Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Turuva massive for us but still a winger short for next season IMO. Need another starting forward too (almost any position would help us so would be focusing on quality over any particular position in the forwards).
Were not short a winger.

Turuva + Staines + Naden who can play there.
Winger is too the position that local Juniors can enter first grade the easiest, even though it is really a tricky position.

We do not need Backline Depth, we have needed backline Talent for ages and finally get some with Olam.
We need Front row depth to cover injuries there and allow people to play hard.

Manly unlikely to win without him. Look what happened to Canberra without Fogarty and his (boring) kicking game.

Reactions: 851
just heard an ABC interview from the weekend where Richo said that there are no further signings to come for 2025 …

That’s gotta be a blow for a lot of you NSW Cup speculators in the thread ?
Il,bet we add min 3 more players for 25 , probably reserve graders on the verge but we will add , we can’t keep going like we are 14/15 th in the NrL and a bog average reserve grade team and hopefully coming through in 2 / 3 years time , we need to buy now and remove dead wood , also I don’t think we will buy crap anymore with Benji and RicHo doing the recruiting, Centre Prop next please and these can be fringe from othe r clubs

just heard an ABC interview from the weekend where Richo said that there are no further signings to come for 2025 …

Here it is

Il,bet we add min 3 more players for 25 , probably reserve graders on the verge but we will add , we can’t keep going like we are 14/15 th in the NrL and a bog average reserve grade team and hopefully coming through in 2 / 3 years time , we need to buy now and remove dead wood , also I don’t think we will buy crap anymore with Benji and RicHo doing the recruiting, Centre Prop next please and these can be fringe from othe r clubs

apparently they have another 3-4 guys from within who will move to Top 30 spots at the end of this year

Richo has said they aren’t a recruitment club and I believe him … at least for the next year until they can free up some space on the squad …

apparently they have another 3-4 guys from within who will move to Top 30 spots at the end of this year

Richo has said they aren’t a recruitment club and I believe him … at least for the next year until they can free up some space on the squad …
Has Richo or anyone else watched our lower grades play ?
Anyone who has watched would know we don’t have many if any jumping out to become NRL players in 2025.
So if he is firm on these comments we will be heading for our 4th straight Wooden Spoon in 2025.

Thought you had to have signed 30 players before 30 June - we only have 29?

Yeah but the difference with Cam Murray and other footballers is the big red thing inside his chest.
I don’t reckon Illias has a big one and size matters.
Fair enough if that's your take BF and @Kaito .

I don't necessarily agree, I actually think he defends similar to Brooks; relatively brave.

The original comment was about size being the issue. I don't think people realise the size he is.

I will say that I haven't exactly examined him with a fine-tooth comb over the last few years though, just what I've observed in passing.

Fair enough if that's your take BF and @Kaito .

I don't necessarily agree, I actually think he defends similar to Brooks; relatively brave.

The original comment was about size being the issue. I don't think people realise the size he is.

I will say that I haven't exactly examined him with a fine-tooth comb over the last few years though, just what I've observed in passing.
I don't think someone who can defend "relatively brave" is our answer.. also if you want to mold a half into a lock then surely you do it with one of our existing halves?

We need some mongrel, not someone who's "relatively brave"

Has Richo or anyone else watched our lower grades play ?
Anyone who has watched would know we don’t have many if any jumping out to become NRL players in 2025.
So if he is firm on these comments we will be heading for our 4th straight Wooden Spoon in 2025.

I suggest he has …

Not much he can do if contracts to upgrade Juniors to Top 30 deals were signed before he arrived …

Latest posts

Members online

Back