pumping up your tyres Rob?

Why would Tartak be so incredibly unprofessional to discuss ongoing client private contract negotiations with a nobody podcaster with a couple of hundred listeners?
I know lots of people in the know Balmain Boy and they know me. Perhaps he wanted to send a message to a few thousand listeners not a couple of hundred. I’ll leave you to enjoy judging people’s professionalism and talking about what ifs & maybes while I go straight to the source. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Can’t hurt trying; there is 99.99% chance of him rejecting us but what’s the harm in that. The reputation is already on the fritz is one more rejection going to matter.
Who knows really, maybe he looked up to Benji when he was younger and he has a working relationship with Api from Penrith and NSW. Not sure of Panthers halves prospects outside of Luai though so that could be a major factor.
Not a hope in hell 🥴

no news mate just going off the article that we are looking at Croft as he has the nrl clause where we need to pay a 100k plus transfer fee if we want him.
Honestly we are scraping the barrel with Croft let alone having to pay for the privilege of getting a release.
If we can't get Trindall then try again for mitchell pearce or Dodd
Croft couldn't play well in the storm system or the Broncos he will not be the answer here.
Would look at Sezer before Croft
Think the Easter bunny or Santa Claus would preform better 🤔

No one mentioned in the last 20 pages other than the young manly player who isn't interested is better than our assistant coach.

Just strap them up already Benji. Do something to inspire the kids you will be coaching.

I know lots of people in the know Balmain Boy and they know me. Perhaps he wanted to send a message to a few thousand listeners not a couple of hundred. I’ll leave you to enjoy judging people’s professionalism and talking about what ifs & maybes while I go straight to the source. Enjoy the rest of your day.
I know lots of people in the know and they know me.

I'm sorry but has their ever been a more arrogant and embarrassing statement made on a internet forum.

I, I just can't believe this is where we are at. Aiden Sezer was rejected by us and the forum 4-6 years ago when he was looking to remain in the NRL.

Brodie Croft is a massive ??? From what I hear he is on a long term contract in Super league and really doing good there. Look he was a fringe grader but ma have improved a fair bit. Could be anything from a Josh Reynolds to a Burton for us.

This is a bad solution IMHO. We should sign 1x half and save the money for the youngsters. ....

The more I think about this, the more I go "how did we get here?" simple we could not say "NO" as a club to Doueihi nor Brooks. We should have told one of those two to look elsewhere. Instead we punted Hastings who actually did Ok-ish by us for less coin.
Let's be fair- Croft wasn't a fringe 1st grader any more than Prince was when he came to us from Broncos reserves.

The Broncos gig didn't work out. He was too young in a too young team. They needed Reynolds. They got Croft.

I think he's a very redeemable player. And Sezar- it's about what the player adds to them team. Sezar is an organiser. A bit dull. Not exactly exciting. But he has a pinpoint kicking game & experience leading teams around a field. Croft is the more dangerous player. And potentially the future 7 when one of our 73 young 5/8's are ready to step into 1st grade.

Compare Sezar/Croft to Wakeham/Brooks. Or Wakeham/Laurie. Or Brooks/Doueihi. Or Hastings/Brooks.

It's probably comparable to Hastings/Brooks. But I'd say it's a superior kicking game, at the least. Croft is every bit the running threat Brooks is.

People acting like Croft wouldn't be an upgrade at #6.

Paired with Sezar's kicking game at #7- nobody sees this as at worst, a short term solution until the youngsters come through?
..it buys us time and saves us from total embarassment of three consecutive spoons
...until a totally new coaching roster is sorted in 2025..without Benji Im thinking

I don’t need Johns to tell me what’s wrong with the club, it’s lacking governance and accountability. That sits with managemenmt, they’ve had years to address the issue and haven’t been able to. They talk of accountability, but they (the board, Lee and Pascoe) haven’t been made accountable. Gee they don’t even front the media when they stuff up, they let the players cop it, such as after the ANZAC Jersey debacle, or Benji poster at the COE

Lee might be pumping $$ into I the club, but he is killing it with his narcissism and childish reactions, threatening taking the NRL to court, attacking podcasters, walking out on Jones.

Our club is a basket case and I have strong doubts that the management team in place will be able to turn it around. Good luck to Sheens and Benji, they’ll need it.
To me it matters.
The kids you speak of, when you say ours of that group above only Tayln is ours.
It’s great that we have a few from the lower grades coming through but the reality is the best ones have come from other systems with 3 outa 4 being recruited into our juniors and not having originated.
Throw Galvin, Faagatu, Herman into that argument.
The juniors are improving but the talent still exists outside our system.
Gee whiz I am so over the use of the word PATIENT being addressed to Wests Tigers fans. Haven't we been patient enough? Surely it is not too much to hope the footy team you support could at least finish 8th out of 16 teams (17 teams this year) at least once in 12 years?
no news mate just going off the article that we are looking at Croft as he has the nrl clause where we need to pay a 100k plus transfer fee if we want him.
Honestly we are scraping the barrel with Croft let alone having to pay for the privilege of getting a release.
If we can't get Trindall then try again for mitchell pearce or Dodd
Croft couldn't play well in the storm system or the Broncos he will not be the answer here.
Would look at Sezer before Croft
O

Back