Scott Fulton sacked

So who is going to be touring the country scouting for talent? Watching matches all over the east coast, at all age groups? We still need a recruitment scout. None of those listed have the time to travel and watch prospective signings first hand.
Spot on. Bit more involved than just jumping on a phone and signing a player.

So who is going to be touring the country scouting for talent? Watching matches all over the east coast, at all age groups? We still need a recruitment scout. None of those listed have the time to travel and watch prospective signings first hand.
Correct but that wasn't Fulton's job either. He was head of nrl recruitment not whole organisation and even as head of recruitment for whole organisation you have other people scouting not you

Interesting wording how "the club" signed Luai, with no mention of Fulton being involved but saying he signed because of Fulton? Reckon there might be some liberty being taken with that comment
it's just journos with an agenda trying to make us feel bad about letting him go. We can't do anything right! But everything done in the last month has been the opposite of wrong!

From my perspective it was on the cards after Richardson spoke about running all player recruitment past the coach and not hiring anyone without his approval. Fulton himself was hired without Marshalls knowledge or consent and wanted to hire players without his agreement. It was only going to go one way.

From my perspective it was on the cards after Richardson spoke about running all player recruitment past the coach and not hiring anyone without his approval. Fulton himself was hired without Marshalls knowledge or consent and wanted to hire players without his agreement. It was only going to go one way.
Exactly. It had to happen. This was lee and Justins doing and it had to be undone.

Reactions: BZN
Think that was just him being diplomatic and
respectful to other clubs. It came out early that
he told mates he was going to the Tigers, it was
why it was reported for weeks that we were
front runners. Leading a team and playing under
Benji was always going to trump re-joining his
mates at another club - his motivation is to be
the man and prove others he can. Richo & him
are being a bit coy I think, they both knew I'd say
From what Romey said in the presser, he said he hadn't made a decision WHICH club he had signed for, Dogs or Tigers, but he made a decision to leave the Panthers. The 10 day rule made this period very confusing as he could also get offers from Dogs after accepting Tigers offer

Spot on. Bit more involved than just jumping on a phone and signing a player.
To be fair they might be saying recruitment for the current season is done, and footy comps don't start for another 1-2 months so there's no need for an 'immediate' replacement, but hopefully someone is in place by then

Back