Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Both parties have the right to say no, I have a contract. It’s consistent.

Sure they do & sure the clubs respect that decision as well. Look at Joffa recently…. And sure clubs don’t demote players to the bench/reggies as an option. Keep living in the fantasy world. It’s not consistent.

Staines at $ 400 would be about right given some money being paid to others , Noffa deal was over the top by $ 100 k
seayfarts would be $ 350 max yes he try’s and has a good go but produced zero in first grade , lower grade he goes ok
yeah about where id value them as well. Just depends on if coaching staff see Tupou or Staines as first choice. If Staines is behind Tupou not sure id bother, but if he is in front then i think 400 is about his market value.

Just reading latest headlines about Ben Hunt, short term deal this season to Broncos then to Titans for 2 years .
What happened to the “ Hunt will either stay at Dragons (not) or join the Wests Tigers ( not).
Another fanciful rumour.
Coming here because he wanted to team up with Benji sounded crazy

The Pezet kid has got something special
He does and I still don't understand why he wants to stay in Melb and not take a top-grade chance for money and exposure. I could understand if their halves were old and close to retirement etc.. but both Hughes and Munster have like 6+ years at least left. I think he will regret it when he retires

Had a chat with an insider on the coaching staff (yes Tito has his sources - believe it or not). Said the Fainu brothers are coming. Brooks is gone. Fulton is a knob and will destroy the club.
Long long time stalker and occasional poster. Based in Brisbane so rarely have any information to post.

However pre-origin was invited to attend a Sportsbet State of Origin dinner. Was seated next to long time Manly stalwart, premiership winner, NSW player etc. 10 beers deep and we chatted about a few things he had a bit of insider knowledge about:
- As has been widely reported talk inside the Manly club is the Fainu‘s are coming to the Tigers. Of note he said there was friction with the club because the family didn’t feel like the club provided adequate support during Manase’s legal issues.
- He said his impression and the majority of opinions shared with him indicate that Scott and Kristie Fulton were difficult personalities that don’t deserve the opportunities afforded to them. Said the Bozo Fulton was an incredible coach, but was a selfish operator and did everything he could to make sure his kids were looked after by the club.
- He specifically agreed with what is written above, that being Scott Fulton is a big negative for our club. I pressed on this and he said all Scott does is go out to the Western Suburbs and sign up all the gangsters. When I asked him what he meant by gangsters, he said Scott only cares about talent and does not consider character, work ethic or anything other than how they rip up an under 15s tournament.
- Schuster and both Fultons have had friction of the last two years and he can’t see Scott being a positive factor in his coming to the Tigers. Indicated his knowledge was that Josh Schuster was staying at Manly long term.

Obviously no idea how accurate this stuff is, only met the guy that night and have no idea if he was telling it to me straight or just talking garbage. Seemed like a stand up guy, personally I hope he is wrong about Scott Fulton, but I did leave feeling a bit flat about recruitment.

Did Pezet re-sign before Munster re-committed ?
Maybe he thought Munster was headed out for big $

Reactions: 851
He does and I still don't understand why he wants to stay in Melb and not take a top-grade chance for money and exposure. I could understand if their halves were old and close to retirement etc.. but both Hughes and Munster have like 6+ years at least left. I think he will regret it when he retires
if our kids r as good as they say,hope were spinning the same story.Winning culture helps,Munster Hughs will get slow put on weight,get shuffled into another position,your time will come kid

Pezet would no doubt be a great recruit, but I doubt he would be interested in leaving Melbourne even if it was for 700k per season.
I get the feeling Manly will try and offload Schuster to us even possibly offering to pay half his wage in return for Brooks, at least for the remainder of this season.
Surely we wouldn’t take Schuster, even for free.

Long long time stalker and occasional poster. Based in Brisbane so rarely have any information to post.

However pre-origin was invited to attend a Sportsbet State of Origin dinner. Was seated next to long time Manly stalwart, premiership winner, NSW player etc. 10 beers deep and we chatted about a few things he had a bit of insider knowledge about:
- As has been widely reported talk inside the Manly club is the Fainu‘s are coming to the Tigers. Of note he said there was friction with the club because the family didn’t feel like the club provided adequate support during Manase’s legal issues.
- He said his impression and the majority of opinions shared with him indicate that Scott and Kristie Fulton were difficult personalities that don’t deserve the opportunities afforded to them. Said the Bozo Fulton was an incredible coach, but was a selfish operator and did everything he could to make sure his kids were looked after by the club.
- He specifically agreed with what is written above, that being Scott Fulton is a big negative for our club. I pressed on this and he said all Scott does is go out to the Western Suburbs and sign up all the gangsters. When I asked him what he meant by gangsters, he said Scott only cares about talent and does not consider character, work ethic or anything other than how they rip up an under 15s tournament.
- Schuster and both Fultons have had friction of the last two years and he can’t see Scott being a positive factor in his coming to the Tigers. Indicated his knowledge was that Josh Schuster was staying at Manly long term.

Obviously no idea how accurate this stuff is, only met the guy that night and have no idea if he was telling it to me straight or just talking garbage. Seemed like a stand up guy, personally I hope he is wrong about Scott Fulton, but I did leave feeling a bit flat about recruitment.
Pretty much exactly what I've been told. He's right offside with most player managers and he and Tartak are empire building. They make Isaac Moses look like a missionary.

Pretty much exactly what I've been told. He's right offside with most player managers and he and Tartak are empire building. They make Isaac Moses look like a missionary.

So we go from once upon a time Moses having us by the balls to Tartak, gotta love how this club operates and constantly learns from its mistakes.

Given Tartak manages Benjis brother and managed benji towards the end of his career I doubt that Benji isn’t heavily across it all. Of course player managers have an influence but we still have lots of players with other managers so think all this stuff is overrated

Last edited:

I see it that Scott fulton managed to recruit better Western Sydney players to manly than what wests tigers could recruit.

Turbo and DCE are the force behind Manly but those "gangster" Western Sydney players help too.

The Western Sydney pathways to Manly has been an accomplishment for Scott fulton. See how Manly go without them.

Members online

Back