LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
It's difficult following League as we'll get yet another official apology this week for Api's no try. Things are hard enough on the field for us without getting a fair rub of the green and for 2 weeks in a row no less against the grand finalists, which is already a tough hill to climb.

Not saying we could have won, but to not be given a fair chance just continues my slide down into caring less and less about the game. At 10-6 the side would have had their confidence lift certainly, the try being denied would just be deflating and on the back of the Panthers game too.

At this stage, I've gone from watching as many games as possible to just watching us. All I want is for decisions to be vastly more fairer than they are now.

It's difficult following League as we'll get yet another official apology this week for Api's no try. Things are hard enough on the field for us without getting a fair rub of the green and for 2 weeks in a row no less against the grand finalists, which is already a tough hill to climb.

Not saying we could have won, but to not be given a fair chance just continues my slide down into caring less and less about the game. At 10-6 the side would have had their confidence lift certainly, the try being denied would just be deflating and on the back of the Panthers game too.

At this stage, I've gone from watching as many games as possible to just watching us. All I want is for decisions to be vastly more fairer than they are now.

Yeah, the no try is farcical. I went home after and watched it on replay and I don't believe it's possible to know rugby league and see that as a no try. It's a inept and brutally misconceived interpretation of possession that if accepted as a standard in the game would see every try painfully dissected frame by frame under a microscope to ensure every put down is completely clean.

The fact is Api controlled the ball and slammed it down. Try. Try. Try. Always.

What the hell is the game doing to produce decisions like this? They are monkeys with textbooks in boxes.

I don't go to many games these days. But I was at the game tonight.
Not going to talk about the match in this post. Rather about the feeling at Campbelltown. The Tigers have been better this year and when I saw it was a full house I expected a cracking atmosphere.

But it wasn't at all. Honestly, it might as well have been empty.
During the game, I turned to the people around me and I was like, are we still observing the Anzac minute silence?! come on! you can hear a pin drop in here!
The only fans making noise were Broncos fans. It felt like we were outnumbered. Embarrassing.

The only times there was a Tigers chant was when it came over the PA system. And that was only a couple times and no one really joined in. (tbh I always cringe when those chants come over the speaker - it's like conceding that we don't cheer).

Please don't give the excuse that there wasn't much to cheer for. That is never an excuse IMO and anyway doesn't check out.
The stands were muted, lacking fervour. I confess I was not much better. It's hard when everyone is silent being the only voice. There are only so many times you are willing to look like a lunatic and feel like one.

Would some atmosphere have turned the game? Probably not. But that is irrelevant. We have to try something to make our home stadiums more of a feared place to go for travelling teams and a more enjoyable place for us to go.

As the community of passionate fans that we are, we could do something about it collectively. Could be bringing flags and signs, a drum or a trumpet, figure out some easy chants to lead, anything!
Perhaps a thread each week can be dedicated to the people going and ensuring we have a loud and vibrant presence?
I really don't know, but something has to be done. Does anyone here have any suggestions?

Because I don't agree that Campbelltown stadium itself sucks. It's what happens there that does.
Good post mate!
It’s an interesting conundrum. You know when you go to an away game, it feels like the challenge goes up a notch.
Often both players and refs are affected by the crowd.
About 4 years ago Tigers vs Broncos in a tight one. Brooks kept us in the game with 2 one pointers. Scores locked at 7/7, our D line was tight all game when Kline awards a penalty ‘marker not square‘ in front 15mts out!!! I doubt we get that special treatment at Suncorp.
While we continue to play our home games at 6 or more grounds you can call them what you like, but they’re not home games.
For some reason LO is different.

Bad refereeing aside, how do we drastically improve our attack and when do we look like winning another game ?
We are struggling break a tackle and have no idea how to strip the opposing team for numbers.
The only thing we have going for us is good yardage when our starting forwards are on, backed up by some creativity from our 9, but this is not backed up by any x-factor or creativeness from the rest of our spine, no hard running or tackle busting on our edges and no speed or aerial threat on our flanks.

We made ground with ease against both sides but our spine didn’t have the class to score tries. This is in stark contrast to what we were saying 4-5 weeks back. That’s disappointing.
Both sides were missing crucial playmakers yet scored plenty of tries against a defence we were again all praising recently.
We have the most uninspiring, dull, robotic attack in the comp despite being coached by one of the greatest attacking players the code has seen and it’s frustrating that a roster with so many rep players and guys who have big game experience remains firmly a bottom 4 outfit.
I don't want to be too harsh just yet. We did look a bit ordinary at times but against the benchmarks. I'll reserve judgment until next week against an improving side comparable to us.
And cross my fingers and toes....

Bad refereeing aside, how do we drastically improve our attack and when do we look like winning another game ?
We are struggling break a tackle and have no idea how to strip the opposing team for numbers.
The only thing we have going for us is good yardage when our starting forwards are on, backed up by some creativity from our 9, but this is not backed up by any x-factor or creativeness from the rest of our spine, no hard running or tackle busting on our edges and no speed or aerial threat on our flanks.
We are beginning to show some shape in our backline.

We are beginning to show some shape in our backline.
Yes but is shape any good without any running threat or ability to break a tackle ?
I believe Bateman at 13 helped with our shape, but he does not look up to it defensively in the middle.
I think Bula was our only player to effectively bust a tackle and make a line break late in the second half, but aside from that one good play he was very poor as was most of his team mates.

Last 2 weeks we played the 2 best teams in the comp , yes we lost both but these 2 teams may well play the GF again this year , we are improving , we got dudded again with Api no try and it was ata time in the game that we score we are a better chance , last week no different as we made a break and had a player taken out of play with out the ball , he gets the ball we score and it was again crucial time in the game , Rub of the green is still not in our favour simply we have been so poor refs just blow us off , the NRL needs to look into this and warn refs to make sure calls are correct , the bunker well after API no try there is no hope for it and another part of the game which is really poor is forward passes , Broncos try in second half the ball was passed a mtr forward and the ref was right there and just let it go , it’s very frustrating and we need to start winning again urgently to get back on track ,
I also believe we are still 3 players short of a good top 8 team , and our juniors don’t have the players qty we need , we need to go to the market , I see our new guy got dropped ( Coaches decision ) yesterday , bring him gear now and put him in the centres with Olam .
players to let go
Twal - no impact at all
Naden - over rated
sulivan - reserve grader

Adam D - injury issues
seyfarth - reserve grader at best
there is probably more to add to this list to be competitive , we need to go shopping and buy a comp , like the roosters and co

Last edited:
Well written.

Ive been saying it for years, its the weakest home ground in pro sport. The place is a shithole. No heart, no soul, no energy, no atmosphere. Never has been never will be. Lacklustre shithole.
I take it you weren't at the game then? More comfortable complaining behind you keyboard?

Watched the pre game interview with Benji yesterday.

He said they have concentrated on defense in the pre season and not really attack.
That really showed last night

Both life and the stadium at campbelltown sucks my friend. To direct more traffic there is simply retarded but a step this deadshit club will no doubt take
Say what you want. Richo knows that’s where the future is, and two consecutive sell outs will only reinforce that. No one can throw shade at the attendance, so it’s just the grounds fault in general now. Talk about clutching at straws.

The NRL will Come out and back the bunker on the call. Anything that is not a 150% wrong call they back their man even though they know it’s another stinker call against the under dogs. Sadly they now look for reasons not to give us the green light. It would also appear the bunker gets more stick from the NRL for wrongly awarding a try than wrongly disallowing a try.

Watched the pre game interview with Benji yesterday.

He said they have concentrated on defense in the pre season and not really attack.
That really showed last night
Maybe try working on both this week at training.
Even then with the imbalance within the team line up, not much chance of seeing any decent attack.

Sezer is the worse game manager we have ever had. Give me Brooks anyday. He takes every wrong option and constantly puts us under pressure with shocking last tackle plays.

We have to get Bateman off the field. He is killing our attack at lock. Put the myth on the first plane back to England.
Geez, I hope that Pommy Prick gets home sick because I'm sick of him.

It's one of the worst decisions you will ever see. He doesn't lose control. He is transitioning the ball from a tucked grip to an extended grip to put down with his palm. It simply isn't a loss of control. The guy in the bunker should be hooked immediately
Isn't that the same arsehole from last weeks game?

Seriously hate Campbelltown.
Not the fault of Campbelltown that this team is lacking skill and most of the players are brain dead.

It has got nothing to do with geography, as I have said many times, if you are good enough you win anywhere.

Being realistic, you would have to be honest and say that our opponents don't have too many problems winning at Campbelltown. :ROFLMAO:

Of course it doesn't help much when you get the match officials making howlers of rulings at crucial times that completely change the momentum of a game.

Back