LIVE GAME Round 10 vs. Knights

Live Game Discussion
Pole seemed to go missing - had some good runs but needed more. Middle were average at best. Pap was better in the middle. Save Toa. And then Bateman we would been in the hunt. Fatappe for naden
Pole was the reason the knights scored right on half time , he was walking , never tried to get up in the line if he had they didn’t score that try , our kick chase is terrible, we were all over the shop and again they walk through our defence and score , I got to ASK what the HELL are the coaches doing , kids mistakes low efforts in defence , we stuffed up a certain try bula to naden , bula didn’t draw the last man a simple thing but a massive error, getting a bit sick of the excuses coming from benji , u have had 10 weeks and things aren’t getting any better

100%. In 2024 a winger should back himself to beat a defender and get out of the in goals. Walking it dead is soft.
Every f*ken time he takes the easy way out! That ball in the first half when he should of picked it up, guess what he took the soft option!
It’s what the panfers saw in him, that’s why they cut him loose…

Every f*ken time he takes the easy way out! That ball in the first half when he should of picked it up, guess what he took the soft option!
It’s what the panfers saw in him, that’s why they cut him loose…
Yes, that went a bit unnoticed. Dive on it. You learn that at a young age playing for Oranges.

Guys / Gals, we are not getting flogged. Who watched the last two seasons posting their poop? This is WT. are we going to get another spoon? Maybe / likely. Are we seeing improvement - I think so. Score lines suggest we are not rollovers. Yes we should have won that one. Crueld by injuries and Naden. I now only watch for improvement with zero expectation.
Haha so we;
  • got the spoon in 2022 with a poor roster evicerated by injury,
  • got the spoon in 2023 with a decent roster and heaps of off field turmoil
  • you are thinking we are likely to get another spoon in 2024 despite the off field stuff being sorted and possessing a better roster…
yet there is improvement?

Look at our coaching team, except Farah not one of them has a hard edge!
This leads to the lack of owning the ruck. We need to hold the play of the ball up more, need to push the envelope with the peanuts! Everyone else is! Every time the ref yells at us we roll off where the opposition stays on for 3-4 seconds more. Then they have all the time to line up at marker and get their defence set. We allow the roll on by falling off when the peanuts yell at us. This is a main reason why we are losing these games.
Simple, own the ruck, own the game!

We lose a starting centre just as he's about to score, the edge that replaces him gets injured as well, we've got a bench hooker playing on an edge... zero lucky breaks and still only lose by a converted try. It's not time to slash your wrists just yet.
For sure this - but it's a compounding effect.

In isolation, you could not be too upset with that result given the events you described - but because of our predicament for the past decade plus... we're just tired.

Really good game from Sullivan, Papalii and Fainu. Papalii looks very good at 13 and when we stop shooting ourselves in the foot he might have an impact and lift our forwards a little.

Stefano had his now standard lethargic match.

Wow, Pole defensively was absolutely atrocious. Not simply missed tackle but almost seemed to be avoiding tackling altogether. Shocking from him.

Our outside backs, bar Olam, are terrible. Feel like the rest of the team was looking okay. Obviously Naden was hopeless.

Footy IQ is just so low across the field. Bula, Staines, Naden, Sullivan (not today), Bateman, Klemmer, Pole, seyfarth just always stuffing up throughout a game to kill us.

I was never a fan of Benji's appointment but far too early to blame him and Api, Luai, turuva all signing under him is big endorsement and demonstrates pulling power we've never had from a coach before.
Agree with most of that and agree that it is to early to judge what Benji can do. But i still question Benjis 'pulling power. Api signed to play under Madge. It took 1.2mil a season to convince Luai to come. That just leaves Turuva as his only decent signing.

Is Stafford to a pulling his hamstring in the motion of scoring a try not the most west tigers thing of all time
It’s as about as Wests Tigers as having an opposition player sin binned for 7 minutes rather than 10

I heard the commentators say Stefano flew in to meet the squad today. Staying back to sort a contract?

Just stepped in from a catch up at the pub with the boys (me being the only Tigers supporter) so had plenty of feedback from mates that support other teams and the over all response was that once we lost a centre and didn’t have anyone to cover that right side we were done.
Most didn’t blame Bateman saying he hasn’t got the speed anymore to cover that position,
Second half every one laughing how absolutely horrendous the defence was from both Naden & Sullivan no where near 1st Grade standard.
I had nothing as I couldn’t argue with the bleating obvious.
Final verdict from the boys:
Finding a Centre to place on the bench that can fill in at second row if needed.
Instead of the other way around.

Drop Naden & Sullivan because
Remember the old saying if you can’t tackle you can’t play 1st Grade ,

I didn't watch the game a few weeks ago when we apparently had Kepaoa step in and do a good job from all reports.

I don't see the point of having a hooker on the bench when his rotation seems to be an afterthought instead of being scheduled.

His second child was born.
I think he is as good as gone , he has gone super soft of late , that sends a message to me he won’t be here next year . We need someone to go out and poach 3-4 props and backrowers , I suggest u start at the sharks and the roooters , they can’t keep all those forwards they got stocked pilled , forget the kids in the forwards none are near ready

Back