OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

Only saw the end of the first half and the entire second half but I think the scoreline could've been different with another ref, old mate had a Barry Crocker. Regardless, was still poor defence but I guess it's to be expected in the juniors with the heat and some rough calls etc. Would love to see these teams meet again I think the result could be very different despite what some have said.
What was it about the ref that you thought effected the result?

What was it about the ref that you thought effected the result?
The obstruction call (I think?) on the goal line, which he explained to Laulilii for 2 mins and he seemed none the wiser. Called a double movement on Miller when his ball carrying arm didn't appear to touch the ground, missed a dropped ball and just seemed to be far too involved. Not making excuses and saying it cost them the game, they lost fair and square, but I think the frustration at the end was to do with the ref rather than the opposition.

The obstruction call (I think?) on the goal line, which he explained to Laulilii for 2 mins and he seemed none the wiser. Called a double movement on Miller when his ball carrying arm didn't appear to touch the ground, missed a dropped ball and just seemed to be far too involved. Not making excuses and saying it cost them the game, they lost fair and square, but I think the frustration at the end was to do with the ref rather than the opposition.
Those calls are contentious…I thought the obstruction penalty was ok. It’s hard to tell without the aid of replay though.
The frustration at the end to me was desperation. They were desperately trying to slow Canberras roll-on down. Neither guy who got binned showed any emotion, no remonstrating or pleading their case to the ref…they accepted it as accurate. They took a risk and got burned. Ironically, the game as well lost by then.
The fact they scored on close to every visit to our red zone was concerning.

Those calls are contentious…I thought the obstruction penalty was ok. It’s hard to tell without the aid of replay though.
The frustration at the end to me was desperation. They were desperately trying to slow Canberras roll-on down. Neither guy who got binned showed any emotion, no remonstrating or pleading their case to the ref…they accepted it as accurate. They took a risk and got burned. Ironically, the game as well lost by then.
The fact they scored on close to every visit to our red zone was concerning.
Yeah I agree they're calls made on the spot and it's hard but I personally thought that the players were annoyed. I'm pretty sure that the 12 was binned for dissent wasn't he? Da Silva looked like he was warned a few times for chatting to the ref before he got sent. But more importantly I guess the defence was a worry but I still think they're very capable of beating them in the future

The teams have slipped to 4th (HM) and 5th (SG Ball) on their respective ladders after today. Tough games for both sides next week against Penrith too. Hopefully they learn from today and get the wins next week.

Yeah I agree they're calls made on the spot and it's hard but I personally thought that the players were annoyed. I'm pretty sure that the 12 was binned for dissent wasn't he? Da Silva looked like he was warned a few times for chatting to the ref before he got sent. But more importantly I guess the defence was a worry but I still think they're very capable of beating them in the future
I was at the other end, but thought the 12 was done for ruck infringement, holding down. Da Silva was all over his man on the ground and had had a running battle with the ref.
Yes the defence was poor. Canberra tries weren’t the result of fancy footwork or slick ball movement - with the exception of the first half long ball to the winger. They were simple run at the line and beat your man.

Who's the guy that runs the NBWT twitter page? That's the most one eyed pro Wests dribble ever created. Usually 90% wests maybe 10% tigers.
These Wests results should keep him quiet for a while.

Saw something about Feledy doing some good things against the dogs….anyone see/know more?

Looks like good news at balmain for us in terms of our centres , post on Twitter Feledy scored one and set up another with a flick pass to the winger despite being covered by two defenders. Very exciting about Feledy
Feledy will be an interesting watch. Apparently manly believe he’s one the ‘carve up juniors but will get found out against men’ type. Could be sour grapes but I got told they weren’t fussed about him leaving (in the long term).

Who's the guy that runs the NBWT twitter page? That's the most one eyed pro Wests dribble ever created. Usually 90% wests maybe 10% tigers.
31E998E6-41E9-4FD6-ADC9-B6E04A59CF33.jpeg
Here’s a bit of his alleged - “pro Wests dribble” from yesterday 🤣

Sounds like he’s making excuses for Wests to me …and downgrading Balmain’s efforts.
Maybe Tunks is correct.
You’ve also got to remember it may not be intentional bias just that person may have been associated with one more than the other.
FYI I have no idea if bias or not as I’m not a twitter

Sounds like he’s making excuses for Wests to me …and downgrading Balmain’s efforts.
Maybe Tunks is correct.
I actually think he comes from the Balmain side of the tracks.
I reckon he’s been caught up a tad in the Sheens hype (re our juniors).

My only beef with NBWT is his absolute adulation of a handful - led by Faagutu, Da Silva, Feledy, Miller etc.

While no one is denying these guys are super impressive, I think at that age they’ve achieved nothing, and a more balanced coverage across more young players is a healthier approach. Plenty of promising lads in both junior systems. A number who never get a mention.

Apart from that, I commend him for all the time and
effort he puts in 👍

I actually think he comes from the Balmain side of the tracks.
I reckon he’s been caught up a tad in the Sheens hype (re our juniors).

My only beef with NBWT is his absolute adulation of a handful - led by Faagutu, Da Silva, Feledy, Miller etc.

While no one is denying these guys are super impressive, I think at that age they’ve achieved nothing, and a more balanced coverage across more young players is a healthier approach. Plenty of promising lads in both junior systems. A number who never get a mention.

Apart from that, I commend him for all the time and
effort he puts in 👍
I think everyone's been caught up in the Sheens hype.
Might have been best to keep quiet so the kids could go about their business without the unreasonable expectations of every supporter.

What a silly take.. @Tiger_Fanatic3
puts in a lot of time in his research
and posts, he's not pro or anti at all -
a few opinion tweets and pieces but
he mostly posts comprehensive
reviews. Best WT related content
on twitter by a long stretch... Smh

Back