Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@tigertone said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421156) said:
There are players off contract we can make a play for now and I think we should. They might not be big names , but being stuck behind The Big Name Players at their current respective clubs , will have them hungry to get a contract away from that club and join a club where they can show their worth and play NRL Footy more than what they are now.

Juddah Turahui Melbourne Storm
Darryn Schonig Melbourne Storm
Jack Gosieswski Manly Seaeagles
Billy Smith Roosters
Egan Butcher Roosters
Murray Taulagi Cowboys
Enari Tuala Newcastle Knights
Gehamat Shibasaki Newcastle Knights
Isaac Lumelume Melbourne Storm
Dean Ieremia Melbourne Storm
Max King Melbourne Storm

Interested to see what people think.

Out of that list I’d be going for Billy Smith , Egan Butcher and Max King and it’s not because they are the only names I can pronounce

@goanna57 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421124) said:
@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421082) said:
@goanna57 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421066) said:
@the_patriot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420986) said:
@bones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420983) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420898) said:
@bones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420891) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420876) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420871) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420866) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420863) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420831) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420830) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420824) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420822) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420820) said:
@telltails said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420808) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420786) said:
@hearse said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420785) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420783) said:
@cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420485) said:
People’s thoughts on this guy
Off contract at the end of the year
Good replacement for BJ and Roberts

Sharks fans call him "Shitroti".

Yep rubbish. Slow as a pregnant wombat. We are eyeing up Okunbor

Just as bad. He’s shite

Surely no truth to Okunbor. Bulldogs have the worst backline in the competition and he can hardly make the FG side.

The only signings we’re likely to sign will be other clubs discards, so Okunbor makes sense (unless another club shows mild interest)

You do realise TPJ is another club's discard right? As is Corey Allan, as well as Kyle Flanagan.

So what did I say was wrong?

Well aren't you criticising the club for getting other club's discards but also saying how awesome the dogs recruitment plan is?

JAC and Burton aren’t discards. And TPJ wants out (and the Broncos are obliging).

Dogs recruitment has been proactive and Gould is an excellent appointment. If the signings gel they’ll be a vastly superior team to this year.

We’re more of a known quantity. With the exception of a couple of ESL players we’ve signed no one. We can go into another season without any expectation.

TPJ doesn't want out, Broncos are so happy for him to leave, they'll be paying part of his salary next year.

They will need to be vastly superior because as bad as we're going, they are EIGHT points behind us.

We're not finished yet. Laurie signed with us in November. AD signed in January. Be Patient.

Patient is a word that needs to be banned. We’ve been waiting since 2011. Stick your patience.

Cool, that's the Bulldogs plan and our plan in 2017. Lets see how it works for the Bulldogs.

How do you think our plan of signing no NRL players will work out?

When we signed Stefano and Laurie they weren’t NRL players either. The approach we have taken is far lower risk than the Bulldogs, but will also take time to pay dividends.

The only real class signings they have is Burton and JAC who is a winger. They are spending lots of money on guys with big question marks over them, much like we did a few seasons back. It might work, it might not, but what we are building will funnel players to our NRL squad for years to come.

Laurie and Stefano are solid hands, no doubt. But they aren’t players that are going to catapult us into contenders. When you are reduced to having to buy players at pauper prices, you are always bound to find a diamond. The only problem is, they aren’t good enough to do it on theor own

No they aren’t, but you pick up 2 or 3 of those guys every year and you build the squad and work your way up the ladder. It’s pretty much the way the Panthers got to where they are. It’s not the fast route but it’s more sustainable than spending big $.

I understand why people are over waiting, but the last thing I want to see is the club end up crippled again by panic buying.

Well said.

That's the truth of the issue. Emotion removed.

It's a long road but the only road we have. Unless we get lucky and someone falls into our lap.

Why is it the only road we have , why should we rely on luck . It’s about this clubs inability to recruit quality players

Its the only road because previous coaches not only ruined our reputation but they also favoured paying overs for ageing recruits over building our junior pathways.

We are now in a position where junior development is the most realistic way back to the finals. Luck is required to convince a quality player to join what from the outside looking in appears a very poorly run club.

If either Cleary or Taylor had taken a long term approach we wouldnt be in this position. We would be a year or two ahead of ourselves on this rebuild and would be a more attractive proposition for players who come on to the market like JAC and TPJ.

Its just the reality of where this club is at.

Im not about to blame the recruitment team for not being able to sign players. That blame falls on Cleary and Taylor.

So in 2021 it’s still the 2 previous coaches fault we couldn’t land Latrell, JAC, TPJ even though we made 2 of them good offers

Good offers, not necessarily the best offers. Mitchell is probably the only one who we could confidently say took a lesser offer than ours.

As nice as it would be to get JAC back who knows what promises and money was offered to get him to Belmore. And that's a 4 year deal for a speed winger who turns 26 next year. Maybe it turns out great. Or maybe you have a 30 year old winger who's dropped his pace being one of your highest paid players.

I would take most of the dogs back rowers over Garner.

Jackson, Elliot. RFM, Stimson, Waddell, Atoni. I am sure if I keep looking down their depth chart I might find someone at Garner's level

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421034) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420917) said:
@djg-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420912) said:
Wait till Tim Sheens comes along..

I am more than sure he has a wild, aggressive front rower or two from England that he's been looking at...

A mystery prop perhaps ?

Aaron Woods perhaps

![images.jpeg-3.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1626749726438-images.jpeg-3.jpg)

@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421211) said:
I would take most of the dogs back rowers over Garner.

Jackson, Elliot. RFM, Stimson, Waddell, Atoni. I am sure if I keep looking down their depth chart I might find someone at Garner's level

Yep, am a fan of Jackson.

Myself and most others, have been dissapointed in missing out on some key signings. The club has only really put in keen offers on a very few. There has to be a logic to this, their are some smart brains in this club. When we look at our forwards, bar a couple they are very young, and have the potential to be an excellent pack, plus a couple more coming through. We will need money to retain them.
The halves, with Brooks, AD, and Hastings coming, and Madden a year older look solid, plus a few kids in Flegg with a lot of potential. The outside backs, are still our biggest weakness, Gildart being our only buy for next year, I can't believe Hartigan isn't working overtime on this, but there is little on offer. I do expect some signing from other clubs junior ranks to fill this void in the backs.
Re- Mbye, we have plenty of dollars still to spend, and it might be better to keep him for next year, to enable us to have his $900,000 space availiable in 2023, though it hurts me to say it.

@sleeve said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421228) said:
Myself and most others, have been dissapointed in missing out on some key signings. The club has only really put in keen offers on a very few. There has to be a logic to this, their are some smart brains in this club. When we look at our forwards, bar a couple they are very young, and have the potential to be an excellent pack, plus a couple more coming through. We will need money to retain them.
The halves, with Brooks, AD, and Hastings coming, and Madden a year older look solid, plus a few kids in Flegg with a lot of potential. The outside backs, are still our biggest weakness, **Gildart being our only buy for next year**, I can't believe Hartigan isn't working overtime on this, but there is little on offer. I do expect some signing from other clubs junior ranks to fill this void in the backs.
Re- Mbye, we have plenty of dollars still to spend, and it might be better to keep him for next year, to enable us to have his $900,000 space availiable in 2023, though it hurts me to say it.

Only signing, so far?

@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421191) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421187) said:
I can't believe any has even considered Okunbor for a second. He's slower than Talau and Kepaoa. He's got errors, and poor defence and topping it off he's got a screw loose off the field too.

I wouldnt offer him a contract for ron massey cup

He just re-signed with the bulldogs

Best thing to happen to us all week

@conepuncher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1419465) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1417744) said:
The stories abd rumours around what he did when he was at the storm would lead me to say NO, NO , NO. If ever their was to be a no dickhead rule then this would be the one to implement it on

What are the rumours?

http://the81stminute.com/2020/01/ex-girlfriend-posts-cryptic-message-online-after-curtis-scott-arrest/

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420818) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420784) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420745) said:
@hearse said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420742) said:
@seant said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420728) said:
Bulldogs forum going on about how were in depression about TPJ and that we are a shit club. I hope they continue saying that at the end of the season with the wooden spoon in one hand ????

Jokes on them. They’ve just pissed away the best part of a million bucks a year on an unpredictable hack of a forward. We could spend the equivalent amount of money on poaching Lewis, Waddell and Okunbor from under their noses.

We will have the last laugh in this saga.

Keep telling yourself that mate

Mate Bulldogs have won less games in the last two seasons than Tigers have won in 2021 alone, and the consensus is Tigers are having a bad year.

Bulldogs have no position to be crowing or carrying on; they've been an absolute shambles on and off field for several seasons now.

Whatever you think about the Bulldogs for 2022, there hasn't been a ball kicked or tackle made yet, so you can only crow after the results have actually come in. I am sure Titans fans were tempted to crow last year about their 2021 fortunes, and they've done bugger-all with the huge signings they pulled off.

How do you think the Tigers are looking for 2022?

Alright. I said it start of 2021 - Tigers have a finals-capable roster. They just need the majority of players to be in good form at the same time, for a decent period of time. The talent is there. The points are there. Defence is a mindset.

I think we are quite far off the Top 4 because of our inability to regularly compete (stick) in challenging matches and that will continue to be the case until we build more mental toughness or have a breakthrough player (either a junior get to Origin level or a new signing).

I think we will be much better off for a full season of competition, then another pre-season, for the young blokes like Stefano, Laurie, Blore etc. I am optimistic about some of the options in the lower grades including Tuliagi, Simpkin, Tuki. I think Amone still has something to offer. I think there are another promising crop of kids the next level down - Tumeth, Mavoni Tuifua, Iverson Fuatimau, Ogden, Fonua Pole.

I am interested to see what Hastings can provide and I think he's a direct replacement for Moses Mbye's role as a utility, though I wouldn't be surprised if he starts at #13 a la Cameron Murray. I don't have any information on Gildart but I have low expectations.

I think Adam Doueihi is on the verge of becoming a very special player, Origin-level player, if not for some very serious incumbent talent in the NSW backline ahead of him.

Pangai to Bulldogs over the Tigers 🤯
This club is giving me a massive headache just thinking about it
We suck at playing
We suck at recruiting
If we miss finals madge will be gone
In fact if we get smashed this weekend I would say Madges time would be over
He would be the 1st casualty of our season
I have read rumours we are looking at Flanagan
Maybe we have already talked
That probably means we may be looking at Kyle
Crazy I know, but you just never know with this club
If not Kyle then Pearce

@cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421296) said:
We suck at playing
We suck at recruiting
If not Kyle then Pearce

NO. Madge will STAY. He loves the club and i WOULD BACK HIM.

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420867) said:

Just as bad. He’s shite

Surely no truth to Okunbor. Bulldogs have the worst backline in the competition and he can hardly make the FG side.

The only signings we’re likely to sign will be other clubs discards, so Okunbor makes sense (unless another club shows mild interest)

You do realise TPJ is another club's discard right? As is Corey Allan, as well as Kyle Flanagan.

Well aren't you criticising the club for getting other club's discards but also saying how awesome the dogs recruitment plan is?

JAC and Burton aren’t discards. And TPJ wants out (and the Broncos are obliging).

Dogs recruitment has been proactive and Gould is an excellent appointment. If the signings gel they’ll be a vastly superior team to this year.

We’re more of a known quantity. With the exception of a couple of ESL players we’ve signed no one. We can go into another season without any expectation.

TPJ doesn't want out, Broncos are so happy for him to leave, they'll be paying part of his salary next year.

They will need to be vastly superior because as bad as we're going, they are EIGHT points behind us.

We're not finished yet. Laurie signed with us in November. AD signed in January. Be Patient.

Lol be patient? I’m a tigers fan, I’ve been waiting 10 years for these idiots to turn it around.

Literally none of the current idiots were at the Tigers when you started your 10-year wait. It was a different bunch of idiots.

@cairnstigers said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1421296) said:
We suck at playing
We suck at recruiting
If not Kyle then Pearce

I think you need to calm down and take a breath, I don't think Madge will be going anywhere in the foreseeable future, do you really want Flannagan here?

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420882) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420874) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420870) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420866) said:

Just as bad. He’s shite

Patient is a word that needs to be banned. We’ve been waiting since 2011. Stick your patience.

People are so used to losing on here it’s almost become accepted.

Nothing wrong with that, I know I am. You probably are too, it’s expected at this point. As I have said before though, I remember telling people to be patient in 2014. What happens if still haven’t made the finals by 2025-26, are there still going to be some who scold others for not being patient. What a BS term to use on supporters who haven’t seen finals for 10 years, and only 3 years in 21.

I’m over being patient and accepting losing every year. It’s just one cock up after another with this club. They’re embarrassing.

Then stop following the side. That's your only other option. Truly, a fan can piss and moan about everything the club does, big or small, all the way from recruitment down to haircuts, but it doesn't really achieve anything.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420888) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420880) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420877) said:
@avocadoontoast @GNR4LIFE
Spot on. This place is so used to mediocrity. Mentality needs to change. We would be wetting ourselves if we signed Burton and fox for nxt yr.
Think about it, we are less attractive than the Bulldogs. The old cap cheating, pisshead mad Monday having, sex scandals with schoolgirl Bulldogs.

Look at the top 4. How many players have they signed for 800k+ in the last few years?

Souths - Jai Arrow, LM
Parra - RCG, Matterson

Maybe not on the 800k mark, but they are quality that we can’t attract. Let’s just stick to our signing nobodies from the ESL

You do realise we signed Ryan Matterson first, right?

What about the truly top sides - Storm and Penrith. Not the pretenders in 3rd and 4th.

@rowdy12 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420894) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420880) said:
@pj said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1420877) said:
@avocadoontoast @GNR4LIFE
Spot on. This place is so used to mediocrity. Mentality needs to change. We would be wetting ourselves if we signed Burton and fox for nxt yr.
Think about it, we are less attractive than the Bulldogs. The old cap cheating, pisshead mad Monday having, sex scandals with schoolgirl Bulldogs.

Look at the top 4. How many players have they signed for 800k+ in the last few years?

There was an article a year or ago showing that souths and the roosters had signed more current origin players then the rest of the comp combined over the last 10 years. So I’d say quiet a few

Did Roosters and Souths sign Origin players, or did they sign players who became Origin players whilst at the club?

Latest posts

Staff online

Back