LIVE GAME Round 7 vs. Panthers

Live Game Discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually thought we controlled there star FB pretty well too. Both he and Bula both ran over 200 metres with similar post contact metres Bula slightly more in both. Don't get the negativity.
Just checked Edwards stats and today was actually his second lowest running metres so far this season. Round 1 against the Storm is the only game where Edwards didn’t run for over 200 metres, and today was the second lowest he ran for 207. Bula actually did better than him in running metres and pcm, but Edwards made more tackle breaks. But Bula did throw a couple bad passes I’ll admit that, but I don’t think overall he was bad not like some are making him out to be. He’ll get better with more experience.

Every fullback in the game learns their trade...Bula is still learning his in the toughest arena in the world and you are bagging him...come on mate give the guy a chance,even Tedesco,Turbo and co had to learn theirs..
Bula is on his way to becoming a star fullback...all you need mate is patience and some sense...
You are correct, but this has all been pointed out to him previously.

Speaking of fullbacks, I thought Chevy Stewart was awesome tonight. Second FG game in the cauldron against one of the competition heavyweights. Copped a hiding but never took a backward step. Raiders have a good one on their hands there.

Are happy to have the least effective fullback in the NRL?
Really?
Thats why we lose games?
The bloke ran over 220 metres today and played solid….like he always does.
Not bad for a rookie.
The reason we lost was primarily on our wingers.
Both of whom contributed enormously to us getting beaten. .
One can’t catch a ball and had 2 tries scored down his wing (one of those directly off his inept catching) and the other is out of position on at least 3 occasions when we were looking to have scoring chances.
A cherry on top he drops the ball playing it on the first tackle 10m out from our line… and guess what?
Add our usual few silly passes and bonehead plays (Stef dropping the ball on tackle one on their line) and a few of the, now commonplace, glaring errors from the ref and you sum up our usual story.
Yet you always seem to single out Bula?

I get it.
It’s bloody frustrating. I agree with most comments about needing better backs. It looks like we still have a team that isn’t used to playing together. I just think that we’re closer than we think.
I think someone said earlier that having a dig won’t get us points which is true. But without that effort you get nothing. I’ve been hanging out to see some effort for the past 3 or 4 seasons and I reckon we’re getting it this year for the most part.
If we can somehow start to connect a bit better and take those chances we’re currently bombing we’re gonna win a few games.
Big question is how do we get there.
We stick with the team we have and improve teamwork.
I’m just pleased to see the older more experienced players are having a red hot crack.
I still don’t understand why we become less effective in our opponents red zone?

Actually thought we controlled there star FB pretty well too. Both he and Bula both ran over 200 metres with similar post contact metres Bula slightly more in both. Don't get the negativity.
I think it is born from our inability to turn good field position and opportunity into points. Bula is playing really well in support and many fans would like him to use his above average skill to make things happen, because very few others in the team are as capable.
Running 200mt for a fullback is SOP these days, when it gets to 400, like Joey Manu can do it raises eyebrows 😂
I think it’s time for Benji to find a way to get Bula more possessions, rather than use him as a finisher.

I think it is born from our inability to turn good field position and opportunity into points. Bula is playing really well in support and many fans would like him to use his above average skill to make things happen, because very few others in the team are as capable.
Running 200mt for a fullback is SOP these days, when it gets to 400, like Joey Manu can do it raises eyebrows 😂
I think it’s time for Benji to find a way to get Bula more possessions, rather than use him as a finisher.
Penrith are a team that don't leak many points. He certainly has areas of his game that he can improve on but our inability to score yesterday was not only because of our attacking deficiencies as a team, but also due to Penrith's ability to make it difficult to crack them. My defence of him in this game is largely due to the quality of the opposition, and his contribution being of similar to his much more fancied opponent. The attacking opportunities for both teams were limited on the back of good D - Penrith took advantage of theirs and we didn't and that's why they are a great team. Individually our guys gave it red hot crack yesterday, they just did it better.

Bateman was dangerous when he moved to centre and Samuela was a weapon with the ball and in defence on that edge .
I think Naden was good on the wing .
Tupou is a good football player , but Jesus man you can’t have 2 errors every single game . And errors which heap pressure on the team in key moments in the game .
Honestly I’d be asking the dolphins if they wanted to swap anyone to take Tupou now .
Staines positional play is poor on backline movements . When he should be pushing up he’s back and when he should be back he’s up .
Tupou will fit in nicely at the Dolphins. He already has the flippers

Really?
Thats why we lose games?
Not bad for a rookie.
One can’t catch a ball and had 2 tries scored down his wing (one of those directly off his inept catching) and the other is out of position on at least 3 occasions when we were looking to have scoring chances.
A cherry on top he drops the ball playing it on the first tackle 10m out from our line… and guess what?
Add our usual few silly passes and bonehead plays (Stef dropping the ball on tackle one on their line) and a few of the, now commonplace, glaring errors from the ref and you sum up our usual story.
Agreed. Bula is awesome.

Tupou I find to be Kepaoaesque.

Charlie Staines is having a crack - but not pushing up with the line in attack is inexcusable. If he’s there in support and we get that try it changes the game.

Likewise with the Olam trip, if we score that try it changes the game.

I actually thought we were good enough to win that game.

Really?
Thats why we lose games?
Not bad for a rookie.
I’m sure most on this forum do not watch other NRL games.
Every other NRL team is heavily reliant on their fullback and their edge forwards to create attacking attacking opportunities every time they are in good attacking position.
The players they have in these positions nearly always run onto the ball at high speed, threaten to make line breaks, create line break or try assists, make line breaks or score tries themselves, contest the attacking high balls and if they don’t get the ball they are often a genuine decoy that creates extra space for others.
If this was happening with our attack we would not be struggling to score more than 1 or 2 tries each game and we would not look like a rudderless rabble each time we attack the opponents red zone.
It’s funny how most put all the blame on our halves last season and now Brooks in particular is showing when he has decent players around him in these crucial positions he is more than capable of playing a strong hand in many try scoring opportunities each game.

Reactions: BZN
No doubt our players are “having a dig” this year and hats off to them for that.

The issue I see is that we don’t have point scoring ability. And having a dig won’t fix that. a few game breakers need to be found/manufactured/stolen.
Suni Turuva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back