Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@bobmate said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390786) said:
Would be great if tpj signs but not getting my hopes up until it's on the clubs site

Correct, however, I would not hold my breath. God willing, we will continue signing players we need.:pray:

@russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390562) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390257) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390253) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390245) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390235) said:
@tigertuff said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390226) said:
If Madge thinks Tpj is what we need than he is more dillusional than I thought. The guy is a myth. He is ill disciplined ,lazy and goes missing when counted on. We need guys that work hard with effort on effort 100% of the time. Players like Seyfarth even though he is still a work in progress. What is the fascination with bone heads and Madge. I hope this is just paper talk.

Disagree totally. Tigers have always had reliable workers and it has got us nowhere. Players like Twal, Tamou, Seyfarth, Ava, Suaso Sue, Garner, Woods, etc etc etc. We have always needed and still need an impact forward and TPJ definitely has that potential, as does IMO Stef, Mikaele and maybe Amone. Good pack has a combination.

All those guys with the exception of Woods in his prime ***are just role players.*** If we’re signing TPJ as our pack leader I’m afraid it’s another poor decision. The fact he’s already likely suspended for a crusher should be a pretty good indicator.

You hit the nail on the head. ALL of our pack, now and historically could be described as "role players". TPJ is not being signed as a pack leader. He is being signed to hit an edge hard, rip and tear and get an offload away, He is a potential impact second rower that can do damage that we have not had before or since Ellis.

Add Finucane too and I’d be all for it.

That would be a NO from me....he's a light of other days.

Needs to get his superannuation payout, somewhere else . Just my opinion.

He’ll be fighting over the TV remote when he’s 80. Blokes a competitor.

@inbenjiwetrust said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390730) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390690) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390675) said:
@supercoach said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390667) said:
@bigsiro said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390608) said:
@tigertragic83 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390592) said:
@bbobb said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390402) said:
Interesting comments about TPJ. At his best he would walk into any side in the competition including the Storm and Panthers.

He has had some on and off field indiscretions and that is a concern but I think the off field stuff comes from living in the fishbowl that is Brisbane. Sydney will give him a bit of anonymity and that could work in his favour.

From a footy point of view, he is playiing in a broken team and really can’t show his best until they fix the halves issue. I have watched him a bit this season, and thought for the most part that he has tried but has been used as a bit of a battering ram as opposed to an Edge runner. I think he will do much better away from the middle.

Still only relatively young, we have seen his upside, plenty of skill with ball in hand, would not be overly expensive yet with plenty of experience. It’s a yes from me

This Signing could be the big one. A lot of our current block plays don't come off because garner although good doesn't attract defenders. Pangai would suck in at least 2 and create overlaps for Laurie to exploit. Not to mention both big luch and pangai doubling up down a middle play and barging over the line

Absolutely stoked. That forward pack suddenly looks intimidating

Why are you stoked at this stage? have we even made a play for him?

They did not fly up to Brisvagas a couple of weeks ago to check out the scenery. They have made a play, but I think there will be a few more teams interested now and we have a crapy record at auctions. The Chooks if they want him would be red hot favourites and don’t rule out the Sharks, Flopper Fitzgibbon comes from the school, where you don’t build a side….you buy it

Agree... I am not confident at all and we all know how this end....
Headline will be - Tigers miss out again on main target....

also to get in early if we do not sign him then we have missed out on him he has gone elsewhere he has a better offer. We have made a play if he signs elsewhere and we get wind and withdraw our offer it still means he has rejected us
Some on here seem to think you can pull an offer off the table and it means we never wanted him etc
JAC
Latrell

@jedi_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390690) said:
Interesting comments about TPJ. At his best he would walk into any side in the competition including the Storm and Panthers.

He has had some on and off field indiscretions and that is a concern but I think the off field stuff comes from living in the fishbowl that is Brisbane. Sydney will give him a bit of anonymity and that could work in his favour.

From a footy point of view, he is playiing in a broken team and really can’t show his best until they fix the halves issue. I have watched him a bit this season, and thought for the most part that he has tried but has been used as a bit of a battering ram as opposed to an Edge runner. I think he will do much better away from the middle.

Still only relatively young, we have seen his upside, plenty of skill with ball in hand, would not be overly expensive yet with plenty of experience. It’s a yes from me

This Signing could be the big one. A lot of our current block plays don't come off because garner although good doesn't attract defenders. Pangai would suck in at least 2 and create overlaps for Laurie to exploit. Not to mention both big luch and pangai doubling up down a middle play and barging over the line

They did not fly up to Brisvagas a couple of weeks ago to check out the scenery. They have made a play, but I think there will be a few more teams interested now and we have a crapy record at auctions. The Chooks if they want him would be red hot favourites and don’t rule out the Sharks, Flopper Fitzgibbon comes from the school, where you don’t build a side….you buy it

also to get in early if we do not sign him then we have missed out on him he has gone elsewhere he has a better offer. We have made a play if he signs elsewhere and we get wind and withdraw our offer it still means he has rejected us
Some on here seem to think you can pull an offer off the table and it means we never wanted him etc
JAC
Latrell

The people cried: sign a marque!
Now we have a chance to sign one of the best young props in the NRL, and some go "Nah", but remember we did not sign Fatrell and JAC? Please explain:thinking_face:

Not a prop IMO

@nelson said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390734) said:
I'd be happy with TPJ. I think he has it in him to be even more destructive than Kikau on an edge and he's mobile enough that he shouldn't be a defensive liability out there (provided we can get him staying focused throughout the game).

He's not just potential either, he has been one of the dominant forwards in the game at various points over the last few years. His ceiling is known, it is high and he has not been performing all that far from it at times this year. If the staff can get him to perform at that level consistently then we'll have the game breaker we need in the forwards. Worth a shot.

And unlike a JTJ, still young with his best years ahead.

@tigerskins said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390760) said:
Kodi Nikorima wants to stay in Aust and not return to NZ for next season due his partner being home sick for Aust .. :thinking_face:

Hmmm .. thoughts .. ??

Would take him for 6 if Mbye leaves.

we have Hastings coming, no to nikorima
TPJis good player just what we need on an edge, this may be the one where we finally get our man
only downside to TPJ is his record at judiciary is not flash and he sails close to the wind could be one of these players who is suspended every third week.
The team needs this type of signing though hope Roosters don't beat us to it

@tigervinnie said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390756) said:
Our team has been crying out for second phase play for years. TPJ brings exactly that - makes 7 or so offloads a game! Also brings a reputable name to the list (I know lack of marquee signings are everyone's favourite topic here)

Broncos are currently using him as a battling ram, if we play him the same way we do with LL, early ball let him choose to run or pass he can become a massive weapon for us. Has the skills and size to do both.

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

That's some serious strike, add in Blore, Stefano, Seyfarth, Amone. Mix it up with the no frills players like Twal and Tamou and thats a very well rounded pack.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/06/18/judiciary-report-round-15/

Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai is facing an extended stint on the sidelines after he was charged by the Match Review Committee following his side's heavy defeat to South Sydney.

Pangai Junior was cited for a Grade One Crusher Tackle on Rabbitohs forward Cameron Murray, with three prior non-similar offences and one prior similar offence in the past two years adding a heavy loading to the base charge.

Pangai Junior will miss the next three matches with an early guilty plea, while the Tongan international stands to miss the next four games if he unsuccessfully fights the charge.

So IF TPJ signs with us do we think he will get a starting spot straight away? And if so do we think he will replace garner and will he goto the bench and knock someone like blore too nsw cup or will garner go to nsw cup (KOE).

After he serves suspension also I should add

@carltonleach said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390865) said:
So IF TPJ signs with us do we think he will get a starting spot straight away? And if so do we think he will replace garner and will he goto the bench and knock someone like blore too nsw cup or will garner go to nsw cup (KOE).

I would think Garner to bench and Amone would be the one to drop off?

No point in signing TPJ if the club doesn't see him as an upgrade on Garner TBH. Backrow is a position we are light in and need to upgrade. Garner is a fill in, in a good side not a starter every week. Any buy should replace him immediately.

@tigerwest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390848) said:
Our team has been crying out for second phase play for years. TPJ brings exactly that - makes 7 or so offloads a game! Also brings a reputable name to the list (I know lack of marquee signings are everyone's favourite topic here)

Broncos are currently using him as a battling ram, if we play him the same way we do with LL, early ball let him choose to run or pass he can become a massive weapon for us. Has the skills and size to do both.

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

That's some serious strike, add in Blore, Stefano, Seyfarth, Amone. Mix it up with the no frills players like Twal and Tamou and thats a very well rounded pack.

Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai is facing an extended stint on the sidelines after he was charged by the Match Review Committee following his side's heavy defeat to South Sydney.

Pangai Junior was cited for a Grade One Crusher Tackle on Rabbitohs forward Cameron Murray, with three prior non-similar offences and one prior similar offence in the past two years adding a heavy loading to the base charge.

Pangai Junior will miss the next three matches with an early guilty plea, while the Tongan international stands to miss the next four games if he unsuccessfully fights the charge.

OK now THAT is weird posting about TPJ charges if he isnt coming. IMO its as close to confirmation as is possible without confirming it.

If he doesnt come here, I'll join the "this club is incompetent" chorus.

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390881) said:

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

OK now THAT is weird posting about TPJ charges if he isnt coming. IMO its as close to confirmation as is possible without confirming it.

pretty sure the media team upload a similar article every week, its just coincidence TPJ has been cited.

Wherever he goes he will start without any shadow of doubt

@jrtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390886) said:

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

pretty sure the media team upload a similar article every week, its just coincidence TPJ has been cited.

Every player from every other club?

@tiger5150 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390888) said:

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

Yes, it looks like he is the only one cited atm, being the first game? I don't think there is anything in it to suggest he is coming or not?

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

Yeah they do, always thought it was strange. They also post a lot about State of Origin as well.

@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1390890) said:

11 Luciano Leilua
12 Tavita Pangai Jr
13 Ofahengaue

Yeah they do, always thought it was strange. They also post a lot about State of Origin as well.

Ok cool, thanks for the correction everyone

Stop it
I'm feeling depressed already

Back