TEAM LIST Round 8 vs. Broncos

Team List
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seersy's parole reporting conditions probably prevent him from attending...

Great to see Hoppa confirmed though - what better person to throw down $200 to eat finger food with
Crikey how many members of that initial team have done time/ been charged or otherwise had legal issues? It’s like going through some Newtown 1970s team sheets…

What surprised you about the odds. It's the wooden spooners vs the most dynamic team in the comp. $5.50 so you need to be right about 18% of the time to breakeven. Sounds about right.
And given our poor record at CSS, plus the Broncos strike power, they make even more sense.
Not to mention the donkeys could trot out their colts and beat us at CSS.
Oh wait I think that rings a bell. 🔔
$5.50 is not enough for me but I hope we win. 🙏

Not sure about Bateman at lock… it annihilated our edge defence last year & he was so busy making tackles that it made him completely ineffective in attack.
I was keen for him to have a crack at lock last time, I thought it would really suit his game, but I think he actually stifled our attack and if he hasn’t trained there all offseason then I’m a little concerned he will do exactly as he did last time. It just shows how little we have done to fill the void at lock. Matamua still looks a maybe, did he train at lock with the run on side over the offseason? Bcoz it doesn’t look like it, and anyone can see we need another point of attack. Pole is probably not the answer and could benefit and really do some damage from the bench. Anyway I hope Bateman has had some time at lock over the offseason.

I’m really enjoying Benji giving trust to the new guys. Most the time they have responded.

Sammy deserves that starting spot and can make it his own.

We don’t have a lock and Bateman is obvious best choice for us workload and ball playing ability wise

Alaimalo & Fatappe signed to the squad and both get a run

Bud got a run longer than probably needed but injuries/suspenion played a part

Latu and Galvin getting a crack.

Post this game we would have seen 4 rookie debuts, another 3 locked into the starting 13.

On average it’s 6 players per game difference in our side compared to last year with 3 rookies a game.

We certainly can’t say he is afraid to back his players and make calls for under performing players.
Sam Fainu would be probably the best new forward this year. Deserves to start.
Will be interesting to see how he goes from the kick off. I’ve always noticed his impact coming in around the 20 minute mark. He reminds me of Olakoatu at Manly. Big aggressive rangy talented player. Really like this guy. Hopefully we can hold onto him for a long time.

I was keen for him to have a crack at lock last time, I thought it would really suit his game, but I think he actually stifled our attack and if he hasn’t trained there all offseason then I’m a little concerned he will do exactly as he did last time. It just shows how little we have done to fill the void at lock. Matamua still looks a maybe, did he train at lock with the run on side over the offseason? Bcoz it doesn’t look like it, and anyone can see we need another point of attack. Pole is probably not the answer and could benefit and really do some damage from the bench. Anyway I hope Bateman has had some time at lock over the offseason.
I’ve got a feeling Matamua won’t be here long. I think it’s evident if he was good enough he’d be in the 17. Not the case really.

Will be interesting to see how he goes from the kick off. I’ve always noticed his impact coming in around the 20 minute mark. He reminds me of Olakoatu at Manly. Big aggressive rangy talented player. Really like this guy. Hopefully we can hold onto him for a long time.
How nice to have a BIG backrower i wish we could find another one.

Until the classy opposition halves expose any frailties in his goal line defense. It wasn’t so long ago we were leaking like a sieve with Luciano there. Hopefully Fainu is able to hold his own.

Until the classy opposition halves expose any frailties in his goal line defense. It wasn’t so long ago we were leaking like a sieve with Luciano there. Hopefully Fainu is able to hold his own.
From what ive seen so far Sams defence is a lot bett er tan Luc who had trouble moving sideways.

At least this is a sign that it would appear Benji sees you need tackle busting strike weapons on the edges.
Whether or not that causes issues with our defence is another story, but it’s a step forward in at least putting together an attack that can worry the opposition.

I haven't watched the Magpies this year.
So I wonder: is Alaimalo, the very recent union convert, ready for NRL? How relevant is his union experience for NRL after just 6-7 cup games?

I was surprised to see him preferred to the other Magpies winger, Lobb.

Given the wingers were our big weakness against Panthers, won't the Broncos be targeting a rookie winger like Alaimalo?

I haven't watched the Magpies this year.
So I wonder: is Alaimalo, the very recent union convert, ready for NRL? How relevant is his union experience for NRL after just 6-7 cup games?

I was surprised to see him preferred to the other Magpies winger, Lobb.

Given the wingers were our big weakness against Panthers, won't the Broncos be targeting a rookie winger like Alaimalo?
He was a winger and fullback in Union where they continuously bomb the ball even from within their own half so I would expect him to be safe. Praying I haven’t jinxed him.

He is a legitimate forward prospect that sets the bench mark for the level we need kids to hit grade within 5-10 games to be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back