LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
Fact is we can't put a team on the field without compromises on selections
At the moment if my criteria is everyone in the 1-17 is a genuine in form 1st grader I can't come up with 17
At best I have Bula, Staines , Olam ,Steph, Klemm , Api ,Bateman , Sam F , Pole
Add , those not ideal but deserve a chance
I have Galvin ,Bud , Simpkin,
Cant pick Ipaps ,Sezer both suspended
Even if they were not I've got 14 that's still 3 short of a full deck and next week 5 short.
My point is there is no one in lower grades that deserves selection
We need much more depth and I mean Quality depth and IMO the only place we might find them is in the NSW and QLD cup sides of the top teams
Top players in the top clubs who are stuck behind NRL stars and unlikely to get an
NRL gig might jump at the chance to jump ship mid year and play NRL with the tigers !
Just trying to think outside the box and find a solution as our roster is at least 6 short of a full deck
Picking your team for next week ? Well good luck

I don’t know any Tigers fans away from online.
Therefore I see how other supporters carryon.
Our fans have a persecution complex that puts others to shame. Always someone else’s fault. Refs hate us, media has it in for us, even the governing body likes to keep us down…just dribble.
No one can ever provide a motive.

No one can ever provide a motive.
Because there is not one to be found.
Imagine being an adult and thinking that your side keeps losing because the administration of the code is in cahoots with the referees and the media to continually disrupt you or even cheat you out of victory.
It’s pretty sad really…

Fact is we can't put a team on the field without compromises on selections
At the moment if my criteria is everyone in the 1-17 is a genuine in form 1st grader I can't come up with 17
At best I have Bula, Staines , Olam ,Steph, Klemm , Api ,Bateman , Sam F , Pole
Add , those not ideal but deserve a chance
I have Galvin ,Bud , Simpkin,
Cant pick Ipaps ,Sezer both suspended
Even if they were not I've got 14 that's still 3 short of a full deck and next week 5 short.
My point is there is no one in lower grades that deserves selection
We need much more depth and I mean Quality depth and IMO the only place we might find them is in the NSW and QLD cup sides of the top teams
Top players in the top clubs who are stuck behind NRL stars and unlikely to get an
NRL gig might jump at the chance to jump ship mid year and play NRL with the tigers !
Just trying to think outside the box and find a solution as our roster is at least 6 short of a full deck
Picking your team for next week ? Well good luck
Possibly true, but even if it is that applies to most NRL teams named on a Tuesday afternoon.
We are the only team without 2-3 genuine stars, the only one we could classify as a star player is Api and at his age he is not at his best every week.

Last edited:
It's hard to argue against this when some of our fans thought Pascoe got his cap suspension because Gallop was afraid Pascoe was gonna get his job.
If I didn't like RL so much, I'd love to see it just for the laughs. Can you imagine?

One match for Ice whilst James Tedesco gets ?

Roosters captain James Tedesco has been charged by the NRL match review committee for tripping Ryan Papenhuyzenduring his side's loss to the Storm.

The fullback stuck his leg out and collected his opposing No.1 during the second half of the 18-12 loss at Allianz Stadium on Thursday night.

Tedesco will be fined $750 if he takes the early guilty plea, but risks a $1000 fine if he opts to fight the charge at the judiciary and loses. “

No, he got up really slowly like he may have picked up a niggle. Same thing Garner does most tackles. Can’t understand how these guys get to FG and don’t understand the effort areas. Melbourne compete at 100% every single tackle.
Do you apply the same microscope to Stefano’s slow play the balls?

Possibly true, but even if it is that applies to most NRL teams named on a Tuesday afternoon.
We are the only team without 2-3 genuine stars, the only one we could classify as a star player is Api and at his age he is not at his best every week.
I think you’re a bit harsh on api there..

Roosters captain James Tedesco has been charged by the NRL match review committee for tripping Ryan Papenhuyzenduring his side's loss to the Storm.

The fullback stuck his leg out and collected his opposing No.1 during the second half of the 18-12 loss at Allianz Stadium on Thursday night.

Tedesco will be fined $750 if he takes the early guilty plea, but risks a $1000 fine if he opts to fight the charge at the judiciary and loses. “
Let's see what A Crichton gets given its the same round.

I havent had time to check out the forum until tonight,,,been busy with work especially today being Mothers day...
I watched the game while I was at work and the biggest thing I found was a major problem with our team is the discipline...we constantly give cheap penalties away,six agains and we cant recover because we have a very ordinary squad of players with the exception of Api Galvin and maybe a couple of others...
Benji and his coaching crew can teach them all they like about attack and defense,but while they lack the discipline to play top NRL they will be cellar dwellers for the next 5 years or so..
The top teams may make errors but have the skills and footy smarts to recover from those errors,but unfortunately and this is hard for me to say but our blokes are stupid because they make the same mistakes week in and week out and dont seem to learn from them..
They have put in the effort,they havent been smashed by big margins and seem to come close to winning until they do stupid things and the opposition capitalize on those dopey mistakes...
HOPE THEY LEARN REAL SOON.....

We are running Api into the ground. Needs to play 50 minutes per week.

Watching it back it really came down to the injuries To’a and Bateman but especially To’a. Without those we win yesterday

Also Staines and Naden both had poor games but quite a bit of that was down to the combos being changed repeatedly

Really impressed with Bula but also Sullivan who played our best halfback game all year

I havent had time to check out the forum until tonight,,,been busy with work especially today being Mothers day...
I watched the game while I was at work and the biggest thing I found was a major problem with our team is the discipline...we constantly give cheap penalties away,six agains and we cant recover because we have a very ordinary squad of players with the exception of Api Galvin and maybe a couple of others...
Benji and his coaching crew can teach them all they like about attack and defense,but while they lack the discipline to play top NRL they will be cellar dwellers for the next 5 years or so..
The top teams may make errors but have the skills and footy smarts to recover from those errors,but unfortunately and this is hard for me to say but our blokes are stupid because they make the same mistakes week in and week out and dont seem to learn from them..
They have put in the effort,they havent been smashed by big margins and seem to come close to winning until they do stupid things and the opposition capitalize on those dopey mistakes...
Best and truest post I've seen for ages

Pole blatant leg pull on about the 4th in our 20 6 again, Ice's trip just when it looked like we found the back row balance, Bula stupid strip, totally stupid captians challenge on that strip, all in the first 30 minutes... I turned it off.

I can handle being beaten by better squads, but that rubbish catches up.

Trouble is TT we’ve been hoping that for 3 years. Seems intrinsic in the Tigers DNA.

Yep tripping has just been a fine for a while now, but when a Tigers player does it, automatic suspension! No bias there at all 🙄

Remember when we beat the Sharks, then backed it up with a win against the Eels? Didn’t that give us some false hope..
This happens every year and every year some people on here get so excited and post things like “there’s something different about the team this season, we’re a team on the up” lol.

Latest posts

Back