Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can guarantee if we played the Parramatta game last week Maguire doesn't get fired. Whether you think he was the best coach or not you are kidding yourself if you can't see the strongest clubs move on players that are not performing and back their coach. All we keep doing is demonstrating that we talk the talk and never follow through. Removing Maguire doesn't resolve the weaknesses, just keeps justifies why players don't buy into our system.
I agree with the sentiment , but look at the roosters . Sacked Stuart , Murray , Fittler , Brian smith whilst at thier peak for most of it . The got Robbo , and he has become a Bellamy type figure there for sure , but prior to Gould , and after him , there was definitely a revolving door there .
But stability is best . Bennett , Bellamy , Gould at the roosters, Cleary now , even Sticky at the raiders .
I think the key to that , is all those coaches had grand final success very early and sustaned success . So when it all went bad , there was patience because of trust .
Sheens had it here as well . He lost more often than he won , he just had the runs on the board .
And it looks like the cache earned from the rabbits GF win had well and truely worn off by now .

Right, So out of the 30 blokes on the roster - Their best player was the one they couldn't keep?

The word is he also dragged them to a grand final....
Every club has issues regarding Salary Cap, BUT you keep your best player....

Especially if he single handedly drags you to a grand final.
Ask Salford

Exactly . I don’t even think Ciraldo is the answer and Flanagan scares me as well .
To me it’s either Kristian Wolfe , purely on the fact he’s not sitting on the sideline , and he’s winning titles . It’s just it’s in an inferior league , so there’s that .
Or …. And this won’t happen because it’s pure madness , but right up the sheenius alley , hire the walker brothers . That style fits right into what the tigers culture really is . Attacking flair and lots of fun . But that’s a crazy idea I know , and is a massive swing for the fences
No way to Walker brothers. Their teams can't defend.

No itl be Ciraldo or Morris. Happy with either.

100% Madge was not the right coach for us, I said at the time of his signing that Souths sacked him for a reason, a reason we conveniently overlooked. And Matterson who was our best player in Madge's first year, walked because of Madge, the writing was on the wall early, we just kept looking the other way as we slid down the table. We can't afford to hire another JT or Madge type again, we need to get it right this time
Welcome back 851.

cant wait till a jerno ask Jacko if he will stay or follow Madge , I think he may move on if given the chance to go
Madge has to land a job first I reakon he will take a year off and focus on the World Cup and of we are playing well and things are going to plan with papalli and appi here I carnt see him wanting to leave

100% Madge was not the right coach for us, I said at the time of his signing that Souths sacked him for a reason, a reason we conveniently overlooked. And Matterson who was our best player in Madge's first year, walked because of Madge, the writing was on the wall early, we just kept looking the other way as we slid down the table. We can't afford to hire another JT or Madge type again, we need to get it right this time
Been a while 851, so hope things are well.

Reactions: 851
I remember when Sheens disappointed us all in 2006 when he signed Scott Prince’s replacement, a hooker called John Morris when everyone was expecting a genuine half.

I can see history repeating itself where most are hoping for Ciraldo, we might end up with Morris.

I remember when Sheens disappointed us all in 2006 when he signed Scott Prince’s replacement, a hooker called John Morris when everyone was expecting a genuine half.

I can see history repeating itself where most are hoping for Ciraldo, we might end up with Morris.
Morris was playing 5/8 when we signed him.

Morris was the only player nobody knew,by himself in a corner when WT beat stormz at Blue tounge stadium in d day Lawrence still in the centers.kids mixing with them all,hrs after the game.think i sqealed when assistant Kearney got on the bus.

Nah, didn't you hear?

According to some of the halfwits on here, we have Alex Seyfarth and Luke Garner. The personifications of aggression, skill and winning mentality.

Why would we need an Origin rep player in a position we are desperately lacking in?
Last time I checked, it doesn’t matter what the halfwits think. They don’t preside over retention/recruitment.

Latest posts

Back