Rorters signing SBW

sheer64

Because they have room in their salary cap. :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing: :rolling_on_the_floor_laughing:

They released their young centre to us early so I am supportive of the signing of SBW.

I have no problem with SBW joining rorters.I doubt if he will a success his form in ESL was mediocre

Lol this was the surest bet of all time! By the time Money Bill gets there and gets himself fit, he will play 4 games of the regular season, then into the finals, taking the place of some poor bugger who is more deserving, and most likely into the GF and getting another Premiership ring to add to his trophy cabinet, lots of cash and all the nauseating accolades to go along with it, all for probably 2 months worth of work and dedication to the game! I honestly don’t know how some of these wankers live with themselves.

@jadtiger said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1188995) said:
I have no problem with SBW joining rorters.I doubt if he will a success his form in ESL was mediocre

i hope he drops every ball and shoots roosters in the foot

I read that after SBW comes over to Australia, and spends the 14 days in quarantine, guess which club he would be first eligible to come up against...

that's right, the almighty Wests Tigers.

@JD-Tiger said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1191771) said:
I read that after SBW comes over to Australia, and spends the 14 days in quarantine, guess which club he would be first eligible to come up against...

haha typical. I'm not too worried though, he wasn't very impressive in the Super League. I felt sorry for Toronto forking out so much money for some pretty average performances from him.

Not too worried about it. He's buckleys chance of turning up for us, and we got something out of it so I'd say we actually benefit from it.

I hope he does. As soon as he comes off the bench bring Blore straight on.

what about the potential Barey Hall v SBW fight... SBW should get to chocolates over SBW simply due to age, SBW is an ok boxer should be a good fight.

I thought there was a minimum amount of games needed to have played in the season before they can play finals?

Why wouldn’t a club go out and buy all the superstars that aren’t playing finals footy in the final game? If it is pro rated for season games only then salary cap wise we could get it for nix

@Bob said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1192291) said:
I thought there was a minimum amount of games needed to have played in the season before they can play finals?

Why wouldn’t a club go out and buy all the superstars that aren’t playing finals footy in the final game? If it is pro rated for season games only then salary cap wise we could get it for nix

Yep, that’s the Pandora’s Box that has been opened by the SBW fiasco.

@mike said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1192292) said:

Yep, that’s the Pandora’s Box that has been opened by the SBW fiasco.

Well he's from outside the NRL, so that's one thing. In the old days you did buy UK "superstars" for runs into the finals, e.g. Ellery Hanley after the ESL finished for the year.

There's also an argument that you don't really want to be adjusting rosters at the time of the finals. I mean, you could buy the Man Of Steel from ESL, assuming he's actually good, for just the finals or GF, but a team that makes the finals probably wants to take their cohesion and momentum into the matches rather than add some random new guy?

There wasn't an issue when Murdoch-Masila debuted in a semi-final, nor do I think there will be for SBW.

@Fraze23 said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1192431) said:

There wasn't an issue when Murdoch-Masila debuted in a semi-final, nor do I think there will be for SBW.

The only rule I am aware of is minimum # games to play in the reserve grade final, for obvious reasons.

Not true, BMM debuted in a finals game in 2010. On your second point, what superstars are off contract at finals time? Additionally there is a deadline for players changing clubs, usually today in fact, but for this season it is next week.

@TillLindemann said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1191772) said:

haha typical. I'm not too worried though, he wasn't very impressive in the Super League. I felt sorry for Toronto forking out so much money for some pretty average performances from him.

Haha yeah.... He was garbage yet we have clowns like Fittler tugging him going on about how professional he is, then he himself.comes out and admits he was in 'holiday mode'
Another reason to push me away from the game

SBW is a quality player and had a career in RL and RU that only most can dream of. Would make a great documentary. Appears a quality bloke as well and appears to have grown from his days at the Doggies and their toxic environment.

I have no problems with Easts signing him as he has a relationship and love for the club.

Given his age and lack of recent game time I don't think his impact will be as great as it was in his previous stint at Easts.

Yah not too fussed, he was never going anywhere else - money was not a factor. Another premiership at a club he has a very strong relationship with.

I think Kent mentioned this on 360, and I do agree - the NRL should have been more transparent about how his salary would be going into the books so that other clubs COULD have made offers based on that, even though he wasn't going anywhere else it would have made less noise.

@Long-Term-Fan said in [Rorters signing SBW](/post/1192699) said:
SBW is a quality player and had a career in RL and RU that only most can dream of. Would make a great documentary. Appears a quality bloke as well and appears to have grown from his days at the Doggies and their toxic environment.

I have no problems with Easts signing him as he has a relationship and love for the club.

Given his age and lack of recent game time I don't think his impact will be as great as it was in his previous stint at Easts.

Are you suggesting he has aged faster than Cam Smith, due to his days at the Dogs? Maybe? He can still be a devastating runner of the ball when an opportunity presents itself.

Back