Running the ball hard

Vicious

Gee it can be an easy game for the playmakers when we have blokes like Ellis, Fulton & co running the ball hard like they did today. Throw in a hard running fullback like Mitch Brown and a young tearaway prop who wants to cause some carnage like Andrew Fifita and you have the makings of a pretty good football side.
I`m not getting too carried away because we were woefull for 5 weeks leading into todays game, but today surely lifted the confidence levels. If we keep having players in motion and running onto the ball hard like today, then there is no side in the comp including the Dragons who can stop us from scoring 30 points per game and 30 points per game should be enough to win any game.

our forwards definitely stood up today which was good.

when KG comes back i dont think he should get a walkup starting spot, he's been down on form and should be on the bench and replace skando.

@glebe_tiger said:

when KG comes back i dont think he should get a walkup starting spot, he's been down on form and should be on the bench and replace skando.

Galloway will start and rightly so. He's not in career best form but he's hardly been poor.

I agree with the initial post. It makes a huge difference when you have runners that hit the line with pace. Fulton and Ellis were sensational and give us options on either side.

Add to that Brown ran it back hard on every set. We also had Fifita maybe not playing a lot of minutes but when he was on he was a weapon. When Galloway comes back I think we have another metre eater and a player capable of getting us on the front foot.

Gibbs and Payten are defensively really good and both of them make some metres as well.

Agree with all that's been said. You can have the most creative halves that God put breath into, but the hard runners make it all work.

@glebe_tiger said:

Yeah making the most metres (bar Ellis with 1 more) playing after a pretty bad head knock is utterly terrible form :unamused:

I actually found that when Galloway + Moors both came off the bench together it was extremely effective.

@willow said:
@glebe_tiger said:

Galloway will start and rightly so. He's not in career best form but he's hardly been poor.

Couldnt agree more. For all the pluadits young Andrew F deserves, KG still makes more on an average hit up.

@crouching_tiger said:
I actually found that when Galloway + Moors both came off the bench together it was extremely effective.

You're right CT, but Moors hasn't been sighted in FG for awhile now due to one reason or another. I'm not sure why because he's too good for State Cup.

I've been saying this for some time: our forwads did exactly what is needed to win.I loved it,we really looked like a team who can be hard to beat going into the finals,and GF.Yahoo! Yahoo!….Great win

What has been giving me the iritts for years has been the way our forwards start their runs.

Usually none of them run onto the ball and half the time they're standing still when they catch the ball. For some reason they did on the weekend and showed how potent they can be in attack when this happens. Everytime we were on Penriths line I had the upmost of confidnce that we'd score. The pigs were lining up most of the time.

I hope this continues. It is definetly about time.

Members online

Back