Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@cochise said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386075) said:
@alx22 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386066) said:
@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386051) said:
KM is a nice signing, my only question is the length of the contract.

Hearing it is up to 2023 with a mutual option for 2024.

I suppose that spells the end of BJs time at the club, which given his impact in the last couple of years is not worth shedding tears over.

Also the likely end of Kepaoa as well.

Kepaoa is here until the end 2023 so I doubt it is the end.

Unlucky he got injured when he did still think he's got something to offer

@elderslie_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386087) said:

I suppose that spells the end of BJs time at the club, which given his impact in the last couple of years is not worth shedding tears over.

Unlucky he got injured when he did still think he's got something to offer

So does the club, he is only young and some time in the lower grades won't hurt him.

He looked good at centre before his injury

From the kennel

“By the sounds of it dogs and tigers agreed on terms for next 1.5 years but DWZ and tigers couldn’t agree beyond that, he was wanting too much. So whole deal fell through”

@tigerwest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386090) said:

He looked good at centre before his injury

Talau and AJ are centres who were playing badly on the wing. It will be a fight out for the centre’s next year.

@tigerpower said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386095) said:
From the kennel

“By the sounds of it dogs and tigers agreed on terms for next 1.5 years but DWZ and tigers couldn’t agree beyond that, he was wanting too much. So whole deal fell through”

Lol bet they are filthy & so will some of the new recruits. 800k for next year he would be on more than JAC.

From the kennel

MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!

I like this signing. We lack speed and attack outwide at the moment, but at a bargain price he is better value then the other two who are no speedsters themselves. We have Kei, and Ogden coming through, and i would appreciate updates on their progress . Laurie and Brooks appear to be our main attack with speed, and Doeihie looks all class in the centres, and i'm looking forward to the English cenrte coming.
We also have some speed and talent in Flegg, and have retained money for future buys.
I think we are doing well, with no more panic buys.

@yossarian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386069) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385940) said:
Please no to Pearce.
Brooks is just starting to get into his groove and still has alot more upside to go. He is now our dominant half and unless we plan to get rid of him then getting another dominant half wouldn’t add value especially at his price tag. Prefer to spend the cash on Forwards.

We’ll see how that “groove” goes this weekend and over the next few weeks. I want Brooks to succeed but he’s had more false dawns than a Disney cartoon.

Pearce I’m not sure on. Newcastle look a shell of a team without him and Ponga. He’s a great organiser and competitor. I’d be very concerned about his durability these days.

Is the Pearce news genuine or just media speculation Yoss?

So looking at outside backs we have for next year

Maumalo
Nofa
Aj
Talau
Gildart
Douehi
Hoffman

That prob leaves one free spot for an outside back next year as you usually aim for 8 which I assume goes to Roberts.

We only have 1 fullback but im hoping we see Cini staying on as backup.

@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386105) said:

Maumalo
Nofa
Aj
Talau
Gildart
Douehi
Hoffman

That prob leaves one free spot for an outside back next year as you usually aim for 8 which I assume goes to Roberts.

Don't forget we're all hoping Allan Fitzgibbon shows enough to get an upgrade

@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386105) said:

Maumalo
Nofa
Aj
Talau
Gildart
Douehi
Hoffman

I think AJ performed well, and will improve. TT, toss a coin. Hoffman , toss a coin, and don't think Cini will see the top grade.

@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386098) said:
From the kennel

Lol bet they are filthy & so will some of the new recruits. 800k for next year he would be on more than JAC.

Dogs are in a world of cap pain.

Pretty sure we've got 6 spots open for next year but would like to re-sign Seyfarth and Mikaele, even after that 4 spots and a good amount of money to spend.

From the kennel

Good news

@tilllindemann said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386111) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386098) said:
From the kennel

Dogs are in a world of cap pain.

More good news

@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385840) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385837) said:
@THE_POM @Yossarian Great news about Maumalo

With GIldart, Maumalo and Hastings signed but Packer, BJ and likely Mbye leaving plus a few hundred k left over this yr it feels like even with some upgrade for younger blokes we have money for a BIG name

Any ideas what we are still looking for (preferably who) but im interested in what psoitions we are still trying to fill

No to Woods

Looking for a big $$ 2nd rower preferably.
Plenty of movement for not off contract players.
Plenty still to play out, Issac Liu is a target but will be tough to pry him away from Roosters, Finucane’s asking price a bit much & likely a shark.

Where to now for woods manly or roosters would be his only Sydney options?

@avocadoontoast said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386103) said:
@yossarian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386069) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385940) said:
Please no to Pearce.
Brooks is just starting to get into his groove and still has alot more upside to go. He is now our dominant half and unless we plan to get rid of him then getting another dominant half wouldn’t add value especially at his price tag. Prefer to spend the cash on Forwards.

We’ll see how that “groove” goes this weekend and over the next few weeks. I want Brooks to succeed but he’s had more false dawns than a Disney cartoon.

Pearce I’m not sure on. Newcastle look a shell of a team without him and Ponga. He’s a great organiser and competitor. I’d be very concerned about his durability these days.

Is the Pearce news genuine or just media speculation Yoss?

I doubt there’s much in it. I haven’t heard anything to say it’s anything beyond polite enquires.

@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1386119) said:
@the_pom said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385840) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1385837) said:
@THE_POM @Yossarian Great news about Maumalo

With GIldart, Maumalo and Hastings signed but Packer, BJ and likely Mbye leaving plus a few hundred k left over this yr it feels like even with some upgrade for younger blokes we have money for a BIG name

Any ideas what we are still looking for (preferably who) but im interested in what psoitions we are still trying to fill

No to Woods

Looking for a big $$ 2nd rower preferably.
Plenty of movement for not off contract players.
Plenty still to play out, Issac Liu is a target but will be tough to pry him away from Roosters, Finucane’s asking price a bit much & likely a shark.

Where to now for woods manly or roosters would be his only Sydney options?

Hearing the slimes may be interested

Looks like we have been approached about signing Mitchell Pearce... Mole Warning

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/sport/nrl/knights/mitchell-pearce-reportedly-linked-with-tigers/news-story/aa0bb0c1f793b049e90918cdaa2eb244

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/e3bfcb28-32b6-45c9-8e9b-3a97dc2f504f

Latest posts

Staff online

Back