LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
A few comments in reply.

First, I'm not sure that you are disagreeing with me. I said that these types of players can move to a quality team and play a role for their coach, and that is exactly what they did.

Second, if people mean they are "not stars", then why don't they say so? How can I interpret a comment that a player is a "reserve grader at best" as meaning that he is not a star? It is pretty obvious that the types of players we are discussing are not "stars". I don't think that is what they mean at all.

Third, I don't know how you define "passenger" but it is a bit harsh to describe Madden's contribution that way. He scored two tries and had one try assist; ie, he had a hand in three of their six tries.
I don’t think it’s you are misinterpreting or even you have anything to do with it to be fair mate .
I think people speak in hyperbole and emotion , and are quick tot grow out “he’s shit” , or “he sux” or whatever generalisation . When the fact is if they’re playing nrl they’re in like top 1-5% of of players in the world at this sport .
Thats all I was saying mate .

Yeah I was expecting it lol.
This place would have had a heart attack
Yes it’s shit IMO. Just referee what you see in front of you . It’s like 2 or 3 years ago clubs would get a player put in the bin , then the ref would just penalise them for the next 10 minutes as a square up .
Then we had this weird thing where half the time a player went into the bin , thier team would score a try or 2, just based on the ref .
It was dumb . And Obvious .
It’s the bunker for the most part . They are the ones talking in the refs ear and advising them .
all this horsehit around influencing games to create a better spectacle is annoying . If a team is taking the piss or cheating sweet , they can get pumped and have a fe players in the bin.
Who cares what the score is , what jersey they’re wearing , or what part of the game it is .

Not sure what Haas's stat's were but it's irrelevant. After a long lay off he comes back firing, every hit up full of effort & intent. Pack leader. If Stef genuinely wants to be a leader at our club, or play Origin, he need look no further than Haas. That's the standard he needs to reach. Talk is cheap.
To be fair Haas may go down as one of, if not the best, prop to ever play the game. Point taken though, stefano can and should be a similar style of player.

Not sure what Haas's stat's were but it's irrelevant. After a long lay off he comes back firing, every hit up full of effort & intent. Pack leader. If Stef genuinely wants to be a leader at our club, or play Origin, he need look no further than Haas. That's the standard he needs to reach. Talk is cheap.
Yep we need players who command the ball in attack to lead from the front especially when the chips are down.

I see that in Bateman and at times Uto but he needs to step this up. I reckon Sam Fainu will have this with more experience & hopefully Pole too. But right now Uto needs to build the consistency in his game to always have the ‘eye of the tiger’.

To be fair to the tigers we didn’t get anywhere near a fair shake from that crap ref , api scored, Walsh’s try on 1/2 time was a meter and a 1/2 forward .
The boys passed the ball well but could not find a way to break there defence, sezer did bugger all , Galvin tried his arse out .
Our wide defence is terrible, players just too lazy to push across .
Bula is a class player but he really struggles to put himself into an attacking position.
We need a class backrower that can break the line ,

Once AGAIN the team statistics suggest the tigers were at least equal to the broncos. BUT the tigers don’t have the attacking brilliance or even the teamwork anywhere on the field to match other sides.
Until the attacking teamwork improves or a player ignites our attack we will continue to lose against the majority of the sides (especially if the refs continue to ‘find’ reasons to make life difficult)

To be fair to the tigers we didn’t get anywhere near a fair shake from that crap ref , api scored, Walsh’s try on 1/2 time was a meter and a 1/2 forward .
The boys passed the ball well but could not find a way to break there defence, sezer did bugger all , Galvin tried his arse out .
Our wide defence is terrible, players just too lazy to push across .
Bula is a class player but he really struggles to put himself into an attacking position.
We need a class backrower that can break the line ,
Do me a favour and forget the referee. He didn’t lose us the game.
Focus your attention on our attack and what we do with what was a reasonable amount of possession.
We are coached by a former NzrL/ International back, but if he’s teaching them about attack, it’s currently a giant F.
Maybe all those times we saw him doing it in training had little or no effect.
They would be better off watching videos of the best team backlines , the movement of the ball combined with running the best, most aggressive lines.
Not the Under 10s stuff we dish up( my apologies to all Under 10s out there).

Yes it’s shit IMO. Just referee what you see in front of you . It’s like 2 or 3 years ago clubs would get a player put in the bin , then the ref would just penalise them for the next 10 minutes as a square up .
Then we had this weird thing where half the time a player went into the bin , thier team would score a try or 2, just based on the ref .
It was dumb . And Obvious .
It’s the bunker for the most part . They are the ones talking in the refs ear and advising them .
all this horsehit around influencing games to create a better spectacle is annoying . If a team is taking the piss or cheating sweet , they can get pumped and have a fe players in the bin.
Who cares what the score is , what jersey they’re wearing , or what part of the game it is .
Yep I agree.
He should have done a second stint as it was clearly a professional foul.

Focus your attention on our attack and what we do with what was a reasonable amount of possession.
We are coached by a former NzrL/ International back, but if he’s teaching them about attack, it’s currently a giant F.
They would be better off watching videos of the best team backlines , the movement of the ball combined with running the best, most aggressive lines.
It’s not coaching when your wingers get a clean run to the line and kook it. Our backs need to be better individually.

What the hell u going on about , did I say the ref cost us the game , I said he cost us two try’s , I also said our attack was bad , please read what people say before u answer with ur negative ramble

What the hell u going on about , did I say the ref cost us the game , I said he cost us two try’s , I also said our attack was bad , please read what people say before u answer with ur negative ramble
What I’m going on about is that there is always someone on here to bring the referee into it and whilst I might have erred in saying he cost us the game, in the end he didn’t cost us anything.
And I agree with you that our attack was bad, I’d actually say it was diabolical and was suggesting some possible remedies.
So we are fundanentally on the same page ( except re ref)so settle down and what I thought was a positive ramble.

Latest posts

Members online

Back