LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
You would have been hard pressed to find anyone who rated this team as top eight contenders after last year's wooden spoon and very poor recruitment over the off season.We try hard but when push comes to shove we can't perform to the standard of better squads week in week out. I don't buy that we are more undisciplined than any other team we just don't have the capacity to come out on top without some luck and the rub of the green like most other teams we face. The reality is each week we are going to become more vulnerable as players get injured and the best teams click into gear.
Terrible time for us to face the Dolphins with the Hammer coming back and strength in all the areas we don't have and two of our hardest working players in Papalli and Bateman out. This could be the horror week.

I havent had time to check out the forum until tonight,,,been busy with work especially today being Mothers day...
I watched the game while I was at work and the biggest thing I found was a major problem with our team is the discipline...we constantly give cheap penalties away,six agains and we cant recover because we have a very ordinary squad of players with the exception of Api Galvin and maybe a couple of others...
Benji and his coaching crew can teach them all they like about attack and defense,but while they lack the discipline to play top NRL they will be cellar dwellers for the next 5 years or so..
The top teams may make errors but have the skills and footy smarts to recover from those errors,but unfortunately and this is hard for me to say but our blokes are stupid because they make the same mistakes week in and week out and dont seem to learn from them..
They have put in the effort,they havent been smashed by big margins and seem to come close to winning until they do stupid things and the opposition capitalize on those dopey mistakes...
HOPE THEY LEARN REAL SOON.....
One of the biggest problems I have with us is our discipline. It’s awful. I also believe that refs dislike controlling our games because of it. I think there is one reason for this…

We don’t play NRL level footy. We play park level footy.

By this I mean we are always late to the party on new trends. This isn’t a skill based dig as we have many very good players in our squad - a couple of whom are at the pointy end comp wise. More so I’m talking about the preparation of the players for NRL footy. We were years behind the wrestling trend, still trying to play fast when the rest were honing their grappling skills. We had no one dedicate their efforts to controlling the speed of the game. Melbourne guys excelled at it, doing the same for QLD and the Kangaroos. Our guys flop into tackles late or hold them down a fraction too long trying to slow the game down when opposition teams do it without being so blatant. We always appear fatigued. Is this because we don’t work as hard on fitness? No, it’s because we don’t wear the opposition down enough so they keep rolling and in desperation we start giving penalties away. The fatigue factor goes a long way towards explaining why we are leading the league for having players on report this year…even beating thuggish clubs the Roosters and Rabbitohs. When you are more tired then the opposition, your timing is out fractionally. Our blokes aren’t dirty yet have been charged 13 times in 9 games!

Is there a ref bias? Maybe. Is it our fault? Almost certainly.

Last edited:
I see judiciary decisions on 2 identical charges
Isaiah Papalii -dangerous contact tripping 1st offence = 1-2 matches
Angus Chrighton -dangerous contact tripping 1st offence $1000-$1500

Only difference was Crichton contact was more severe
Other difference ones a glamour player at a glamour club
Someone please explain ?

I see judiciary decisions on 2 identical charges
Isaiah Papalii -dangerous contact tripping 1st offence = 1-2 matches
Angus Chrighton -dangerous contact tripping 1st offence $1000-$1500

Only difference was Crichton contact was more severe
Other difference ones a glamour player at a glamour club
Someone please explain ?
I didn’t see Crichtons but if that’s true then I would hope we are fighting the charge.

Back