LIVE GAME Round 9 vs. Bulldogs

Live Game Discussion
Naden x Staines combo looks likely two weeks in a row but we starve them of the ball...

Same as Olam.
No backline player plays.

All just very predictable and boring.

Olam’s defence is a little concerning …. comes up and in out of the line at a million miles an hour but never seems to wrap up the opposing player … didn’t lead to a try today but could have been a couple …

Grim is a little tough in my view … although better players are needed for next year … They are better than last year … but that is a very low bar …

only giving up 22 points today was a gutsy effort … they have certainly turned around their D so far this season … whether they can keep putting in that effort every week remains to be seen ..

I agree that the attack is terrible … and I have been saying that since the beginning of the season …

They have scored more than 17 points once all season … how many games is that going to win for them ?

The season is lost already … they may as well have a go with a more attacking style …
Understand what you are saying mate but to me defence is mainly effort. Our defence has improved 10 fold compared to the end of last year, but it terms of points conceded we are almost exactly where we were at this point last season. If we dont win some games expect our defence to get worse. Hate being so glass empty, I know there are improvement, but the focus on the the referee the last few week has been a real distraction.

I was so happy after we beat the Sharks and the next week the Eels … five losses later and I really don’t give a shit anymore. What the hell is going on with this team? Most of those losses we didn’t get out of first gear until the second half when it was too late to win. Now we go alright in the first half and leave all the effort and attitude in the sheds. Baffling. Wooden spoon number 3 incoming.

3pm next Saturday I'll be at the gym with no phone.

It's just not healthy having this team combined with NRL incompetency ruin my Saturday.

Olam’s defence is a little concerning …. comes up and in out of the line at a million miles an hour but never seems to wrap up the player … didn’t lead to a try today but could have been a couple …
Works when he gets the shot off, but didn't happen today.

We were lucky to only lose by 8 today.
We didn't get smashed by the bulldogs, just the incompetent ref.

We'll be an improved team, next year with the two big incomings... there needs to be more though.

Blaming the ref is easy. We were so bad in that 2nd half. The attack is dreadful, discline is worse. Maybe I dont get it but I dont see where our points are coming from on their line. We were out muscled and out worked. Things are grim
Yes, blaming the ref is easy. Its a cowards way out. Is that why we lost......... unlikely. Its also a cowards way to never speak of wrongs. We were wronged a lot today. Deny it, ignore it, doesn't really matter, but win or lose, if you never acknowledge the truth, you will never move forward. Funny how when we got the rub of the green we flogged the Sharks, yet when we don't it can never be used.

Understand what you are saying mate but to me defence is mainly effort. Our defence has improved 10 fold compared to the end of last year, but it terms of points conceded we are almost exactly where we were at this point last season. If we dont win some games expect our defence to get worse. Hate being so glass empty, I know there are improvement, but the focus on the the referee the last few week has been a real distraction.

Can’t really disagree … but they just don’t have the players …their squad is still fhe worst in the NRL…

The Bulldogs are improving… but they are mid level at best … but look at some of the talent they have in that team ..Kikau, Creighton,Burton and JAC… they are way better than the Tigers

Latu Fainu was very ordinary .Just watched Storm winger in for Coates score sensational solo try Sualavi Faalogo a small guy .Haven't seen a single line break or assist from Latu
By the way Bunker clears Sami try which was much much more doubtful than Apis try
When confirmed even Sami looked shocked .
All commentators thought no try and all commentators last week thought Api scored
This is proof of the Bias against the tigers

are you apart of the referee committee or something @Tucker

To be fair to Tucker, I actually admire the ability to distance yourself from blaming ref's and look at things the team can control. For most of us we need to vent our frustration about the ref, it's hard not to consideringhow bad they are. I wish I could be more like Tucker in this regard, but I'm no hope. They have absolutely zero idea what they are doing. The bunker just awarded the Titans a try to Sami and even Sami couldn't believe they awarded it. It's laughable, they all have no idea what they are doing.

Latu Fainu was very ordinary .Just watched Storm winger in for Coates score sensational solo try Sualavi Faalogo a small guy .Haven't seen a single line break or assist from Latu
By the way Bunker clears Sami try which was much much more doubtful than Apis try
All commentators thought no try and all commentators last week thought Api scored
I don’t know that we have put Latu in position to show what he can do yet.

So without refs we would win most our games??? I hear you though. It is frustrating.

To be fair to Tucker, I actually admire the ability to distance yourself from blaming ref's and look at things the team can control. For most of us we need to vent our frustration about the ref, it's hard not to consideringhow bad they are. I wish I could be more like Tucker in this regard, but I'm no hope. They have absolutely zero idea what they are doing. The bunker just awarded the Titans a try to Sami and even Sami couldn't believe they awarded it. It's laughable, they all have no idea what they are doing.
I’m normally on his side too but how he can defend that officiating today is beyond me seriously the integrity of the game should be brought into question after that display

Back