LIVE GAME Round 8 vs. Broncos

Live Game Discussion
Many on this thread seem to think it's the fans fault that the Tigers have lost 11 straight at Campbelltown. Complete rubbish and I wish you'd all stop with these comments.

The fans aren't the ones who lack imagination in attack and are lazy in defence.

I have yet to see anybody blame the fans for our terrible record there but for some reason we just don't perform well there.I have said many times i would prefer Homebush for our home games as it is central for all of our Sydney fans and it can cater for large crowds with far better facilities.

Got to say, poor coaching by the bunji again. Inexperienced effort with the bench again. Only using 2 reserve players until the last 15 minute?? Down by 22 and u don’t think to bring on Seyfarth ti help out in defence?? Or the fact we couldn’t score any points, u don’t give a ball playing half in like Fainu?? What was he waiting for? What the point of having him there, I just don’t get the thought process. Just dumb…

Tim Sheens mentored him well… check out the 2010 major semi loss to the Dragons … i recall a very similar situation in one of the biggest games WT have ever played …

Such a shithole lol we play well there once every 9 months.
No atmosphere, they are all just sitting there

There was an atmosphere, but when the team began to give up and the broncs started to just run over us the crowd did die off (well the tigers half), but a lot of “well we are just too used to this giving up” feeling did exist.

The other thing that killed the crowd was the addition of the crappy pre-recorded Tigers chant that now happens to come across the speakers (someone at head office must have heard the Parra one and thought it was a good idea - despite it never working at Parra). It firstly didn’t get the crowd to cheer with it, and when the chant happened naturally, they played it and it didn’t line up in timing and again killed the chant.

Tim Sheens mentored him well… check out the 2010 major semi loss to the Dragons … i recall a very similar situation in one of the biggest games WT have ever played …
Don’t agree entirely it’s a different kettle of fish. If the game is close I can understand not trying to take the risk, plus that was all bunji kicking out on the full. Setting it up for Soward! Different game when your getting pumped and don’t use your bench! I would of hooked Pole after that dumbass push, no accountability. Same with Bateman!

They need to run onto the ball, like Nathan Brown. We are too slow all over the park. No one with speed off the mark.

Pole recieves the ball at pace, only problem is he never gets it on the advantage line, he always receives it 2 metre behind the play the ball. He would cause havoc if could hit it at pace right in the ad line but he must prefer the earlier ball.

Don’t agree entirely it’s a different kettle of fish. If the game is close I can understand not trying to take the risk, plus that was all bunji kicking out on the full. Setting it up for Soward! Different game when you’re getting pumped and don’t use your bench! I would of hooked Pole after that dumbass push, no accountability. Same with Bateman!

Long time ago now … but you lose a real tight grind grand final qualifier 13-12 … by playing essentially 15 v 17 … it didn’t worry me that he didnt use the winger he carried on the bench .. but only playing Fifita for like 7 minutes was a killer

Their attack is one of their strengths, and is our major weakness.
We had no problem getting into a position to score but can't convert and the Broncos can score from any part of the field. Don't think the bench rotation makes one iota of difference to that outcome unless their was an attacking genius who could get their team to convert the opportunities that we created.

Got to say, poor coaching by the bunji again. Inexperienced effort with the bench again. Only using 2 reserve players until the last 15 minute?? Down by 22 and u don’t think to bring on Seyfarth ti help out in defence?? Or the fact we couldn’t score any points, u don’t give a ball playing half in like Fainu?? What was he waiting for? What the point of having him there, I just don’t get the thought process. Just dumb…
Also allowing Renoylds to play across field running with no fear. Please make Bateman smash him all day with or without the ball. Just no idea in the coaching ranks!
We have several deficiencies,but the main one atm is in our coaches box...our attack is woeful

They need to run onto the ball, like Nathan Brown. We are too slow all over the park. No one with speed off the mark.
Yep. No depth in attack both backs & forwards. I know some will respond with stats showing our forwards matching our opponents, but it's obvious we've got a pop-gun pack. No fear factor, no mongrel. We're never playing out the back with speed & depth after tearing into the opposition line.
I know we've got weakness in our backs, but our forwards are timid plodders without skill or smarts.

Well, I think we have amplely demonstrated that WT really lack a game breaker in the current squad. The big teams have atleast 2 or 3, we have none. Hopefully next year the signings of Luai and Turuva can bring the ability to score points on top of positive progress with Galvin, the Fainu's, Ute and Pole. I am worried about Api's wear and tear and the lack of a strike back rower but we are getting there. Never expected to win or be too close to the Broncos today.

Members online

Back