Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The dogs haven't done anything yet. Havent made the finals in 6 years, only saved from two consecutive spoons by f/a over the worst Broncos side ever.

Made a whole number of bad purchases in their first rebuild attempt that have cost them big money - Allan, Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington, Okunbor, Stimson, DWZ, Dufty, Thompson, TPJ, Naden, Trent Barrett. That's a lot of misfires in just 2 seasons.

Maybe they'll end up ok, but I've seen this approach all before from old Wests Tigers teams. Where are the local juniors, the valued-priced players that come through and build the side? Kiraz might be the only one? Schoupp already left. Averillo is passable.

So rather than crowing and carrying on the Dogs fans should just keep their heads down and mouths shut until they convert any of their big spending into anything like success. Dogs only won 7 games last season, lost 17; not even remotely competitive.
I remember the dogs under Dessie and Ralene Castle... heaps of crazy back ended salaries... took ages to recover from that.
How Castle got the top job for Wallibies I have no idea... she did her best to run them into the ground as well.

Why are tigers and Bulldogs fans looking at each other? Neither of our clubs are doing anything next year. Aren't there better clubs to look at for comparison? Recently sharks have turned club around. Cowboys too. How did they do it? How can we do similar? Our focus on the Bulldogs is weird, they're nothing. Even if they buy their way into the 8 it doesn't look sustainable: just look at Newcastle and gold coast.

That's not knocking the Bulldogs, it's just we seem to focus on them more than anyone else and even if we're considering teams in similar position to us, the dragons are a much more comperable club in terms of the club's standing as a second rate out of fashion club with a focus on junior talent and rejects from other clubs.

Anyway...

Got nothing against the dogs, I like their team and structure if we’re being real we all really wanted Ciraldo and then we didn’t get him now we’re all pretending like we dodged a bullet - let’s call a spade a spade he rejected us and they outplayed us there

However from a recruitment perspective, I think we’re both equally on the rise and I prefer us two Western Sydney teams battling it out instead of Parra and Penrith as our fanbases are as passionate as anyone’s and have been battling a lot recently

Roster wise in terms of fit around Moses I’d argue we’re better more so as it’ll all be played through Moses (as a half this is what you want, full control over the attack with a good running 6) and playing in the halves with his best mate (someone he knows very well) compare that to Papalili and his combo this year that took them to the GF, also understanding what Api did for Cleary/NSW and the space it’ll create for him too with new forwards coming in like Bateman, Klemmer and potentially Nathan Brown and that’s just what we’re bringing in let alone our squad as it is already - whereas at the dogs it’ll be shared between both him and Burton (both very ball dominant) with a 9 who’s coming off a pretty poor year too

Coaching wise I reckon Moses would prefer to play under his childhood hero in Benji knowing how close the pair are with Sheens there too.... as both Benji and Ciraldo are unproven

Financially I also believe we’ll offer more, people keep talking about dogs TPA’s but I’ve been told the club are also inserting some pretty hefty TPA’s too which triumph the dogs offer - also factoring in how Moses right now is our priority while Dogs are still trying to retain Burton and also trying to actively nab Crichton with FB money

It’ll be tight as there’s pros and cons for both teams - I hope he comes here but Dogs are a threat much like we are to them.... hopefully Shifty Sheens gets 1-1 with Gould

Why are tigers and Bulldogs fans looking at each other? Neither of our clubs are doing anything next year. Aren't there better clubs to look at for comparison? Recently sharks have turned club around. Cowboys too. How did they do it? How can we do similar? Our focus on the Bulldogs is weird, they're nothing. Even if they buy their way into the 8 it doesn't look sustainable: just look at Newcastle and gold coast.

That's not knocking the Bulldogs, it's just we seem to focus on them more than anyone else and even if we're considering teams in similar position to us, the dragons are a much more comperable club in terms of the club's standing as a second rate out of fashion club with a focus on junior talent and rejects from other clubs.

Anyway...

I feel the Dogs fans have come after us for some reason, I have no idea why. I’m seeing it a lot on social media, seemingly unprovoked. Like I said previously they are overly cocky for a club that finished below us 5 of the past 6 years.

New 3rd party deal from the Eels?

Should add, looks like a great family car!
If it's a 3rd party deal it should have nothing to do with the slimy eels, it should be independent of any club and is attached to the player not the club.

Mitch could quite easily drive it right on over to Concord, or Belmore for that matter.

Would love to see those slimy eels squirm if that happened.

No offence mate but your confidence level appears permanently stuck at 5%.
None taken...
I am extremely confident we are heading up and will be in the top 8 come 2024 and think the club has done an outstanding job with this off season recruitment.
IF we were to pull off the Moses deal fore either 23 or 24 that would be icing on the cake but I just go off past history when Gus is involved and thats why I'm not confident.. Regardless of what others say I also believe we are in a far better position then the dogs even though we got the spoon..

Disagree CCat.

Nofoaluma was one of the only marketable players atbthe time he resigned.

AD is recognised by commentators etc as one of our best players. A hard worker and apparently loyal. I don't blame him for looking across at others on bigger salaries and asking for an upgrade.
Well then you agree with my heckler. ;)

But yes Nofo was one of only a few Marketable tigers at the time. I don't think people will disagree, as a winger:
He crosses the line (4 times in international football in one game).
His defence sucks.

I wanted us to re-sign him (resign and re-sign why on earth are they so similar?), then I saw the 500k for 5 year price tag. :(

That's all my point is. I think Nofo is a great try scorer yet I recognise the liability he is in defence and we have not been able to coach it out or make up for this weakness.
We should not sign a player like that for 5 years at top coin!!

Is he one of our "good" players? Mixed bag... Marketable for sure, risky for sure. Asking for 500k for 5 years when your a defensive hole for your team is highly arrogant and we would be well within our rights to turf him.

AD, I take your point. He has worked hard and when 2022 was a disappointment he disappointed less then some. Still look at what he is asking. A boost from 500 -> 550 or 600 would be reasonable. A boost too 800-900k when your playing like he is, Total joke. We can't pay overs for unders.

Well then you agree with my heckler. ;)

But yes Nofo was one of only a few Marketable tigers at the time. I don't think people will disagree, as a winger:
He crosses the line (4 times in international football in one game).
His defence sucks.

I wanted us to re-sign him (resign and re-sign why on earth are they so similar?), then I saw the 500k for 5 year price tag. :(

That's all my point is. I think Nofo is a great try scorer yet I recognise the liability he is in defence and we have not been able to coach it out or make up for this weakness.
We should not sign a player like that for 5 years at top coin!!

Is he one of our "good" players? Mixed bag... Marketable for sure, risky for sure. Asking for 500k for 5 years when your a defensive hole for your team is highly arrogant and we would be well within our rights to turf him.

AD, I take your point. He has worked hard and when 2022 was a disappointment he disappointed less then some. Still look at what he is asking. A boost from 500 -> 550 or 600 would be reasonable. A boost too 800-900k when your playing like he is, Total joke. We can't pay overs for unders.
I hope Nofo gets released. He’s shit

Latest posts

Back