Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

T
And therein lies the problem with TPAs and the NRL sticking their head in the sand. Laundy shouldn't be anywhere near organising TPAs. They have let Uncle Nick get away with it for so long that is now regarded as the norm.
Third party payments organised by the club should be completely band it makes no sense why have a salary cap but let the club get the player extra guaranteed money? Third party payments and sponsorships should all be on the players to organise

T

Third party payments organised by the club should be completely band it makes no sense why have a salary cap but let the club get the player extra guaranteed money? Third party payments and sponsorships should all be on the players to organise
Thats how its meant to be - up to the player and manger to organise and no TPA can be used as an inducement to play for a certain club. We all know that a load of rubbish - i even believe the NRL knows its a load of rubbish but turn a blind eye because they haven't got a clue how to police it.

Xavier savage is in reserve grade for a reason, yes he is fast, but like many young players he has errors in him and some silly errors. If you saw him in the trials at Leichhardt this year I counted 9 unforced errors he made and the game had 10 mins to go. He is there for a reason. Errors have consequences in the top grade.

T

The NRL has danced around the so called 'brown paper bag' issue for years.
It's strange that they introduced the salary cap and other rules like no using mobile phones in dressing sheds etc to make it an more even comp, BUT it's never going to be a level playing field when TPA are involved.
Unless you have access to players bank accounts and phones and look at their assets, you'll never control equality.
You could scrap the Salary Cap and TPA's, allow performance enhancing drugs and allow it to be a free for all. Could work but 💩
With no $ restraints, clubs less finacial will die and you'll be left with 6 super clubs all full of marque type players.
You would then have promotion and relegation come into play.
Several clubs could be forced to become joint ventures like we did to survive relegation or relocation.
Taking this all in to consideration, I would sooner put up with the crap currently on offer and hope we can snag some huge sponsor and attract some quality players rather than die or be in another division or Perth!

Quite funny how Momirovski is applauded as a top quality centre by Tigers fans and after 5 games Roosters fans are calling for his head
Don’t kid yourself, the back 5 for the Roosters by the end of the year will most likely be
Tedesco, Tupou, Suali, Manu, Smith. (Smith and Suali may rotate)

What's doing with Reece Walsh? Rumours are that he wants to live in Australia and has a get-out clause in his contract...

He's a competitor and originally from Keebra Park (Benji's old school). Ideally, Ponga goes to Dolphin's and we throw our hat in the ring for Walsh.

9. Api
7. Brooks/Hastings
6. Douehi/Laurie
1. Walsh

What's doing with Reece Walsh? Rumours are that he wants to live in Australia and has a get-out clause in his contract...

He's a competitor and originally from Keebra Park (Benji's old school). Ideally, Ponga goes to Dolphin's and we throw our hat in the ring for Walsh.

9. Api
7. Brooks/Hastings
6. Douehi/Laurie
1. Walsh
Doesn't Walsh with me 🤣

9. Api
7. Brooks/Hastings
6. Douehi/Laurie
1. Walsh
Its not Australia, he wants to stay in Qld. So put the red pen through him.

Dogs want Lids
Dindnt Dogs get Reed Mahoney at big $$??No future there for Lids
Its a bit of a shame as hes evolved into a servicable 9 but not good enuff to move us forward..hence API.
Personally I think Simpkin is too slow for the position,and his passing isnt good enuff to be NRL quality.Bit of a one trick pony ,which is well recognised at this leve
We need one of them as a back up next year(but not both)...suspect both will ask for a release,and if so sure hope Sheens is a little more flexible than he was with Brooks

Thats how its meant to be - up to the player and manger to organise and no TPA can be used as an inducement to play for a certain club. We all know that a load of rubbish - i even believe the NRL knows its a load of rubbish but turn a blind eye because they haven't got a clue how to police it.
They'd need to hire (a team of) forensic accountants and change some rules (and penalties) around financial disclosures.

Likely in the 'too hard' basket. Also very likely they don't really care.

Also brings the risk of a single player/player manager completely destroying a club for a season.

Why doesn't the NRL reveal salaries, TPAs and the clubs financial figures. Every other professional sport does.

As a WT member, I’ve essentially bought stocks in the club to support our team, and as a member I should know where my money is being spent.

That goes for our management and the players.

The salary cap will always be breakable. The draft system is superior in every aspect to the cap system. Even if the cap was respected and there were no TPAs, winning teams would still have an advantage in signing contracts because players prefer to be on winning teams. The draft allows bottom teams to get fresh prospects and build dynasties from nothing.

Why doesn't the NRL reveal salaries, TPAs and the clubs financial figures. Every other professional sport does.

As a WT member, I’ve essentially bought stocks in the club to support our team, and as a member I should know where my money is being spent.

That goes for our management and the players.

Your money was spent on attending the game and the goods drop China you get

Your money was spent on attending the game and the goods drop China you gebut that wasn’t my point.
Sadly that’s the truth.

The NRL should be transparent about all club finances and player TPAs.

Without transparency there will never be a level playing field and certain clubs will continue to rort the system.

Sadly that’s the truth.

The NRL should be transparent about all club finances and player TPAs.

Without transparency there will never be a level playing field and certain clubs will continue to rort the system.
While we have the current system there will never be anything that resembles a level playing field. The cap is impossible to police, there is 101 ways to cheat the system and I guess all clubs are doing it, but the better clubs are far more attractive to players than the bottom clubs.

Sadly the biggest problem is lack of real talent, so demand out strips supply by some margin. If say there was 25 no6’s of Munsters ability, every team would have one and they would not cost a million dollars.

Anyway while The NRL is being run by a few self interested power brokers nothing will change

Back