LIVE GAME Round 1 Discussion *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
Scotty Prince and Ben Elias made their careers from one handed show-the-ball dummies.

View attachment 10780
Yeah the show and go... Very common from those two and many other good halves.
Today's one had the phony back handed flick pass added...

I'd seen many do the show and go before but when. Prince with us it really highlighted to me.how deceptive this could be when done well... Just holding up a defender for a split second and then eventually the hole prince was.looking to create appears

Read the rules - a penalty try is only applicable when there is a certainty that the player would score if not for the infrigement!

Not just a good chance - or even "likely"!

See Craig Smith in the 99 GF for an example!

No excuses - it is more sub-standard adjudicating by the bunker!!
My understanding was that the rule had been changed recently to say that it's up to the video refs discretion and opinion.

Hence with each can the video refs say "in my opinion.. " so and so

Can remember the sanctimonious posters on here saying they’d rip up their memberships etc….he was exactly the coach we needed.
Are you confident he could of done it with a Brooks / Flannagan halves pairing, because that is likely what our halves pairing would of been?

One of the things i noticed over the round was what a total farce the play the ball was. Very few players made any attempt to play the ball correctly and there was not one penalty for incorrect play the ball. Personally i would rather it stay that way but there are a couple of journos who are calling for a crackdown on it. What's the bet that after a round of open slather we will be the first team to be penalised for an incorrect play the ball.

Read the rules - a penalty try is only applicable when there is a certainty that the player would score if not for the infrigement!

Wasnt this the Ref that blatantly shafted the Tigers in that game against the Cowboys 2 years ago? With such blatant "mistakes" surely there is impropriety there!

My understanding was that the rule had been changed recently to say that it's up to the video refs discretion and opinion.

Hence with each can the video refs say "in my opinion.. " so and so

It was a terrible decision and i don't care what bs the NRL come up with to defend it.If the NRL continue in this vein you will see more diving than in all of the soccer competitions in the world put together.It was an insult to every genuine football follower imho

One guy's hard yet can get his players to buy in and builds a connection with them.
The other guy's hard and communicates like the creepy uncle awkwardly talking to his pretty niece.
You work out which is which.
No that was under a culture of the players whining about hard work and management responding. Every player that has improved at other clubs all go on about how hard the training is and the standards set by coach and players.

Maybe the round 1 bye was a blessing in disguise. For Benji. For all of us.
I certainly hope Benji stays up at night this week and watches the video replays of all the games ...He should get the team in the right frame of mind whats needed this week,solid defense,ball movement, very minimal errors and watch what the refs were doing...
As you say X,the bye could be a blessing in disguise for us,,,,

There is no need for 'certainty' that is not in the rulebook all. It is just if the ref's opinion a try would have been scored.
Though I disagree with the ref's opinion a try would have been scores.

Are you confident he could have done it with a Brooks / Flannagan halves pairing, because that is likely what our halves pairing would have been?
No but on what I’ve seen so far he would have put some starch in the team.
Anyway, Benji now has the right of reply so let’s see what he brings to the table.

Are you confident he could of done it with a Brooks / Flannagan halves pairing, because that is likely what our halves pairing would of been?
Well we dont know that would have been the case, however certainly would have been a huge test if that was what he had to work with.
Im more talking towards his ability to build a tough roster that digs in.
We went Sheens then Marshall. Not great so far...

Well we dont know that would have been the case, however certainly would have been a huge test if that was what he had to work with.
Im more talking towards his ability to build a tough roster that digs in.
We went Sheens then Marshall. Not great so far...

Resilience and Character just aren't our go to's

Back