LIVE GAME Round 9 General discussions *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Turuva was great, Butvnobodeaxqhat Luai is doing, he doesn’t want to kick the ball and barely wants touches ball, far from a 1.2 million dollar player at the moment.
Luai is an interesting player. Very unconventional. Very tenacious but far from consistent. He’s always had great teammates around him. Make no mistake it won’t be all smooth sailing unless our overall squad improves.

Luai is an interesting player. Very unconventional. Very tenacious but far from consistent. He’s always had great teammates around him. Make no mistake it won’t be all smooth sailing unless our overall squad improves.
He doesn’t even look fit this season, I’ve got a bad feeling he’s coming Wests Tigers to take the money for minimal effort.

My concern about Luai is the way he continually props snd runs back or sideways and skips across field looking for runners. It may sometimes work at Penrith as they have guys running into gaps and looking for carries, but for us he’ll end up running around in circles and the attack will go nowhere. He darts around with quick feet but has no real speed after the first 10 metres.

I can already see the complaints about him dancing in a circle. He’s the sort of player who can look like a fool if he has no one decent outside him.

My concern about Luai is the way he continually props snd runs back or sideways and skips across field looking for runners. It may sometimes work at Penrith as they have guys running into gaps and looking for carries, but for us he’ll end up running around in circles and the attack will go nowhere. He darts around with quick feet but has no real speed after the first 10 metres.
Exactly my point.

He’s not the organising, structured half we needed. We’d have benefitted more from signing Schneider. I think Galvin could do a better job at halfback than Luai. In hindsight, now having seen Galvin play in first grade, and with Latu here as well, Luai is really not an astute signing.

He’s not the organising, structured half we needed. We’d have benefitted more from signing Schneider. I think Galvin could do a better job at halfback than Luai. In hindsight, now having seen Galvin play in first grade, and with Latu here as well, Luai is really not an astute signing.
Well Ivan did say that very early on he was not an organising player. So what makes us think he is a half back ? He’s a 5/8 imo which adds to our dilemma coz then we have him, Galvin and Fainu in the mix.
I hope he is successful but lots of unanswered questions !

What the? If that's a put down and apis is not?
Looking forward to Annusley explaining how under this week's interpretation of the "existing rule" it is now OK to bobble before putting the ball down (unlike last week). Maybe having a hand on the sideline somehow negates the bobble. Cut the crap, just admit what we all know. Someone has been blowing on their short whistle again.

He might not end up being your typical no7 and may not be another Cleary, but he will bring plenty of skill, experience and will To win that we badly need.

One thing he will need to bring is big shoulders, because he will be blamed for every loss we suffer by the keyboard judges. Personally I have trust in both Luai and Marshall to come up with a winning plan that works for both Luai and the rest of the team and I will hold off making any judgment till he has a season under his belt in Tigertown.

With Cleary out they want Schneider to play the Cleary role and Luai to play the 5/8 role. To have least positional changes. Luai is coming to the WTs to play 7. We’ll see a different Luai at the WTs.
we will, but he does have some evolving to do over the preseason, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to make the full transition inside four months.

he has an underrated kicking game and both his passing and passing game are excellent, but we will need him to constantly put the ball in the corner, build pressure get the team to the right points on the field, as opposed to just calling for the ball when he sees something and trying to evade defenders with his footwork.

I think he's a driven enough individual to make it happen over a couple of years, but will he be ready to do it by R1 2025? I'm not exactly sure.

Luai played pretty poor last night, but something we need to learn is that he wasn't playing halfback or leading the team so asking why he didn't lead the team is a silly assumption. Coach Cleary has been playing him like that for years. Asking him to be a halfback like Cleary or Reynolds simply won't happen. He won't be a Johnson, nor will he be a Benji. If he plays halfback, he will play halfback like he did throughout his whole junior career which actually had Gus branding him as one of the best prospects at the club. While he's been disappointing this year, his long kicking has improved heaps and his defence is still rock solid. Benji will get the best out of him to play naturally

I remember people claimed Benji was the 7 but wearing the 6 during his career...

Like he was the main playmaker but liked the #6 jersey.

It worked because we had a 9 like Farah and whoever the player was in the #7, Moltzen, Lui, etc.

I could see this working 2025 onwards, with Luai, Api and Galvin... we have some really directional and attacking options.

I think Latu at lock adds another threat to the mix too.... it'll be interesting to see what Benji is thinking.

Schneider is worse than Cogger, O'Sullivan as backups for penrith. No thanks

He doesn’t even look fit this season, I’ve got a bad feeling he’s coming Wests Tigers to take the money for minimal effort.
Unfortunately we have a history of attracting 2 types of players, those who come for the $, and those who come for the opportunity to play NRL. Both types generally look good with plenty of enthusiasm in the first handful of games. Guys like Api are exceptions.
So what is it we do? How do we successfully continue to aim for the comfort of mediocrity?

Turuva was great, but what is Luai doing ?
He doesn’t want to kick the ball and barely wants to touch the ball, far from a 1.2 million dollar player at the moment.
Yeh not sure. He was ordinary.

That left step back inside did nothing but alleviate pressure. Needs to sought it out quick smart

Latest posts

Back