Senior Management and The Board - MEGA Thread

He’s going to need a tonne of help.
If he gets through season 2024, he will be exhausted, but stronger. I hope he rests up over the break because next year will likely be the toughest he has ever endured professionally.
John Morris is an outstanding lieutenant to have with him. He has a great deal of experience bringing younger players through to the NRL. Top marks to those who recruited him.

All Lee has done by throwing his toys from the cot has just firmly reiterated what a lot have been saying for a long time now - it's all about him, not the club. Self centred and egotistical - who'd have thought it from a lawyer. Love's the position, big noting around town, multiple sponsorships etc etc. Relieved he is gone.

John Morris is an outstanding lieutenant to have with him. He has a great deal of experience bringing younger players through to the NRL. Top marks to those who recruited him.
At this point I certainly agree yet remain a touch apprehensive, remembering how he exited Cronulla.

At this point I certainly agree yet remain a touch apprehensive, remembering how he exited Cronulla.
He had the Sharks to two final series but was still given the boot. During that time he managed the loss of club legend Gallen and had to deal with difficult personalities in the shed. Most in our local area considered he was very harshly treated. Had he the WTs to two final series he would be awarded the VC. He was instrumental in the Sharks' pathways programme which has produced so many good young players. Fitzgibbon has improved the Sharks but it remains to be seen if he can do better.

He had the Sharks to two final series but was still given the boot. During that time he managed the loss of club legend Gallen and had to deal with difficult personalities in the shed. Most in our local area considered he was very harshly treated. Had he the WTs to two final series he would be awarded the VC. He was instrumental in the Sharks' pathways programme which has produced so many good young players. Fitzgibbon has improved the Sharks but it remains to be seen if he can do better.
I agree he did well. So why did they treat him so shabbily?
The players were told he was sacked via text messages.
Hopefully he ruffled administrative feathers behind closed doors, challenging their decisions and standing by his convictions.

I agree he did well. So why did they treat him so shabbily?
The players were told he was sacked via text messages.
Hopefully he ruffled administrative feathers behind closed doors, challenging their decisions and standing by his convictions.
The Sharks have a colourful history as we all know. Morris imo was too good for them.

While we're all busy here laughing at Haircuts and Hats and rejoice at their removal
- Maybe they're just (Another set of) Fall guys to remove the focus from the real issue.
The real issue has always been the merger. Two different organisations trying to act as one. Had we shot them both in the head back in the day and thoroughly disposed of their bodies, the merger may have worked. We didn’t.

Interesting to hear Lee on the Radio this morning....
I've been non decisive on Lee or Pascoe... I see the same sh*t everyone else does....
But I've also been seeing the same over and over (In one form or another) for as long as I care to remember...

Which leaves me with the question - Is it them?
And don't get me wrong, It may well be...
But these problems have been here as long as the club has, And those 2 haven't.

I feel with the change in the way the media runs now, 24hr gossip channels etc.
(Even Sheens mentioned he was surprised how much it had changed in his 10 years away)
That we feel it's worse now than it was, But maybe it's just more scrutinised - By More Journos -
With no physical papers selling and much less to talk about.... The media cycle seems keen to conjure up a catastrophe somewhere every other day.

But what he said this morning, (and I'd have to listen again)
mentioning that those remaining had already been leaking to the media and were looking to flush out alternate sponsors already - Also mentioned somewhere that the majority owners of the Football really regard it in their day to day operations (Or some such)
- This I have felt for some time.... I've been hearing how loaded the Wests Group are for an eternity - But I don't feel that translates to the NRL club? (Maybe it's just me)

While we're all busy here laughing at Haircuts and Hats and rejoice at their removal
- Maybe they're just (Another set of) Fall guys to remove the focus from the real issue.
It was a slick operation.
You sack the board of puppets that cop all the flak while the real board that runs the show remains untouched.
The real beauty of it is in sacking yourself so you're perceived as noble by the feckless, while actually giving yourself more power with your display of strength.

The man has pulled off a political thing of beauty. You can't help but admire his workmanship.

The real issue has always been the merger. Two different organisations trying to act as one. Had we shot them both in the head back in the day and thoroughly disposed of their bodies, the merger may have worked. We didn’t.
Easy to say almost 25 years later when we become more disconnected to the parent clubs as each year passes. Just imagine now if we had to merge with the Dogs for example. No way would either club not try to stamp their identity on the new club. Supporters wouldn’t allow them not to either.

Contrary to most others belief, I honestly think Hagi and Pascoe had their heart in the right place.
Yes they made plenty of decisions which turned out to be bad decisions, who doesn’t ?
It doesn’t matter who is running a club, they are destined to make good and bad decisions.
In saying that I am happy Shane Richardson is now involved. He has a proven track record of success within rugby league clubs he’s been involved with and has a strong emphasis on junior development which I believe needs to be the major focus for Wests Tigers to become successful.
Pascoe leaving is the big win for us today

Pascoe fiasco went for way to long,

1. Sacked Coach Mick Potter
  2. Involved in getting rid of Robbie Farah to souths
  3. Bungled Robbie Farah Ambassadorship earning himself a 6 month Paid vacation
  4. Resigned Coach Jason Taylor only to sack in early in the next season
  5. Backed Coach Cleary who allowed our gun players to leave
    1. Mbye
    2. J Reynolds
    3. Matalino
    4. Packer
    5. No Nathan cleary
  6. Tales from Tiger town should never have been allowed
  7. His "I dont really care about anything" statement in Tiger town
  8. Fake video of him celebrating at the NT Pub
  9. Resigned Coach Madge Maguire
  10. Sacked Coach Madge Maguire when he backed underperforming, lazy players
  11. Dropped Brett Kimmorley in the firing line
  12. Hired Sheens
  13. Sacked Sheens after 1 year ( full payout)
  14. Banking on Benji with no Experience (Who I really want to succeed)

Im sure there are heaps more

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back