Short kick off rule amendmemt

Honestly, Scrums need to die.

Sure I loved a good old 80's or 90's scrum. The hooker threw the ball in and you see the two teams push against each other and roughly 1/3 of the time the team which did not have the feed got the ball.

Scrums are DEAD. I don't want to see this farce of the hooker placing it under one players legs and calling it a scrum. People broke their backs in a real scrum, I get why it had to end.

I am open to doing the Union style throw-in.

Union throw in's are even more open to abuse by referees than scrums.There was a very good reason why Rugby League did not use them and it wasn't because they were good

I am OUTRAGED. Bloody wokies at it again with their fairy rule changes. This ain't tiddly winks this is FOOTBALL. You run it straight, you get smashed, you go to the pub and neck a few pints, maybe churn through a few durries, then you get up and do it all again the next week. These snowflakes are going straight for our bloody jugular. What's next, get tackled then you have to give the attacker a kiss on the forehead? This is where the game is going. As the great man Tommy once said, we need to bloody "HARDEN UP!!!" Back in my day you had forearms flying everywhere. I'm lucky I can still form sentences from all the hits that these days would be considered "illegal". Bah, a shoulder to the head was a bloody good hit back then! Gone are those days. You really have to shake your head and wonder where the game is going. GAME'S GONE SOFT!
They should all change their uniforms to include mini skirts.

Last edited:
Reduce the bench if they're worried about the intensity/HIA
It's part of the game that's changed a lot often. Since I was a kid... However less players playing more minutes will open it up for the halves
100%.
Some blokes run on for 15 minutes then strut around calling themselves a professional footballer.
Far too many interchanges.

I miss the days of scrums being a contest and a good marker could steal the ball if his oponent was lazy.A good hooker was a game changer
If a team wins a scrum against the feed these days, the ref assumes something went wrong and resets the scrum.
The Hooker is long gone. They’ve been Dummy Halves for years now.

The rule I would like to see changed is":
When opponent doesn't kick ball more than 10 metres from goal line when doing a drop out, the attacking team can play at the ball.
Coaches would not allow it. Why risk a knock on when you’re about to receive possession. Our idiots would kook it for sure.

Coaches would not allow it. Why risk a knock on when you’re about to receive possession. Our idiots would kook it for sure.
Then you make it so the attacking team gets the ball regardless if they make an error in the attempt of playing on. And yeah I also have that same bad feeling that we’ll knock it on it situations like that, but hopefully the tide is changing in regards to that.

Listen Bag, why don't you p/o and bag some other team? I'm sure I am not the only one sick of you bagging our team. Give it a rest.

Listen Bag, why don't you p/o and bag some other team? I'm sure I am not the only one sick of you bagging our team. Give it a rest.
Put me on ignore. They are two time spooners. Just last night I was defending Papali’i so go jump.

Edit: Pauga literally did this, so it’s criticism based on fact.

Last edited:

When the NRL does a poll that public can vote on, usually at end of season, let general public decide.
Then all coaches / teams in all grades have the off season to practice.

Surely , you not going to be unhappy if wests tigers win a game this way.

Each to their own view.

Last edited:
Then you make it so the attacking team gets the ball regardless if they make an error in the attempt of playing on. And yeah I also have that same bad feeling that we’ll knock it on it situations like that, but hopefully the tide is changing in regards to that.
So the receiving team has a free play so to speak. They have experimented with free plays before but never implemented them outside of super league. Might be a big disincentive to kick short which is the opposite of what they’re trying to achieve with this new rule.

Last edited:
So the receiving team has a free play so to speak. They have experimented with free plays before but never implemented them outside of super league. Might be a big disincentive to kick short which is the opposite of what they’re trying to achieve with this new rule.
Finding the balance is the key.

Back